5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy - Must Have
I own this and added to my no-spill fuel cans. I've updated this review after using it for two years.

Pro:
+ Quick and easy to add on (press fit)
+ Transparent tube to see fluid
+ Comes with a simple cap to keep dirt out of the line
+ Still very good two years later

Con:
- A little short and rigid to go where I want it...
Published on February 6, 2010 by M and K

Vastly overpriced for an 8" piece of semi-rigid tubing with a cap. This 8" long tube is fairly rigid, will not retain any bend (it springs back to straight) and can't be bent very far before it starts to kink. There are no valves or anything else that makes this short piece of tubing special. It comes with a cap that you don't really need.

The description of...
Published on November 30, 2011 by JustAnotherEngineer

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy - Must Have, February 6, 2010
This review is from: No-Spill 206 Flexible Spout Extension (Lawn & Patio)

Pro:
+ Quick and easy to add on (press fit)
+ Transparent tube to see fluid
+ Comes with a simple cap to keep dirt out of the line
+ Still very good two years later

Con:
- A little short and rigid to go where I want it to

Bottom line: Recommended. A must have, although I'd prefer (buy) one that's 2-3 inches longer.

1.0 out of 5 stars $5.00 to $8.00 for an 8 inch piece of semi-rigid tubing is ridiculous. It barely bends before it kinks. Can't be Returned, November 30, 2011
This review is from: No-Spill 206 Flexible Spout Extension (Lawn & Patio)

The description of this simple product is mind boggling and seems designed to obfuscate what you are buying. What you are purchasing is an 8" long tube with a cap that happens to fit on the spout of a "No-Spill" brand gas can. Once this tube is slipped onto your "No-Spill" gas can it becomes a 6" extension. BTW - do not assume this short piece of tubing fits any other brand of gas cans!

BE AWARE -- this product can NOT BE RETURNED, under any circumstances, even when purchased directly from Amazon. The reason - which I discovered only after the fact is this short piece of tubing was designed to handle a hazardous material (gasoline) and even if it never left its rigid bubble packaging - Amazon states it can not be returned. THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN CLEARLY STATED on the ordering page and not discovered only after purchase!

While I love Amazon - when a product can't be returned - Amazon needs to state that fact up front. I wanted to return this product simply to send Amazon a message that there was a problem with this product and more importantly - its description. I spend thousands of dollars a year at Amazon and their customer service is great - certainly the best on the internet!!! This is a very rare exception to Amazon's customer friendly policies. I could care less about the $6.00 I spent on this product but Amazon creates unusually high expectations from their customers and in this case they fell short.

Without this extension tube I'd say it would be near impossible to pour gasoline into your typical car. The short spout on the "no spill" gas can seems just too short. Had this tube been included with the "no spill" gas can and if it had an internal spring to prevent it from collapsing - the "no spill" gas can would been a true 5 star winner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works pretty good, November 29, 2010
This review is from: No-Spill 206 Flexible Spout Extension (Lawn & Patio)
This extension just slides on the nose of the spout...sort'a press fit. It can be removed and used to switch to other gas cans (same brand) if you don't slide it on too far...it can still be removed, but takes more effort. The automatic stop function still works, but keep in mind there's about 20ml of gas still in the tube.

3.0 out of 5 stars This is overpriced and should be included with the can!, September 2, 2011
Robert "Flightdog" (New Hope, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: No-Spill 206 Flexible Spout Extension (Lawn & Patio)
Background - I have now purchased five of the cans becasue the can is, in my humble opinion, excellent (see my review of the 5 Gallon can) BUT this item is overpriced and should be included when you purchase the gas can.

Out of box - Everything was assembled and ready for attachment to the gas can.

Quality - Adequate, but the tubes I have are not all cut exactly straight. They all fit and work fine, but for the price you would expect precision. The tubing is semi-opaque, semi-flexible, and a tip and cap were included. (Minus 1/2 star).

Assembly - The fit was snug, which is good, but almost too snug. I got the strong impression that this was some standard fuel tubing that they buy and cut in bulk at a 25 cents a foot and stick a 25 cent nozzle on.

Use - It is a little too rigid and does not retain a shape. Basically, it just adds another straight section to your already straight nozzle. (Minus 1/2 Star). It works as advertised and did not change the characteristics of the automatic shut-off.

VALUE - This is my real complaint, so I took of a WHOLE STAR. This item should be included with the gas cans, which are already not inexpensive, or add features (such as the ability to bend into a shape for difficult fueling situations).

Summary - For what I am fueling, I need the extension. It is adequate and does the job, but is nothing special. This is too bad, becasue I really like the gas can and the unique fill valve.

Recommendation - If you need a longer fuel nozzle for your no-spill can, this will work, so I would purchase it again and recommenced it with the caveat that it is over-priced for what you are getting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, April 17, 2012
This review is from: No-Spill 206 Flexible Spout Extension (Lawn & Patio)
I bought one of these when I picked up two of the no-spill cans at my local hardware store. While they are useful and work just fine, they are definitely too short for many applications. And the hose is a soft plastic, so it will kink if bent too far. That's the trade-off for having a flexible plastic hose.

After purchasing my first extension, I contacted NoSpill to see if they offered (or could make/cut me) a longer hose. They were very nice, but admitted they have an outside vendor make the extensions and couldn't accommodate any changes. Next, I shopped around all the local hardware stores and even a few plastic speciality stores and never found a hose I thought would work. The few that I found that were the correct diameter did not appear to be gas-safe. Then I realized the plastic plug could be used to daisy-chain two or more together (I'll post a pic). Now I have three (two for Amazon) and I'm looking forward to not having to hold my five-gallon tanks while filling various toys.

Anyone that's complaining about paying $6.79 for this should go find them at their local hardware store. I think I paid $12 for one locally. Get a Amazon Prime account and these have free two-day shipping. Besides, this is made in the USA. Support your fellow American.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money.......use a $1 long tapered funnel...., October 30, 2012
This review is from: No-Spill 206 Flexible Spout Extension (Lawn & Patio)
I was one of the early adopters of this extension, having used it when it was introduced in 2005.

While it is OK, a chep $1 funnel widely avialble at WalMart, Lowe's, Home Depot or any auto parts store works better. Amazon sells one;

The funnel easily holds open the spring loaded "trap door" and fits into the narrow filler neck of the car's gas tank.

Just be careful not to overfill the funnel, and carefully give the funnel to drain.

The thumb button on the No-Spill makes the flow easy to control, since the funnel stays in place and leaves your hands free.

3.0 out of 5 stars Highly overpriced .50 cent item!, August 19, 2011
This review is from: No-Spill 206 Flexible Spout Extension (Lawn & Patio)
Of course it works and it's functional, but it never ceases to amaze me how people can get away with charging multiple dollars for items that only cost .50 cents. Supply and demand, what can I say other than ... IT SUCKS.

3.0 out of 5 stars Essential, but disconnects too easily, December 29, 2012
This review is from: No-Spill 206 Flexible Spout Extension (Lawn & Patio)
Cannot use the gas can for the car without it, but it can disconnect from the can while pouring and cause a spill, if you begin to pull it out without first releasing the green button and allowing the nozzle to drain completely before removing from you gas tank.

5.0 out of 5 stars NO SPILL 206 6-INCH FLEXIBLE GAS CAN SPOUT EXTENSION, December 16, 2012
This review is from: No-Spill 206 Flexible Spout Extension (Lawn & Patio)
GREAT FOR FILLING HARD TO REACH TANKS.WILL NOT KINK AND GOES BACK TO BEING STRAIGHT. A MUST HAVE ADD ON.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, December 3, 2013
This review is from: No-Spill 206 Flexible Spout Extension (Lawn & Patio)
Once it's on, you can't get it off, so be careful there (actually I did finally get it off, but don't expect you'll be able to do the same.)

No-Spill 206 Flexible Spout Extension