Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on January 28, 2010
Words can't describe the joy I had when playing this game. When I am done playing, I may find it to be the best game on the Wii. The boss fights are over the top and zany. The graphics are great. The gameplay had more depth than the first. The writing is sharp. The story is dark. Did I also mention that I am only one hour into the game. Don't contemplate if you should get No Mores Heroes 2. It should be a matter of when in the next few weeks I should get it.
on March 6, 2010
I am reviewing this game based on the knowledge of the first game. As some of you may remember, No More Heroes was a fun Adult game for the Wii. It had its pros and cons, but it was unique which made it a blast. No More Heroes 2 totally blows away the first game.
Upgrades from version 1
*Better graphics- The first game was fuzzy and could make you eyes hurt after a while. NMH2 looks like its on a different system. The faces and texture of everything finally makes sense.
*Better side jobs- No more "run here, kill everyone, repeat" . Some may think that the Nintendo style graphics are a cop out, but I found the new side jobs to be quick and fun.... even if it was like playing an 80's arcade game.
*More indepth story- Travis is no longer alone. He has friends, allys, and even a brother. They packed so much story in here that it almost makes playing the first game obsolete.

All in all, if you liked the first NMH then buy this one. Its fun to play and will have you cracking up at all the rude and random humor throughout the game.
on February 7, 2010
From Suda51 (Killer7, Fatal Frame 4), is the sequel the the smash cult hit on the wii. Travis Touchdown returns to claim his ranks in the association of assassins. But this time, he's armed with a double edged Kitana and some new friends (there are three addtional players in this game).

This game is a must for anyone who is a fan of trashy movies and cult cinema. It is especially one for Takashi Miike fans, but I shall not going into any deeper detail there..

This game should be number one on the wii (next to Tatsunoko Vs Capcom). Easily the best action series on the wii, and it must be great if it's able to spawn a sequel.

Forget Wii fit, this is the top game for the wii and should be top of the charts.

The soundtrack is also kick a$$!
on July 31, 2013
My husband fell in love with this title years ago when the Wii console was brand spanking new. When this sequel came out my husband unfortunately had to wait due to life being life before purchasing it.

As a rare treat I bought it for him recently and he loves it as much (if not better) than the original. The gameplay seems to be harder in this game versus the first which was a pleasure to see and with the addition of multiple characters to play and funny bantering, this is a great franchise that I hope will produce at least a third game.

In conclusion if u liked the first one, you'll also enjoy this one
on April 18, 2010
This game is filled to the brim with quick and grueling action and brilliance!

The game is amazing alone, but it's better when you have the first game. In this game, unlike the first game, you get to wield TWO beam katanas!!!! 8D
Every level is full of vibrant detail and the characters have a better look than the first game!

Travis Touchdown is back for vengeance when his best friend Bishop is murdered by a vicious gang and a CEO of a business corporation that has now taken over Santa Destroy.

This game is definitely worth the money and you will be hooked instantly! What are you waiting for!? BUY IT!!!
on January 25, 2011
This game actually is more nuts than the first game! Travis is Back and man did they keep the formula more or less the same (which is good.)This is not a kids game in the least and every slice,profanity, and inuendo will not be lost on those who are above the age of 18..This game is beyond Cool but makes you feel bad because it's so violent you feel like a heathen for enjoying it soooooo much.My advice? If you somehow missed the first don't miss this...Scratch that.Don't miss this unique, cool game at all.
on February 14, 2010
PLEASE buy this game, i promise you, if you like blood, action and a twisted sense of humor and style (HARDCORE!!), you won't regret it!
Grasshoper Manufacture has stated this is the last we'll see from NMH on Wii, so support this game so we can hopefully see a sequel on this console, and even if it isn't this saga, let's prove third-parties there are lots of hardcore gamers on Wii so they can take MATURE risks on this console.
on April 10, 2010
I agree with everyone that wrote any positive review for this game...it's definitely original, clever, and funny with an old school kick. I love the story line, the moves, the weapons...everything!! You need to at least give this game a chance, chances are you won't be sorry.
on February 15, 2013
When this game first came out, I had overlooked it because I had taken some bad advice to heart about the No More Heroes series in general. I had simply let this slide until earlier this year (last month) when I decided to go back and check out some of the Wii games I had been missing by simply not paying attention to them. After clearing no More Heroes (And loving it mind you) I started up the sequel posthaste. Let me tell you, after beating No More Heroes and thinking to myself "Wow, what a great game! It couldn't get any better than that, could it?" I wasn't expecting much more than what I got in part one. But I was more than pleasantly surprised when I started part two up to find everything took a major positive facelift!

Now the first thing to be noticed was the graphics naturally. No More Heroes had very good (at least for the Wii) graphics that did their job just fine. They put me squarely in the place of a fictional California city with plenty of Americana to be had. The characters looked fine albeit with some lack of detail and I couldn't spot any major graphical glitches. A few minor ones, but nothing that would spoil the game. No More Heroes 2 took all of this and made nothing but improvements to it! The characters now possess the detail that they seemed to be lacking the first time around. Textures have more feeling and depth to them. Even the spots of the game that seem to be rather surreal (the fight against Matt Helms for example) look and feel lovely and right in place with everything else. I would dare to say that this game barely looks like a standard Wii game graphically. If this game could get a re-make on the Wii U, that would make this game's visuals stand out even more!

The Soundtrack. Oh my, the soundtrack. The music and the sounds of No More Heroes were simply masterful. Every enemy assassin had a theme and a feel all their own. From the enigmatic "samurai Summer" when fighting Holly Summers to the high octane and intense "We Are Finally Cowboys" when you finally get to clash swords with that handsome man of mystery, Henry, every song has its place. The soundtrack was definitely one of the things that I loved about No More Heroes. So imagine my surprise when I go to play No More Heroes 2 and find that even the music has been taken to a new level! Every song is a pleasant and unique romp. Sparking a strange sense of innocence during "Dose of Innocence" and making you feel dread while listening to "Subuta.2." The music in this game is superb, simply superb. It can only be described as a masterpiece. My only complaint about the music is that one of the tracks is recycled for one of the boss fights. But the song re-used is one that I rather like, so no complaints here. Alongside the music, the games sounds and voice acting are just wonderful. The sounds that Travis's Beam Katanas make as they cut through the bad guys are simply amazing and keep you wanting more. Not to say that those are the only sounds that are good of course. Everything has its place here and even the ridiculous things like the Bizarre Jelly mini-game sound great. Overall, if the Soundtrack in No More Heroes was good then the unique and often energizing tunes of No More Heroes 2 could only be described as art.

But graphics and sound only go so far. The real test of any game is how it plays. The controls and the responsiveness of the game. So how does this game stack up? Put simply, it's one of the best controlled games on the Wii. No More Heroes is already a very well controlled game. Taking the same formula and simply building upon it, the game's controls are responsive and intuitive. I had no trouble with the fighting or the games many lovely pixelated 8-bit throwback mini-games. If I was having trouble, it was because I was doing something wrong or not doing it fast enough in a few cases. Once again, I do have a minor gripe though. The dodge rolls feel a little sluggish at times, but that may very well be an issue of the environment I was in at the time or perhaps my own timing of my dodges. Also, before I close this section, allow me to say that this game can be played with the usual Wii Remote and Nunchuk or with the Classic Controller. I have only played the game with the Wii Remote and Nunchuk and that is what I recommend. I don't personally know how the Classic Controller handles the game but I would be willing to say from what I have read and what my friends have told me, it's not so good.

In the end, all I can say is that this game is a masterpiece. The bad advice that I received about this series is simply unfounded. This disc contains some of the most fun I've had with a game in a long time. With modern game developers so afraid to take a tip-toe outside of the metaphorical box nowadays it's good to see a game with some personality and flair. No More Heroes and its amazing sequel are just that. Style, flash, personality, and fun all wrapped up in a nice, bloody little package. To be sure, this game and its part one are very adult themed. Blood, cursing, and sexual reference are everywhere in these two games. If that's not what you're looking for then this likely isn't for you. If the adult themes don't bother you at all then strap yourself in and prepare for one heck of a good time! If I could only use one word to describe the No More Heroes series it would be this: Sublime.
on February 13, 2013
No More Heroes 2 is a significant improvement over the first game in every sense of the word. The additional option to use the classic controller pro was what hooked me. You're not gonna want to use motion controls ever again in No More Heroes after you've tasted how sweet the CCP handles. Graphically speaking, NMH2 blows it's predecessor clear out of the water. There's no comparison. The graphics are clearer, crisper, way more detailed, a lot of motion detail to clothes & "other good things", and even Travis himself looks cooler. They added a nice little mini sim including Travis' cat, Jean, which I really dig. You have to take care of her & help her lose weight, while staying happy. The characters and bosses this time around are even more over-the-top than last time, and you'll even be fighting in a zord like in the Power Rangers lol. Everything was done well. The slow downs that occurred in the first NMH has been significantly cut down to almost zero.

In terms of story, it's just as good as the last, but you're gonna wanna make sure to complete the first game first, despite what they tell you in the beginning of this game lol, since the story actually DOES make a connection. The katana's are better, the combos are better, you get to carry ALL your katanas on you (which you actually see, & they move shake etc when you move, pretty life-like) & you can switch between any one you want in the middle of battle instead of having to go back to the Motel like in part 1. This literally adds depth and strategy to the game as you'll be able to get through bosses easier depending on which katana you fight them with. It can either help you, or be the reason you die lol.

The mini games are WAAAAAAY more fun this time around, even though they're in 8-bit graphics. They are perfect just the way they are and hit us older gamers with a sense of nostalgia. Training is kinda tougher this time around but worth it so bring your A game. The only thing missing from this game is the ability to drive around Santa Destroy freely, which I don't actually miss. You are able to access all your jobs etc faster without the meaningless drives. If the previous world map were done better & with less slow downs & glitches, I might have missed it, but because it was done so poorly I like the new layout a lot more. Another big thing to mention is that you're going to be playing with more than just Travis this time around. I won't give any spoilers but let me just say that you'll get to take some really cool assassins out on missions, with their own boss fights etc, which is VERY, VERY cool. All in all this is a wonderful, fun adult themed game. Anyone who likes mature content, extreme violence & good comedy should pick this up