No boxed version, no buy.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 30, 2012 9:09:37 PM PDT
Deal with it.

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 1:21:02 PM PDT
Eli Oliver says:
I'm not a fan of digital down load only on AAA titles. I like my physical copy.

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 7:59:23 AM PDT
Andrew C. says:
For an AAA title, I absolultely require a physical copy. If it's a single-player AAA game, I require a physical copy and will not buy a game that requires any online "authentication" or remote activation. Digital downloads might be okay for an indy game that costs $10 or less. Not for a $50 or $60 game though.

Posted on Sep 28, 2012 1:48:23 PM PDT
W. Lee says:
It's no big deal. I buy all my games digitally. I like it better than going to the store and having freaking CD's all over the place. But like the other dude said in time all media will be sold like this. In fact most games already are being sold by download only. So yeah no choice but to get over it and deal with it. Don't like it? Then you don't get to play it. Simple as that.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 10:57:58 AM PST
Softy says:
I used to care about this, but with steam games the convenience is just too handy to pass up. I've never found myself wishing I bought a boxed copy, but on several occasions I've found myself cleaning out a desk full of old game boxes I don't need anymore.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 1:17:40 AM PST
CaGuy868 says:
is everybody insane?
This is terrible , you do not even feel like you OWN the game unless you got a physical copy.
It was sold in Europe on DVD.
This blows, if Steam 's servers ever go down or a glitch does not recognize your ownership..see you PC Games.
Awful look into the future.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 7:23:44 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 7:25:01 AM PST
Tony says:
I agree with you Softy. At one time, I only wanted a physical copy. I've had Steam for years, before I really started using it and puchasing games thru it last year. I think these people need to give it a chance. Physical copies take up space, CD/DVD's get scratched(can't install from scratched media), keys sometimes get lost. I currently have 91 games thru Steam. I can't imagine having the boxes and CD/DVD's just laying around for that many games. Not to mention, I kinda like the Steam community and what Steam offers. It's extremely convenient, games are always on sale for as much as 75% off.

To CaGuy868:
How could you feel like you don't own the game, when its easily accessible and playable on your PC? The same thing was said about CD's when MP3's came on the scene, and I was ignorant about that too. When you actually open up to trying these things with an open heart, you'll say to yourself "Why did I wait so long to give this a chance. It's fantastic"

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2013 12:24:46 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 12, 2013 12:25:04 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2014 3:04:36 AM PST
Marce says:
What does AAA mean?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Jun 30, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 7, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Hitman: Absolution [Online Game Code]
Hitman: Absolution [Online Game Code] by Square Enix
4.0 out of 5 stars   (263)