Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

100%

on April 16, 2012
I must say that just from this single I can tell Manson is making a huge comeback from his past two albums, which frankly weren't so hot. The whole album will be a top-seller and definitly worth our time. There is no doubt in my mind that Manson is coming back fully loaded. Also, the recently released music video is very artistically dark...clasic Manson!!!

WARNING: THIS SONG IS EXTREMELY ADDICTIVE.
22 comments3 of 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 3, 2012
"No Reflection" is an amazing song that shows that Manson's still great at what he does. Manson, Twiggy, Vrenna and Sablan have crafted a track that practically defines Marilyn Manson. Different aspects of the song remind me of most of his past work combined in one song (which is hard to think is possible) while still sounding sort of new.

Chugging, catchy guitar rifts make the song resemble "Disposable Teens", "Rock Is Dead [Explicit]", even "The Beautiful People", "Mutilation Is The Most Sincere Form Of Flattery [Explicit]" and "We're From America [Explicit]". Slight electronics from keyboards bring Mechanical Animals [Explicit] and The Golden Age Of Grotesque [Explicit] to mind as well as some of The High End Of Low [Explicit]. Lighter, piercing solo at the end of the song resembles old Manson like Portrait Of An American Family [Explicit]. Manson's grunts and snarls sound more from Antichrist Superstar [Explicit] or Holy Wood (In The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death) [Explicit] while some of his more melodic moments remind me of Mechanical Animals or Eat Me, Drink Me [Explicit].

All this considered, I think it's a newer sound that I think will make more sense once the rest of the album is released. Manson's albums always vary as they're played through (some more than others) and one can only view a new single from him as a glimpse more than an indication of a new direction. But from what this song lets us glimpse I feel his new direction should be amazing. I feel like he's giving fans what they want while being new and, as always, interesting.
on April 5, 2012
I have been a fan since portrait and there have been my favs(antichrist) and lows but if this is a taste from the creative chalice of the new album I am eagerly awaiting more.
on November 7, 2012
I was a manson fan for years. I rocked out to Portrait of an American Family when I was 12 years old. The past decade for Manson has been disappointing. This song and the Born Villain CD reverses a decade of disappointing music by Manson.
on April 4, 2012
i love this song i cant stop playing it manson rocks cant wait for the cd to come out already have it ordered
on March 24, 2012
I'll be 40 this month so I've been following Manson for years. I never get tired of his music and really can't get enough. My boyfriend will be 25 next month and worships Manson as god. 'Nuff said.
0Comment4 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse