Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Format: PaperbackChange

on June 18, 2006
This is such NEAT BOOK! My 8-year-old and 6-year-old are every bit as excited about it as I am. I could not get over the variety of flavors and options in here--all you favorites, but mostly entirely new ideas. We have tried 4 recipes so far, all perfect (Rocky Road Drops, White Chocolate, Coconut & Lime Cookies, Caramel Mallow Goodies, and the Karma Krunch Bars). So yummy, and the girls helped with all of them. I think it took us about 15 minutes total to make each batch in its entirety, if that much time--easy! We are going to be using this all summer long and then throughout the school year. Great for kids, great for adults, lots of fun, delicious cookies.
0Comment42 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 24, 2006
Just got this last week and am drooling my way through it. Made 2 batches of bars (peanut butterscotch bars with chocolate topping and cappuccino bars) for a work party and people inhaled them. Easy recipes, great introduction, incredible variety of recipes (even some healthy ones that I plan to make for lunch boxes)--a winner in every sense.
0Comment21 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 15, 2008
This is a great book. I have tried several recipes and look forward to trying more. I tried a few recipes with young teens and had great results.
on December 7, 2010
Very Pleased. Love it! We all need to save time making things. Seller was great! Book was in excellent condition! I was so very, very pleased.
Some yummy recipes in this book.
on May 26, 2010
There are so many great, easy, and unique recipes here. There is way more to no bake than the traditional ones with oatmeal and peanut butter. Definitely check this out.
on January 23, 2014
WHEN YOU READ THE TITLE YOU WOULD THINK THAT THIS BOOK WOULD MAKE IT ALL EASY AND QUICK. WHILE A FEW OF THE RECIPES WERE FASTER A LOT WERE NOT. DIDN'T LIKE SOME OF THEM I MADE. I AM A VERY EXPERIENCED BAKER AND COLLECT COOKBOOKS. THIS BOOK HAS NOT BEEN A FAVORITE SO THEREFORE I CAN NOT SAY ONE WAY OR THE OTHER WHETHER TO BUY IT IT'S REALLY UP TO THE INDIVIDUAL TASTES OF THE COOK. I HAVE ANOTHER COOKBOOK OF CAMILLA'S THAT I DO LIKE JUST NOT CRAZY ABOUT THIS ONE.
on April 21, 2012
I do admit, I like this book, but it can take a little longer if the oven isn't used. I did make a peanut butter bar with chocolate on top and it was good. I admit it was crumbly so I will add a little more butter or something to it to make it stick together better. Can't wait to try more recipes.
on August 24, 2006
Reviewed by Kelli Glesige for Reader Views (8/06)

If you are like me and try to keep the cookie monsters in your house at bay, even on hot summer days, you must get a copy of "No-Bake Cookies." Without heating up your kitchen, you can make special treats for your family and friends, and they will love you for it. "No-Bake Cookies" would also be great for those who are too busy to bake, for most of the treats included here go together quickly and easily. The included recipes would also be terrific when the kids want to help out in the kitchen. Several of the steps are well suited for a younger child to handle, leaving only a few advanced steps to an older child or adult. With the oven off, most parents will feel more at ease when the youngsters are helping. And even better, the results deliver a fairly consistent and excellent product if all directions are read and followed. A section is included on selecting the proper ingredients to achieve the best results.

Most of Saulsbury's no-bake cookies are only a matter of minutes in the making. The results are big on taste and little on effort. All the required ingredients are readily available at the grocery and common to most. There should be something for everyone with icebox bars, simple drop cookies, shaped cookies and bar cookies, as well as the well-known cereal bars.

Most cooks are familiar with a few common no-bake cookies such as rice crispy treats and chocolate-oatmeal cookies, but SO MUCH more is included here. And once you see the variety of ingredients Camille Saulsbury uses, you will likely come up with your own variations. A big surprise for me was the inclusion of three packages of ramen noodles in Orange Cream Clusters. Interesting!

I received my copy of "No-Bake Cookies" in July when the mercury was pushing 90 degrees daily, my cookie jar was empty, and my family wanted something sweet to snack on. Therefore, I can personally attest to several of the recipes. The chocolate lovers in my home gave thumbs up to Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars and Chocolate Peanut Butter Crisp Rice Bars. We also found Pink Lemonade Squares to be a cool treat on a warm day, but I recommend using regular cream cheese, not a lower fat variety. My recipe turned out a bit too runny. Otherwise, the taste was great.

I enjoy making desserts for my family, and "No-Bake Cookies" did not disappoint me. It will be a welcome addition on my cookbook shelf. I recommend it to all!

Received book free of charge.
on January 31, 2014
Love this book. My niece fell in love with it when she was visiting so I bought her and my
granddaughters each one. So easy to make yummy treats from this. No heating the oven
or toaster oven, especially in hot weather, I do recommend this book.
on November 1, 2013
like what I have made so far - easy to follow
great pictures - and taste good
a lot of healthier style cookies and bars