Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS
Customer Discussions > Babylon 5: Season 1 forum

No Blu-Ray?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 16, 2012 1:25:16 PM PDT
Bruce Gray says:
Doesn't need much of an explanation - why has B5 not been re-issued in Blu-Ray? The DVD's are extremely nice, but Blu-Ray would be sumptious.....

Posted on Aug 9, 2013 12:19:53 PM PDT
Th. Boyer says:
Any such project would have to involve re-doing the series' VFX from scratch to make it worthwhile for the consumer, since they were all rendered for 4:3 SD television. Yes, the series was filmed in 16:9, but it was never treated as such during post; hence, all the awkward zooms that appear any time there's a CGI effect on the DVD's. Moreover, as evidenced by the DVD transfers, it seems the show's film elements were not stored well in Warner's archives, there's a whole lot of clean-up work that would need to be done on top of re-composing every CGI effect from every single one of those 110 episodes. Personally, I think such a project would be very much worth watching; I'd love to re-visit the series through such a fresh lens, but unfortunately, I don't think B5 is really popular enough to make such a release worthwhile in Warners' eyes.

Posted on Oct 5, 2013 6:49:14 AM PDT
I have to admit I've not really been that bothered by Blu-Ray as most movies and a lot of new TV shows look very good on DVD. But I would definitely jump at the opportunity to own a complete box set of Babylon 5 in HD. I hope one day Warner Brothers does commission a new rendering of the CGI from scratch so that this can happen. #FreeBabylon5

Posted on Oct 10, 2013 4:55:09 PM PDT
There is a complete set available in Region 2 if you have a multi region player, it includes the original 1993 print of The Gathering as well as Crusade and all the sequel films (including Lost Tales). You will still need to buy a standalone copy of the 1998 recut for comparison (it should still be available from some sellers).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Babylon 5: Season 1 forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Oct 16, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 10, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Babylon 5: Season 1
Babylon 5: Season 1 by Michael O'Hare (DVD - 2002)
4.3 out of 5 stars (539)