Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on February 13, 2012
My twin daughters received this book as a Christmas present and while it is a wonderful book in the abstract, it is simply outstanding for twins, especially identical twins. The pictures are gorgeous, with beautifully done winter landscapes and fun creatures populating every page. The message is where this book really shines though.

"Almost, almost, but not quite." The story of the two similar-looking birds as they explore their winter-y world is filled with educational fun. They 'meet' snowflakes, trees, and other denizens of their forest home. This is a perfect book for twins in that it highlights that even though they look so similar (especially useful for same-gender twins, though I suspect it is also a nice book for any pair, or more!) they have differences. It is a nice way to talk to your twins about their special similarity and also their defining individuality.

This is an excellent book to have as part of a library of books for your kids. I additionally (in particular) highly recommend it for any parents of twins!
on December 17, 2011
Even though this book has few, simple words, the truths are profound. The pictures are adorable, and the more you look at them, the more you see! I bought this for my grandchildren (triplets who are 4 years old) when we were going to have "Snow" as our holiday theme. But, surprisingly, even their older brother who is nine, liked the book! Makes you think about how everyone and everything is unique!
on June 19, 2012
This book is about birds, birdhouses, and things not being alike. I think other kids would enjoy it because it's so cute. My favorite parts were the birds. This book is special because of the pictures of the cute birds.

I also like the story about things being alike and different.

Kids age 1 - 100 would like it and both boys and girls will like this book.

I'm giving this book 5 stars - I love it! It's the best book I've read today!

Review by Young Mensan Eliot, age 5
on January 18, 2012
After reading the Booklist review of this title, I sent it to my 5 year old grandson who is an emergent reader. He just loves this book because he can read it by himself and the story is wonderful. He also commented on the pictures, so the illustrator deserves a big thumbs up.
on December 4, 2015
I had such high hopes for this book as I thought it would show all sorts of animals, birds, chipmunks, zebras, giraffes. If you think about it, there are so many excellent examples of animals/sibling twins that are very similar but not exactly alike. Anyway, the illustrations are gorgeous but only show these two red birds in a snowy scene the entire book!
on November 13, 2014
This board book featuring two little red birds exploring their winter environment is not only the perfect book for the cold months but it stresses the uniqueness of various things the two birds encounter in their winter landscape. The art is excellent and toddlers should enjoy flipping the pages and looking at the pictures. I'm sending this one on to my granddaughter. I think she'll love it!

Book provided by publisher
on December 25, 2015
My toddler & I found this at our library. He loved it right away with the simple rhyming story and beautiful illustrations of the birds and animals.

This is one of the first books he memorized and read out loud to himself.

We got the board book version which is a great size. The hardback paper page one from the library was much bigger but he loves either one. We had to get him his own copy :)
on October 23, 2015
I bought this book for my son's first birthday and I love it! It is simple, sweet, and has beautiful illustrations and text :) I think that anyone who loves nature and appreciates good writing and art will love it too :) This is a great book for both little boys AND girls! Buy this one! :)
on February 15, 2015
I bought this book as a Christmas gift for my 10 month old identical twin girls. They love it and I love it! For identical twins who are "just the same" but "not quite" this book seems like it was made just for them. The pictures are really cute as well. I think this book will be a favorite in our house for quite awhile!
on February 2, 2015
This book is perfect as a good night story for my twin boys. Even though they are not identical, they do need reassurance about the fact that they are not "a set of twins" but two individuals and that we love each one of them for how different they are. With this sweet story I can reassure them and at the same time, tell them a beautiful tale about winter nature.