Buying Alaska 3 Seasons 2013
Amazon Instant Video
1. Snow Machines & Bear Attacks Newlyweds Garret and Noelle want a remote home in the Alaskan wilderness that's so off-the-grid, there's no road leading to it. In the winter, they'll have to travel by snow-machine. But with living in the woods comes the danger of bear attacks!
2. Baby on Board Matt and Jessica have a new baby. They want to move into a new home near the ocean around Juneau, Alaska, but waterfront homes are too expensive. They choose a daring option - to live ON the water...In a live-aboard boat!
3. Isolated Village Sean and Jolene want a home in the isolated Alaskan village of Gustavus, where the wildlife runs rampant. There are no roads in or out of town and it's so remote that bears can walk into your house!
4. Ruff-ing It Pete and Anja Radano want to buy an Alaskan home that's right for them and their 21 dogs. The couple are dog mushers and they care more about making their Alaskan Huskies comfortable than they do about themselves.
5. Winter Wanderland As winter hits Alaska, Jason and Alana look for a home built to withstand the harsh snows of the mountainous Mat-Su Valley. Will they take a cabin decorated with animal heads? A rare home with a moose for a neighbor? Or one that doesn't even have a roof?
6. Hooked on a Lake Life on an Alaskan lake is what Steve and Peg want, in the wilderness of the Mat-Su Valley. It's a secluded place where, even in the long, harsh Alaskan winters, fish teem beneath the frozen ice, ready to be caught for dinner.
7. Mrs. Alaska & Military Man Pat Harrigan is a soldier, newly stationed at the army base in Fairbanks, Alaska. His wife Rocky just won the crown as the current Mrs. Alaska, but she's a city girl at heart. They need to buy a house, but can this beauty queen cope with the rugged Alaska
8. Fish Out of Water Grant and Khrissy just got engaged. He's all-Alaskan but she's a fish out of water from the Deep South. Now, roughing it Alaskan-style is giving Khrissy major culture shock so the couple wants to buy a house that's a mix of the Alaska and Alabama.
9. Outhouse Life Sean and Charlotte want a home in Fairbanks, Alaska, that won't cost them a penny in utility bills. So they're going off-the-grid. And that means one thing...there'll be no bathrooms...just an outhouse!
10. Hangar Homes Born and bred Alaskans, Andy and Nicole, grew up in a town so remote, their family vehicles were airplanes! Now that they're looking for a new home, a driveway and garage won't cut it. They need a house with an airplane hangar and a runway.
11. Remote Coves Charlie and Toni are outdoor adventure junkies who want a home in Alaska that's so remote they can catch their next meal from the ocean right off their front porch. They search for houses hidden in the secluded coves of Alaska's Kachemak Bay.
12. Homer Bound Nathan and Lindsay are brand new to the Last Frontier of Alaska. They want a house like where Nathan's pioneer grandfather lived, in the bayside town of Homer, surrounded by the great outdoors. But roughing it comes with a new way of life that they might
13. Life on a Mountain Russ and Dana search for a home in a small mountain town in Alaska where the views are spectacular, the area is prime for outdoor adventures, but life can change at any moment from the danger of an avalanche.
14. Guys Getaway David Parks and Chris Erickson are best friends. And they're also professional handymen. They want to buy a weekend getaway house in the wilds of Alaska, but they don't want to spend a lot of money.
15. Juneau Waterfront Chris and Heidi are marine adventurers who want Alaska's marine wildlife to be right outside their front door. They want to buy a home on the coveted waterfront of the oceanside city of Juneau.
16. Tiny Homes, Big Mountain Pete and Martha have lived and worked in some of the wildest locations in the U.S. Now they're in the untamed last frontier of Alaska and want an isolated home with views of the tallest peak in North America - Mount McKinley.
17. Dollars or Drains Texas native Colby wants an affordable home, but he's in for a shock because, in Alaska, that means a dry cabin with no running water. He doesn't know anything about life without plumbing so he enlists the help of his friend.
18. Dangerous Trails Brandon and Hanna want a home on an isolated lake far into the Alaskan wild, where there's no way in but off-roading through trails of mud or landing on water. There's no running water and wild animals are everywhere.
19. No Roads In Dave and Wendy want a remote cabin where they can escape to the Alaskan frontier way of life. They're in search of a place so hidden that the only way there is by off-road vehicle and no outhouse is safe from hungry bears.
20. Jaws, Claws, and Beaver Fever Shane and Erica want a home in the Alaskan wild, where it's so remote, the only way in is by a monster 8-wheeler. Homeowners beware! Bears attack the properties and beavers infect the drinking water with a painful disease.
Fun show since we're from Fairbanks. Actually, we bought mainly the shows that involved housing in Fairbanks. But they do a good job of representing the conditions really well.Published 10 days ago by Karen