Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on January 28, 2014
We got this book for our toddler children when we found out our 3rd baby was going to be born premature. We read this book to them often during the pregnancy to prepare them for what their new baby sister would be like. Not only did we love the book and the way it prepared our kids then but 6 years later we still read the book and revisit what life was like during those NICU days. We love this book and recommend it to anyone who has experienced or is experiencing prematurity in their family.
on March 17, 2006
I purchased this book to give siblings when they visit in our NICU. The NICU nurses use it to teach the children about the unit and the newest member of their family. It is a wonderful resource to have.
on March 9, 2012
I bought this for my nephew who is 2yrs 5mths. His sisters were born at 28 weeks and are expected to be in hospital until their due date - so about 12 weeks. Although he has been introduced to babies & knew that there were babies in mummy's tummy - I thought it would be hard for him to understand why his sisters are so different from other babies - staying in hospital, having lots of tubes attached etc. I hoped this would be a nice book to be read to him and discussed with him, so he can understand what is happening.

I haven't seen the book, as it was sent directly to my nephew (I live too far away), but his parents say that it is "more suited to older children". I don't really know - but suspect that it might be a bit confronting for a young child - with complex explanations & terminology.

Hopefully the book will be more useful when my nephew & nieces are older.
on May 2, 2008
I got this for our granddaughter who is almost 3yrs of age and will become a big sister this summer. She was a preemie herself and spent a month in the NICU. She likes learning about her early days and has really enjoyed this book. I also think it will be really helpful for her to have read it so many times if this new baby happens to arrive early also.
on March 25, 2016
This was purchased for my NICU baby. While the story tells of a little brother, it is still a nice easy book to help explain to your little one what they went through while in the NICU.
on July 5, 2015
Good introduction to what siblings of NICU babies might experience in the neonatal intensive care unit. The pictures are simple and help tell the story well.
on September 12, 2012
We bought this book to tell the story to our preemie daughter someday of what she endured in the first weeks of her life.