Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Movember Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now Tikes

on March 2, 2008
As a lifetime member of Weight Watchers, I know that a pan of brownies in the house can easily lead to a pan of brownies in my belly. What I love about No Pudge is that you can make a single serving. Directions are on the box. I mix two tablespoons of my favorite lowfat yogurt (the BEST is Axelrod black cherry - which makes this a Black Forest brownie) with 1/4 cup No Pudge mix and pop it in the micro for two minutes. This is a double brownie. The single brownie is too dinkie to satisfy me. Then I slather the rest of the yogurt over the brownie. The creamy yogurt mixes through the chewy brownie and is my hands down favorite send my belly to bed happy nighttime snack. 5 weight watchers points with the double serving and yogurt.
VINE VOICEon February 19, 2007
Trader Joe's has been carrying the No Pudge Brownie mixes for over a decade and it's not unusual to see customers buying them by the case. At the current price of $15.55 for 6 that makes them $2.59 a pack if you have Amazon prime or use Super Saver Free shipping and that's not a bad deal. What mnakes these brownies so popular is that all you have to add is yogurt. I add Vanilla Nonfat yogurt and sometimes I'll toss in two tablespoons of instant coffee of espresso powder to jazz them up. You don't need butter or eggs - just the yogurt. Once you do that, you stir 'em up, pour 'em in the pan and in no time you have delicious brownies! They aren't as ooey-gooey as some mixes but that's what I like about them. They also aren't cloyingly sweet. They are simply a nice, fudgey brownie that you don't have to feel too guilty about eating. I always keep a couple packages in the pantry to whip up for unexpected company or for whenever that chocolate craving hits you out of nowhere. The best thing about No Pudge Fudge Brownies is that they are easy to mix, quick to cook and they always come out to be the same good and fudgey brownie you are longing for. Keep some on hand at all times!
on March 2, 2008
I don't typically buy foods that are advertised as non-fat for precisely the reasons that a previous reviewer mentioned--they're gummy, barely taste like what they're supposed to taste like, and just generally disgusting. I also don't like fat-free foods because of all the chemicals and added sugar that usually goes into them to give them something resembling their full-fat texture.

This product really is different from all those other fat-free products, though, and I genuinely enjoy it. The ingredients are all things I typically would keep in my cupboard without feeling the need for a biohazard sticker on the door (if only I had time to bake).

The fact that one can make an easy single-serving brownie in the microwave is an added bonus for all of us who don't live with a big family of people who will eat our homemade creations, or who simply don't have time to make a pan of homemade brownies. I concede that these are not as good as a gourmet fudge brownie, but they are precisely what I'd hoped they'd be when I got them: yummy, quick, easy, economical, and above all chocolatey.

My favorite serving suggestion: drop a few chocolate chips in the cup before putting them in to bake.
VINE VOICEon August 8, 2008
My husband and I are crazy about these brownies! They are fresh and ready to eat in no time at all with a chewy, gooey, chocolate-y flavor. I like to add a scoop of Frozen Cherry Yogurt to the top of the still-warm brownie.

Did I tell you how easy they are to mix-up? The package is complete. You just add some yogurt. And the best's easy to just mix enough for a couple of brownies and then pop them in the microwave. That's if you don't want to mix up (and probably eat) the whole pan at once.

I also like the packaging for these. The boxes stand up easily in my pantry and because of the hot pink color they are always very easy to find. These are a wonderful treat that you really don't have to feel bad about enjoying. I give them 4 stars only because I think they are a bit pricey...but then, as we all know, usually you get what you pay for. Recommended!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 7, 2007
Although they aren't that great in the calorie department compared to other full fat brands, they are a tasty alternative if you are counting fat grams.
on June 3, 2007
These brownies really taste like brownies and they dont wreck your diet if you dont eat the whole box at a sitting! I make them in the mini muffin tins and put 2-3 at a time in zip lock baggies to help me to enjoy them in moderation. Brownies are my favorite chocolate snack food and these are very sweet, chewy and satisfy my chocolate cravings.
on October 12, 2010
It was 11 pm on a Monday. Someone sent me an e-mail detailing the waffles and berry sauce she was going to prepare for a weekend brunch. My mouth began to water just as I was getting ready to head to bed. Darn it!

A subletter in my student apartment had left No Pudge brownie mix in my cabinet, and when I came back from the summer break, I almost threw out the box when I saw it. I typically don't buy anything low-fat or non-fat, as I prefer to recognize the ingredients in whatever food I purchase and eat. (The "everything in moderation" motto of my 88-year-old grandmother has worn off. For my healthy under-30-year-old self, a little butter is fine in a fruit and veggie-rich diet short on processed foods.)

Anyway, there was nothing around to satisfy my sudden must-have-chocolate attack. The pink box called out to me from the back of the cabinet, and I winced. No Ghirardelli in sight. Low-fat chocolate? Well, if I must. I figured the brownies would be horrible but satisfy a craving, and that I could then pitch the rest of the pan.

Not the case! The craving hit at 10:55 pm, and I was cutting the brownies (having added *regular* Brown Cow plain yogurt with a tsp+ of natural vanilla) at 11:40. They were really good warm. The next day, completely cooled, they were even better! I actually think that that chocolate taste of these is much better than any brownie mix I've ever encountered. With the yogurt I used, the consistency was more cake-like than chewy, but I'll deal with that minor shortcoming. These were awesome, and I'll be buying a supply of my own!
on January 22, 2008
These are by far the best fat-free desert out there! I am a pleased to say we order these cases two at a time! My kids love to make them,and take them to school. No pudge rocks!!
on January 19, 2009
No Pudge Fudge fat free brownie mix is simply the best brownie mix I have ever been fortunate enough to discover. I loved it so much I bought a case of it! No one carries it where I live. I actually discovered it at a great store called Wildberries in Arcata Ca, where my daughter is attending Humboldt State University.

This mix is so fudgy, chewy and rich tasting but with no fat. All you add is vanilla and some yougert. The ingredient list is short and full of real foods, no preservatives, junk, high fructose corn syrup, nada!!

If I met this woman I would squish her with hugs. I have to only make them once in a while but I am a good girl, I only eat one a day.
The last batch I made into mini cupcakes and they were the bomb! I add crushed walnuts, hazelnuts and some sunflower seeds to mine.
I will buy these until they no longer make them and that better be when I am gone from this great planet!!
You can't go wrong with this mix. I am also going to try the other flavors but I love mint the best.
I am a brownie lover and these are the best ever.They are better than homemade!
on January 23, 2012
I am pregnant and so far went from 120lbs to 150lbs with 3-5 weeks left. I wanted something natural yet satisfying and sweet to help get me thru without going overboard. No pudge did the trick! They are not identical to full fat brownies, but pretty close. My husband eats them but compared them to a kid cuisine brownie. I think they are much better than that and with only 100 calories and being natural, they are great!