5.0 out of 5 stars The Best of Larry in 365 short passages
Published on September 30, 2009 by Alain B. Burrese

3.0 out of 5 stars Some is it is great... some not so much
I have a mixed opinion about this book as some of the days seemed really forced. However, I do like the style and think he's on to something.
Published 22 months ago by Tom L

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best of Larry in 365 short passages, September 30, 2009
"No Time For Tact: 365 Days of the Wit, Words, and Wisdom of Larry Winget" is a sort of greatest hits from the Pitbull of Personal Development. The book goes from January 1st through December 31st with one thought per day. In the note from Larry at the beginning, he confesses that he really likes books that cover a variety of topics and that have one thought per page and daily readings. So he's happy that he wrote one, and if you enjoy Winget's direct, no-nonsense style, you'll be happy too.

Winget himself considers this a "Best of Larry" type book. So if you have read all of his other books, you will be familiar with the contents of this one. The advice is just formatted different. If you haven't read any of Winget's books, this one will give you a very good idea of what he and his advice are like.

Some days have very short and direct messages, like the message on January 2, "Expect the best. Be prepared for the worst. Celebrate it all!" Other passages, such as on January 3, fill up two pages. (None of the 365 lessons are longer than two pages.)

I've read all of Winget's books, and I really like his message on achieving your full potential and personal responsibility. I also really enjoy quote books, and daily message books. With that said, I obviously enjoyed "No Time For Tact." I didn't take a year to read it, but read it straight through over a period of a few days. It was fun and motivating to read. I see myself keeping it handy to pick up and read the day's lesson, and maybe a few more periodically. Not sure if I'll read it every day, but I'll definitely look to this book for jolts of motivation and common sense once in a while.

If you're a Winget fan and want short doses of his wisdom in this style of book, you'll enjoy it. If you are not familiar with Winget, this would be a good place to start. If you don't like him, you won't like this book and most likely won't like this review. I bought it, read it, enjoyed it, and will read it again.

Reviewed by Alain Burrese, J.D., author of Hard-Won Wisdom From the School of Hard Knocks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Complete yet concise, October 19, 2009
I have to admit that I have read most of Larry Winget's books. Some people think that he sells books based purely on his style. I really enjoy his actual content & this book distills his stuff down to the essentials. If you've never read his stuff this is will give you a great idea of what his books are like. Brutally honest, tough but fair, & blunt are what you will find in this book. I go day by day with this book & usually read that day's page first thing in the morning. Sometimes it makes me think, sometimes it makes me laugh, sometimes I want to say "hell yeah" after reading that page for the day. Better than most of the 365 day calenders you'll see.

5.0 out of 5 stars A deal is a deal!, December 5, 2009
J. Lach (Milwaukee, WI USA) - See all my reviews
Once you read or hear the things that Larry Winget has to say, you'll understand. Larry isn't a miracle worker, and he's not selling magic dust. What he does have is a straight ahead and truthfully direct approach to helping you get your priorities in line and your head out of your @ss. I recommend buying all of Larry's books! Once you buy one, you're going to want them all anyway.

3.0 out of 5 stars Some is it is great... some not so much, February 15, 2013
This review is from: No Time for Tact: 365 Days of the Wit, Words, and Wisdom of Larry Winget (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars No Time For Tact, March 11, 2012
This is a very good read. While the author is a bit blunt, I would have to agree with most of his opinions. It has good information for those who like to blame everyone else for their own deficiencies. It is a "take charge of your own future" book.

5.0 out of 5 stars a must have, June 26, 2011
Everyone should have, if not one, but all of Larry Winget's books...he's amazing. Hits the nail ont he head everytime and with humor too.

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST of LARRY!, January 31, 2010
This is a must BUY for ALL! This book encompasses ALL the Larry Winget quotes and ideas used in all his books into a handy 365 days a quote a day book! Simply SPECTACULAR! I Love It...

"If there is nothing going wrong in your life, there is nothing going on in your life." ~ Larry Winget

5.0 out of 5 stars Your Daily Bite from The Pitbull of Personal Development, August 29, 2009
Larry Winget has written the best self-help book for people who think they don't have enough time to read. It is a daily bite from The Pitbull of Personal Development. It isn't fluff about positive thinking and affirmations like some other motivational books. Larry makes you really think about what is wrong with your life and helps you see that you are the source of your problems. That is why he is The World's Only Irritational Speaker. He then tells you what you need know in order to fix your problems at work and at home. Whether you read a page a day, or read it all at once, it is a must read for everyone who needs a good kick in the butt.

5.0 out of 5 stars THANKS...I NEEDED THAT!, August 27, 2009
OK....here's my take on "No Time For Tact". Remember the old "Aqua Velva" commercial where the guy gets slapped and then says, "Thanks,I needed that!" I've added this book to my bathroom reading material....In the morning when I stumble in half awake and less than motivated to start the day....I look in the mirror and splash on my quote for the day!
I think I'll buy one to put in the guest bathroom too....better yet....I'll buy one for my negative, victimized neighbor! Ahhhhh..thanks Larry....I needed that!

Tommy Greene
Sacramento, California

5.0 out of 5 stars The real Deal, August 28, 2009
Larry Winget does it again. He has become one of my all time favorite inspiration speakers and authors. I force his stuff on my employees and they love it. This book is an awesome read for those of us who don't like it sugar coated. A great gift for me Dad...and me. A must have...like all of Larry's reads...Love him!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›