Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 56 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 21, 2011 6:40:43 AM PDT
This item is not compatible with the Pandigital Andriod Multimedia Tablet and Color eReader. I found out the hard way and had to return item. There was no connection device that I could use to connect the tablet with the keyboard. In addition, the tablet does not really fit into the carrying case.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2011 7:48:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 21, 2011 7:49:10 AM PDT
Apparently, you need an adapter to connect the USB to the mini USB on your Pandigital. Also, some tablets require that you go into setup(?) and turn the USB port on.

Posted on Oct 24, 2011 11:57:51 AM PDT
Rod Bell says:
This is a very clever design, but it is too small for my Pandigital 7" Novel tablet, even though it is recommended on Amazon's Pandigital 7" tablet page. I reluctantly returned mine.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2011 2:03:05 PM PDT
How do I get into "setup" with the Pandigtal Novel?

Posted on Nov 5, 2011 6:08:52 PM PDT
D. Harp says:
Has anyone figured out if this can be modified with the mini usb adapter to work with a pandigital 7" novel tablet? I think it is an excellent concept but do not want to waste my time and $.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2011 4:28:25 PM PST
i got the adapter and still couldnt get it to work and if u had to turn on the usb port i couldnt fig. that out.

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 12:52:08 PM PST
L. Underberg says:
I have not yet ordered the keyboard case and or adapter. I wanted to make sure that it was going to work before going thru the hassle of ordering something that would later have to be returned. Once I found this discussion I grabbed my tablet and went searching for the elusive setup for usb. After a LOT of frustration, I did find this on my Pandigital Star tablet: go into settings then: Applications/Development/USB debugging tap on USB debugging in the next screen and it will bring up another window that asks "Allow USB debugging?" tap ok. Once again, I have not tried it out yet since I don't have those items, but thought that I would share what I did find on my tablet. If anyone tries this, please comment to let us know if it worked for you or not. I will report back after I get my keyboard and adapter to let all know if it worked for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2011 4:03:48 PM PST
did it work?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2011 9:53:15 AM PST
L. Underberg says:
I. Just got the adapter in the mail yesterday, charged up my tablet last night and am using it to reply to you right now! Works great!! It is taking some getting used to this keyboard but in time I'm sure I will get used to it. Its funny that I was just getting on to post that it works when I saw your reply. :)

Posted on Nov 29, 2011 3:54:28 PM PST
Donna Smith says:
I have a Pandigital Novel multimedia 7, which usb adaptor should I buy to go with this?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2011 4:07:19 PM PST
L. Underberg says:
Use the adapter found at this link from a seller on ebay like I did, or one elsewhere like it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/160670101747?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2011 6:36:48 PM PST
did you get this item to work I have the very same item and we got one for our daughter hope it will work

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2011 12:24:44 AM PST
L. Underberg says:
Yes I did get it to work. It works great. just be sure to change the usb settings in the tablet and buy the correct adapter as noted in earlier posts. Good luck and I think you will like it.

Posted on Nov 30, 2011 12:31:35 AM PST
L. Underberg says:
I ordered the adapter that a previous poster recommended and changed the settings in my tablet. It works great with this keyboard! I'm so glad that I gave it a try! I really wish that I could change the title of this discussion to "Works Great for Pandigital Tablet". Again, here are the instructions for changing the usb settings on the Pandigital Star Tablet: go into settings then: Applications/Development/USB debugging tap on USB debugging in the next screen and it will bring up another window that asks "Allow USB debugging?" tap ok. As for the adapter that works, here is a link to the ebay auction that has it: http://www.ebay.com/itm/160670101747?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_1742wt_1165 or just do a search on that site with the keywords of "USB A Female to Right angled 90° degree Mini B Male OTG Host Cable 10cm".

Posted on Dec 1, 2011 4:31:45 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 1, 2011 4:33:19 PM PST
QBN says:
I, too, ordered this keyboard case based on Amazon's suggestion that other customers ordered this item with their Pandigital Android 1GB 7 inch Tablet. I, too, found out the hard way that the Tablet just doesn't fit the case and had to go through the hassle of returning it pronto! Shame on you, Amazon, for misleading your good faith customers!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2011 9:05:07 PM PST
L. Underberg says:
Can I ask what doesn't fit about it? Mine fits perfectly. I'm confused by the postings about this. Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2011 10:23:05 PM PST
A. Fazio says:
I have the very same question.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2011 10:26:45 PM PST
A. Fazio says:
Thank you SOO much! I'm going to order one for my Pandigital!! And I'm going to make certain I get the RIGHT adapter!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2011 5:59:35 AM PST
QBN says:
May Pandigital is too big for the case. The case will not close properly unless the tablet is practically smashing the keyboard - let alone that the stylus and the usb connector get in the way as well. By the way, I ordered two of these keyboards; I have two identical Pandis. Though both keyboards are practically alike, they were from different manufacturers. Neither worked. I also found out the problem with the usb connections, which, by the way, Amazon doesn't disclose when they recommend these keyboards for the Pandis and you end up finding out the hard way - supposing your tablet fits OK. Yes, you will need an adapter - a USB 2.0 female on one end and a usb mini 5 pin on the other. I, too, went nuts looking for it, but gave up. Don't feel the need to order from Hong Kong, and it appears those guys sometimes call a mini a micro, when they are two different types. I already had enough headaches with these things - called it quits. Hope this answers your question. I am glad the item worked for you. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2011 6:03:24 AM PST
QBN says:
See below my earlier reply to Underberg. I am glad it has worked for you, too. It did not for me, I am sorry to say.

Posted on Dec 2, 2011 10:12:39 AM PST
Raiderfan says:
Re Omar's problem with fit...sounds like not all PanDigital tablets are the same size. Will the cover/keyboard work with the PanDigital 72-70FW?

Posted on Dec 3, 2011 2:20:07 AM PST
L. Underberg says:
My guess is that it won't work. The Amazon page states that the 72-70FW is 2.9 x 7.5 x 9.5 inches while the Star (which does fit) is 7.9"H x 4.75"W x 0.5"D. I have the Star so that is all I can speak for and the keyboard/case works just perfect for it, snug enough to hold it in place and still have room for the adapter and stylus and close securely.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2011 11:21:01 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 4, 2011 4:39:57 PM PST
Raiderfan says:
Thank you,Underberg. That gives me something to compare to. Amazon's dimensions just didn't seem reasonable...2.9" thick? 2.2 lbs? so I went searching other sites to find a more reasonable set of measurements. Adorama (no longer sells the item but still shows specs) has 5.5x7.5x0.5, 19oz. So hope still lives...Go Raiders!!

Added Sunday PM...well, so much for the Raiders...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2011 7:48:31 AM PST
You must have a different model than the one it does not work with. I just spent 40 minutes on the phone with Pandigital support and they said that there is no way to use a keyboard with this model whether bluetooth or usb, my model number is RR7T40WR1 and it is the red 7" pandigital novel android multimedia tablet/e-reader. I have the adapter and the keyboard, changed the usb setting, but it isn't working. Since my adapter is slightly different that the one you are describing, I did order the exact same one as yours as a last attempt and will post back if it works when I receive it, which won't be until January 2012.

Posted on Dec 23, 2011 7:40:12 PM PST
I have a Pandigital Andriod Multimedia Tablet and Color eReader RE200 and I bought the adapter and checked the debugging setting on under applications. The keyboard still will not work. Can anyone tell me if there is something else I can try?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  36
Total posts:  56
Initial post:  Sep 21, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 24, 2014

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
SANOXY 7 INCH TABLET STAND WITH MICRO USB KEYBOARD, VEGAN PU LEATHER USB KEYBOARD CASE/COVER STAND FOR ANDROID 7 INCH TABLET PC (7 INCH TABLET BLACK)
SANOXY 7 INCH TABLET STAND WITH MICRO USB KEYBOARD, VEGAN PU LEATHER USB KEYBOARD CASE/COVER STAND FOR ANDROID 7 INCH TABLET PC (7 INCH TABLET BLACK) by SANOXY
3.4 out of 5 stars   (6,586)