5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Release
This cd is really great. If you enjoyed the first album then expect to like this one. It's pretty much exactly the same. It has some really awesome riffs. The only complaint I have is that their lyrics aren't exactly unique. I think i like "bottom of the well" so much is because it has good lyrics.

Great standout tracks

-Bottom of the Well - my...
Published on April 23, 2010 by Jacob S. Knoles

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the first one, but still good.
Published on May 13, 2010 by C. E. Angleberger

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Release, April 23, 2010

Great standout tracks

-Bottom of the Well - my personal favorite
-No Way But the Hard Way
-Blonde, Bad and Beautiful

I would recommend the special edition though. It has like 5 more songs. and two are really good

-Loaded Gun
-My Dynamite Will Blow you Sky High

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the first one, but still good., May 13, 2010
This review is from: No Guts, No Glory (Audio CD)
I bought this because Airbourne's first CD, "Runnin' Wild" absolutely rules. Just great rock and roll in an old school, no-frills AC/DC style. The band created well crafted and varied tunes through the whole CD. However, they seem to have run out of ideas on "No Guts, No Glory". There are still several great songs, but a few show some repetition in their songwriting. The attitude is still there, but the songs seem to run together by the time you get to the end of the CD. BUT, I'm not unhappy I bought it, because I like to support any band that "flys the flag" for straight up feel good rock n roll. If you like AC/DC and haven't checked out Airbourne, get their first CD. And go see them live if you can; I'm sure it's a great show. And check out Rhino Bucket, another killer Rock n Roll band...

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun, but Same Old Song & Dance, April 22, 2010
This review is from: No Guts, No Glory (Audio CD)
First off, let it be known I am a huge AC/DC fan which is what turned me on to these guys to begin with. Airbourne didn't reinvent the wheel, & sure they are a complete rip off of AC/DC, but they didn't hide it nor deny it & they pulled it off like no other band has! Which is why there 1st album I took at face value & gave it 4.5 . You can't deny the great hooks or the sing along choruses. This time around however they've had a few years to write, big bucks backing them, & with the amount of touring alot of wisdom. What we got however is the same ol' song & dance. It's the same album, actually it's a more watered down version. Airbourne have shown no progression with this album & are looking like another flash in the pan band. I bought this album not hearing anything, simply on the strength of the 1st album, and I don't hate this one, but I will definetly have to be sold on there next album before I buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another rockin' Special Edition, October 8, 2010
I find it extremely amusing that when I popped Airbourne's second album No Guts. No Glory in the computer it tells me I'm listening to AC/DC's comeback album Black Ice. Both bands are from Australia, and Airbourne borrows - heavily - from AC/DC's signature sound. Still, there's plenty of room for more AC/DC inspired rock bands (see also: Big Ball and Charm City Devils), and Airbourne is the best of the bunch.

Airbourne pretty much picks up where their debut Runnin Wild left off. The band basically plugged in their instruments and recorded these songs live, which resulted in a raw, unrestrained, pure expression of rock n' roll excess. Huge hooks, pounding rhythms and screamed lyrics about sex, booze and partying served AC/DC well for decades on end, and they do the trick for Airbourne as well. Single "No Way But the Hard Way" is an early favorite, but the whole album rocks like a hurricane. It's not remotely original, but it is entirely fun and not once will you get bored by an album as rocking as No Guts. No Glory.

Do you like rock n' roll? Then buy this album. It's that simple.

Edition Notes: The Special Edition of No Guts. No Glory comes in a digipack and has five additional studio bonus tracks. They all rock, and if you're an Airbourne fan you're going to want to hear them. It's well worth the extra money.

4.0 out of 5 stars If Brian Johnson of AC/DC and Tom Kiefer of Cinderella had a love child..., July 21, 2010
John "John" (Granger, IN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: No Guts, No Glory (Audio CD)
If Brian Johnson of AC/DC and Tom Kiefer of Cinderella had a love child, this is what the singer would sound like fronting AC/DC. So that means there isn't anything terribly original here, but it doesn't need to be or pretend to be. It revels in straight ahead rock and roll and is quite enjoyable rock and roll at that. Music for young headbangers and old guys like me trying to find some good old fashioned rock that is all too hard to find these days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop the whinning shup up and listen!!!, May 11, 2010
This review is from: No Guts. No Glory (MP3 Music)
Yes, they sound like AC/DC. Yes some of their riffs sound stolen. Yes it sounds somewhat like Bon Scott from the grave. And I for one Love It. I like most of the bands that have the classic AC/DC sound "Roller, Broken Teeth, Krokus, Rhino Bucket, Funny Money" the list could go on and on. I mean when was the last time AC/DC had a great CD or album. Black Ice was ok, but I do not think it was as good as eihter one of the Airbourn CDs. I do not want to take away from what AC/DC has done in the past they were great I have most of their cds. If they came out with a cd tomorrow I would buy it hoping that they sounded like old AC/DC again. They do not but Airbourn does. So let them rock and leave them alone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the wait, April 14, 2010
Wow, No Guts, No Glory The Special Edition finally got to me and damn can't take it out of my CD player. From start to finish, it just freakin' rocks. There Ain't No Way But the Hard Way, She's Blonde And Beautiful are only two of the great songs songs off the CD. I've been listening to Airbourne for a few years now and haven't gotten into a band like this since AC/DC. Thank god there are bands that still come along like Airbourne that keeps the metal heart alive. Please, if you are an Airbourne fan or if you are a new fan, get this CD and please get their older ones because you will not take any of them out of your sound system

3.0 out of 5 stars not good enough, December 8, 2013
This review is from: No Guts, No Glory (Audio CD)
Well there 1st and 3rd cds are awesome but this there 2nd cd is poor in comparision to the rest

5.0 out of 5 stars Airbourne No Guts. No Glory., December 2, 2012
This CD, as well as Airbourne's previous CD, Runnin' Wild, is some of the best rock music created. Airbourne's sound is very similar to AC/DC, though they will never be as good as AC/DC. However, if you enjoy listening to AC/DC and other classic rock bands, then you should definitely try listening to Airbourne. The only disappointment I have so far is that its been over two years and they still have not released a third album.
If more music like this was written and listened to, instead of the crappy rap and pop that makes up popular music today, the world would be a much better place. So purchase this CD and Airbourne's previous CD, and "Raise the Flag of Rock 'n' Roll" (Airbourne quote, from Raise the Flag).

5.0 out of 5 stars Airbourne 2, June 14, 2012
This is one of the best albums that I have purchased in many a day. It's too bad they only have out 2 albums. They need to release more!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›