Customer Discussions > New Girl: Season 1 forum

No Blu-Ray No Purchase

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 27, 2012 1:38:25 PM PST
Why they want me to pay for something I saw at better quality for free is beyond me. Put it out on Blu-Ray, and I'll buy it day 1.

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 7:49:13 PM PDT
J. Miller says:
I totally agree. I feel sick that I might not be able to own this because they might only do a dvd release, because I love the show so much.

In reply to an earlier post on May 9, 2012 10:59:49 AM PDT
Rhonda Watts says:
As far as I can tell, FOX hasn't even officially announced a DVD release of the first season. This pre-order is Amazon's doing--notice that there's no release date listed on the Amazon page. So, I'm guessing that when FOX does (and I'm sure they will) announce the DVD release, it will be available on Blu-Ray. Blu-Ray is so popular, it would be stupid of them not to make it available (although, this is FOX we're talking about; don't even get me started on the stupid decisions they've made... Firefly...)

Posted on May 10, 2012 7:46:11 PM PDT
J. Miller says:
There's a "sign up to be notified" for the blu-ray that I didn't see before. Maybe that's a good sign. I'd heard rumors that there wouldn't be a bd release, but maybe they were wrong. The audience for New Girl probably watches most of their shows in HD, so I would assume it would sell reasonably well. I know the main producers, including Zooey, are aware that the blu-ray release is an issue fans care about. Hopefully, they will push for it as well.

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 7:50:00 PM PDT
That's not a sign at all. Amazon puts those up there whether there's going to be a release or not. The place to follow is a site called tvshowsondvd.com. They have the dirt on all of this, including official press releases from the studio - and that one said DVD only.

I ended up buying this from iTunes on a Season pass, as that IS in HD.

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 9:20:24 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 23, 2012 6:57:27 PM PDT
J. Miller says:
enjoy your dvds, ross. i have a cave to sell you too, in case you're looking for a good place to watch standard definition dvds of a show that was originally broadcasted in high def.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 23, 2012 7:19:02 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 23, 2012 7:20:54 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Aug 24, 2012 1:44:27 PM PDT
J. Miller says:
choosing not to buy is not my problem, it's my choice. the show isn't upconverted from sd, but maybe you need glasses, although it probably won't matter in your cave.

i'm supposed to have to even consider the grand scheme of life when i shop for television shows or movies? i think anyone who ponders such important things as often as you seem to think they should, probably shouldn't be watching tv or movies anyway, because it's certainly not more important than feeding the hungry. i'm glad that you made me realize this OR care whether or not i choose to use lower case letters, proper grammar or spell check on a forum for a television show on http://amazon.com.

in the "grand scheme of life," i don't really think how i illustrate my point makes a lick of difference. NO ONE should have to watch a show originally broadcasted in hd on dvds. it's just plain stupid and insulting to the viewers and fans of the show. well, the ones who don't live in caves. in other words, your friends, family and neighbors.

Posted on Aug 26, 2012 3:58:01 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 26, 2012 4:03:16 PM PDT]

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 3:14:33 AM PDT
Whiners unite: You can buy the whole season in HD. You just won't have it on an actual, physical disc:
New Girl/Glee Sneak Peeks [HD]

My last comment was "deleted by amazon", so I guess the politically correct police came down on it. Or maybe it didn't send properly from my cave...

Posted on Sep 1, 2012 4:43:35 PM PDT
J. Miller says:
Only someone living in cave didn't know it would be offered in HD via download and/or streaming. We want it on blu-ray. The physical copy is really the point of owning things at this point and time. Most people aren't even prepared to make that switch to own digital media and then watch in on their HDTVs. The studios will get their way with it eventually....that's why they're not completely behind blu-ray like they should be. But it will be at least a decade or more before streaming/downloading even compares to the sales of physical content for all television and movie buying. 2 Broke Girls got a blu-ray release and New Girl didn't. I think the folks at Fox might also be taking their directions from someone living in a cave.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2012 7:40:25 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 1, 2012 7:44:07 PM PDT

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 4:21:27 PM PDT
J. Miller says:
Everyone knows all the people at Fox live in caves and want to take away Medicare. I'm sure you all eat at the same stone table. While I'm out doing the crusading for the downtrodden who have had their right to a New Girl blu-ray release taken from them. You know, because that's clearly what I do.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 3:20:37 AM PDT

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 5:52:08 PM PDT
J. Miller says:
Wow, what a shock to talk about a product on the product page on Amazon.com! Just buy the dvd, relax by torch light and watch the show in 480p. Woo-hoo, I'm sick over this. Well, yes, in the same way I'm sick when a classic album gets remastered and they butcher the job. I guess these message boards were created for people because Amazon expected people to NOT have an opinion...even a strong one? Even if they are cave dwellers? I think not.

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 4:54:28 PM PDT
J. Miller says:
$39.99 to own streaming content that doesn't even come in 1080p. I'd bet an important body part that this would be LESS on blu-ray at Best Buy for week one or at the very least, the same price. The studio is producing the content, giving me discs and art and cases and people work to do this have to be paid AND it's 1080p. So, they SAVE all the money on production and I'm supposed to be happy, not satisfied or, pardon me, not even be "sick" over being asked to spend $39.99 to watch what amounts to video on-demand from the cable company? You'd HAVE to live in something rock-like to think that's ok, acceptable or any kind of good deal....even as a back-up to blu-ray. Season 1/ 19.99 for 720p streaming and maybe we're talking about a realistic back-up to standard definition.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:37:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 9:39:58 PM PST
NO BLU = NO BUY. I own Big Bang Theory, 2 Broke, Bluebloods, etc. on Blu-ray, so why suddenly did they put New Girl in 2005 mode? Almost every series since 2010 has been avaliable on both standard and Blu-ray, and we're heading into 2013. This is a total ripoff! So to repeat, NO BLU = NO BUY.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 1:01:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 1:16:41 AM PST
How I Met Your Mother Season 7 AND 30 Rock Season 6: just two examples NOT on blu either. Blu ain't a guarantee.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  New Girl: Season 1 forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  Feb 27, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
New Girl: Season 1
New Girl: Season 1 by Zooey Deschanel (DVD - 2012)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (237)