on April 17, 2012
I bought one of these when I picked up two of the no-spill cans at my local hardware store. While they are useful and work just fine, they are definitely too short for many applications. And the hose is a soft plastic, so it will kink if bent too far. That's the trade-off for having a flexible plastic hose.

After purchasing my first extension, I contacted NoSpill to see if they offered (or could make/cut me) a longer hose. They were very nice, but admitted they have an outside vendor make the extensions and couldn't accommodate any changes. Next, I shopped around all the local hardware stores and even a few plastic speciality stores and never found a hose I thought would work. The few that I found that were the correct diameter did not appear to be gas-safe. Then I realized the plastic plug could be used to daisy-chain two or more together (I'll post a pic). Now I have three (two for Amazon) and I'm looking forward to not having to hold my five-gallon tanks while filling various toys.

Anyone that's complaining about paying $6.79 for this should go find them at their local hardware store. I think I paid $12 for one locally. Get a Amazon Prime account and these have free two-day shipping. Besides, this is made in the USA. Support your fellow American.
review image
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 6, 2010
I own this and added to my no-spill fuel cans. I've updated this review after using it for two years.

Pro:
+ Quick and easy to add on (press fit)
+ Transparent tube to see fluid
+ Comes with a simple cap to keep dirt out of the line
+ Still very good two years later

Con:
- A little short and rigid to go where I want it to

Bottom line: Recommended. A must have, although I'd prefer (buy) one that's 2-3 inches longer.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 29, 2010
This extension just slides on the nose of the spout...sort'a press fit. It can be removed and used to switch to other gas cans (same brand) if you don't slide it on too far...it can still be removed, but takes more effort. The automatic stop function still works, but keep in mind there's about 20ml of gas still in the tube.
on November 30, 2011
Vastly overpriced for an 8" piece of semi-rigid tubing with a cap. This 8" long tube is fairly rigid, will not retain any bend (it springs back to straight) and can't be bent very far before it starts to kink. There are no valves or anything else that makes this short piece of tubing special. It comes with a cap that you don't really need.

The description of this simple product is mind boggling and seems designed to obfuscate what you are buying. What you are purchasing is an 8" long tube with a cap that happens to fit on the spout of a "No-Spill" brand gas can. Once this tube is slipped onto your "No-Spill" gas can it becomes a 6" extension. BTW - do not assume this short piece of tubing fits any other brand of gas cans!

BE AWARE -- this product can NOT BE RETURNED, under any circumstances, even when purchased directly from Amazon. The reason - which I discovered only after the fact is this short piece of tubing was designed to handle a hazardous material (gasoline) and even if it never left its rigid bubble packaging - Amazon states it can not be returned. THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN CLEARLY STATED on the ordering page and not discovered only after purchase!

While I love Amazon - when a product can't be returned - Amazon needs to state that fact up front. I wanted to return this product simply to send Amazon a message that there was a problem with this product and more importantly - its description. I spend thousands of dollars a year at Amazon and their customer service is great - certainly the best on the internet!!! This is a very rare exception to Amazon's customer friendly policies. I could care less about the $6.00 I spent on this product but Amazon creates unusually high expectations from their customers and in this case they fell short.

Without this extension tube I'd say it would be near impossible to pour gasoline into your typical car. The short spout on the "no spill" gas can seems just too short. Had this tube been included with the "no spill" gas can and if it had an internal spring to prevent it from collapsing - the "no spill" gas can would been a true 5 star winner.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 2, 2011
Background - I have now purchased five of the cans becasue the can is, in my humble opinion, excellent (see my review of the 5 Gallon can) BUT this item is overpriced and should be included when you purchase the gas can.

Out of box - Everything was assembled and ready for attachment to the gas can.

Quality - Adequate, but the tubes I have are not all cut exactly straight. They all fit and work fine, but for the price you would expect precision. The tubing is semi-opaque, semi-flexible, and a tip and cap were included. (Minus 1/2 star).

Assembly - The fit was snug, which is good, but almost too snug. I got the strong impression that this was some standard fuel tubing that they buy and cut in bulk at a 25 cents a foot and stick a 25 cent nozzle on.

Use - It is a little too rigid and does not retain a shape. Basically, it just adds another straight section to your already straight nozzle. (Minus 1/2 Star). It works as advertised and did not change the characteristics of the automatic shut-off.

VALUE - This is my real complaint, so I took of a WHOLE STAR. This item should be included with the gas cans, which are already not inexpensive, or add features (such as the ability to bend into a shape for difficult fueling situations).

Summary - For what I am fueling, I need the extension. It is adequate and does the job, but is nothing special. This is too bad, becasue I really like the gas can and the unique fill valve.

Recommendation - If you need a longer fuel nozzle for your no-spill can, this will work, so I would purchase it again and recommenced it with the caveat that it is over-priced for what you are getting.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 30, 2012
I was one of the early adopters of this extension, having used it when it was introduced in 2005.

While it is OK, a chep $1 funnel widely avialble at WalMart, Lowe's, Home Depot or any auto parts store works better. Amazon sells one;

The funnel easily holds open the spring loaded "trap door" and fits into the narrow filler neck of the car's gas tank.

Just be careful not to overfill the funnel, and carefully give the funnel to drain.

The thumb button on the No-Spill makes the flow easy to control, since the funnel stays in place and leaves your hands free.
on December 29, 2012
Cannot use the gas can for the car without it, but it can disconnect from the can while pouring and cause a spill, if you begin to pull it out without first releasing the green button and allowing the nozzle to drain completely before removing from you gas tank.
on September 22, 2014
Works when you first attach to "No-Spill 6131 Gas Can Nozzle Assembly"; however, if a small amount of gasoline gets in-between the hose and where the nozzle overlap, the extension can slide off. In my case, it fell inside the fill line for a jet-ski. I've since added some zip-ties to make sure it stays on.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I bought this Flexible Spout to go with a new no spill gas can I purchased on Amazon. The spout is made of flexible tubing and fits perfectly on the nozzle of my gas can. Since I am a pouring klutz this nozzle gives me the added little something I needed . Handy little item.
on January 17, 2014
I have been using this spout for several years to add fuel to my Ford Ranger. I have been using it on a No-Spill gas can and the performance has been more than satisfactory. Of course, as others have stated, the tubing is too short but it was the plastic piece that prevents the gas from spilling that's most important. It forms a seal around the nozzle hole to keep gas from spilling out if I'm pouring faster than the tank can accept fuel. To solve the shortness issue, I bought a longer piece of tubing at a hardware store and while it has discolored and stiffened somewhat, it still works fine. It's important too that the tube is clear so you can see when the fuel has backed up so you can stop pouring.

I'll be using this with an Eagle 5 gallon gas can (U2-51-S-Galvanized) that I got from Amazon because the 12" spout is too short and the 8" extension should give me the necessary added length to fully tip the can without contacting the vehicle. If it doesn't, it's another trip to the hardware store. Whether I have to do this is unimportant, it's the safety and ease of transferring a very dangerous substance safely that matters most.

It should be noted that a lot of the naysayers on this product appear not to have considered the issue thoroughly. While it would be nice if the spout came with a longer tube (16" is my opinion), it's the fitting that seals the gas from spilling that's important. I do not think that this part can be easily duplicated and the cap is important to keep any gas still in the hose after the fuel transfer and the attendant gas fumes contained to avoid a potentially explosive environment in the trunk.