Customer Discussions > Scream forum

No Amazon MP3 downloads overseas

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 6, 2010 5:28:37 AM PDT
I am a long time Amazon user and an American Servicemember that recently deployed to Afghanistan for 6 months. I am a huge music fan and collector.
A few days ago I was about to download an album but quickly found out that due to my IP address being overseas, that I cannot download music from this site.
Now while I do see a point of not letting people from other countries have this capability for black market reasons. You would think that a subscriber with an account that has been active and verified that there would not be any issues with at all.
I guess that is not the case.

So I am making noise, 'til they figure out a way to get me what I want or I am taking my business elsewhere or am going to be downloading music off free sites in which is a slap in the face to the musicians I want to support.

Posted on Dec 16, 2010 2:06:41 AM PST
So much for supporting the troops eh?

Posted on Dec 21, 2010 7:10:07 PM PST
I have had the exact same problem - I'm stationed in Japan. Totally sucks that they can't support folks protecting the country.

Posted on Mar 11, 2011 9:16:32 PM PST
Keith J says:
Yeah, I'm overseas in Okinawa Japan working as a civilian on a military base (am former military) and have used my U.S. Amazon account for many years to download music both here and in the Middle East right up until last week. Now that's over apparently, I don't know what their logic is on this issue but I guess I'll be using ITunes from now on. But I wanted to say thanks to Amazon for saving me a lot of money all these years and you've been great up until now. I hope you have a change of heart and decide to support your military community overseas, especially the ones directly in harm's way!

Posted on May 15, 2011 9:55:06 AM PDT
Will says:
NO WONDER piracy is rampant here in Afghanistan. I tried to download from amazon rather than try finding a torrent, only to find disappointment. Oh well....
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Scream forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jul 6, 2010
Latest post:  May 15, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Scream
Scream by Ozzy Osbourne (Audio CD - 2010)
3.7 out of 5 stars   (153)