No more pre-order discount?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 16, 2012 2:04:20 PM PDT
Facelord says:
$35 for All-Stars would've definitely convinced me to pre-order, but now the pre-order discount's off and I'm not sure if I'm interested in getting a retail copy anymore. I guess I'll just go for the $36 PSN copy and have the game on me wherever I go, unless they redo the discount. I'm guessing it was a timed thing.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 1:13:39 PM PST
L. Brown says:
if you have a ps3, buy the ps3 one and you get the vita copy for free!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 1:39:53 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 5:41:24 PM PST
Facelord says:
I already know about Crossbuy and I don't have a PS3. Doesn't help me any, except for justifying the Vita version's $40 cost. :<

My plan is to purchase the retail Vita copy for $40 now and in the future when I DO have a PS3 or backwards-compatible PS4 I'll pick up the PS3 version to have a digital Vita copy. I wish it wasn't so confusing, of course.

Update: apparently it'd cost me nearly $50 to get it on day one through Amazon, I'm just gonna pay $36 for the game on PSN. I HOPE it's $36, anyways, if it's $40 that'd ruin the whole point of it. :<

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 3:19:05 PM PST
r u buying it for ps3

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 4:10:58 PM PST
L. Brown says:
@Ezra yes, but i wont have access to to my ps3 when it comes out so im just gonna download the vita copy

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 4:14:32 PM PST
Facelord says:
I think you have to put the disc into your PS3 to activate the game on your account, unfortunately I don't think it just requires the use of your online pass. I definitely recommend you not get your hopes up just in case, I wouldn't want you to be disappointed.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 4:27:51 PM PST
L. Brown says:
thanks for that, luckily I do have access to a ps3 with internet

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 5:04:02 PM PST
Facelord says:
Good to hear, just make sure it's activated on your account and no one else's if you want the copy. I can't wait to get the game, I'm buying it digitally on day one. Did you hear about how they just announced Kat from Gravity Rush and Emmett Graves from Starhawk as temporarily-free DLC characters? They're free for two weeks, then after that point if you haven't already activated the characters you have to pay for them. Either way, this is so cool; apparently Graves can call down items like turrets to attack the other players with his playstyle and Kat can influence gravity for some crazy aerial combat.

Sooooo psyched, only five more days left. :>>>

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 10:57:28 AM PST
L. Brown says:
Yea, I seen a rumor about Kat a month ago, I think a survey was sent out asking if people wanted to see her in the game. I figured Emmet was going to be in it once I saw the bonus costume for sweet tooth, those are two great additions. Now if only activision would stop being such a-hole and let super bot make crash and spyro!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 4:48:24 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 4:50:28 PM PST
Facelord says:
If I had a PS3, I'd be all over Starhawk. It really looks like my kinda game, and I don't even usually like multiplayer. I can't wait to play Gravity Rush when it hits Playstation Plus, I hope they keep it in the Instant Game Collection rotation for a month though because I can't afford a year PS+ subscription for another few weeks. Either way, so hyped, only 3.5 days until All-Stars releases. :>

I'm glad you understand it's Activision's fault for Crash and Spyro not being in the game, it's pretty sickening. Apparently they're trying to milk Sony of as much money as possible, even though Sony's studios(Insomniac and Naughty Dog) created the two characters and Activision's not even using them(Skylanders Spyro doesn't count at all). They're definitely not getting my dollar vote until they find some way to make it up to Sony, maybe in some apology form.

Are there any characters that could be added to the game that'd ruin it for you? Lightning from Final Fantasy 13 would completely ruin all my goodwill toward the game, I'd actually sell the game if I wasn't buying it digitally but instead I'm just going to uninstall it if they ever add her to the game. I know it sounds weird and all, but I really, really hate that character and what she represents. Her game ended the FF series' awesome streak of great games and tainted its legacy, and Square Enix keeps pushing that dumb character and her awful sequels as if gamers want it. If they seriously put her at the same level as characters like Kratos, Nathan Drake, Dante and Sackboy and act as if she's the best representative of the Final Fantasy franchise, I would just really hate the game. I'm very afraid of the possibility of her appearance in the game, and rightly so since Square Enix keeps trying to shove her down our throats.
Really though, can you think of any characters at all that would ruin your goodwill toward the game? I might just be alone in that regard.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 6:50:52 AM PST
Gaming Dad says:
You could always try and get the three month subscription for the time being to snag the games. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 10:49:42 AM PST
Facelord says:
I actually decided very recently that I'm getting a PS3 this Friday instead of getting All-Stars. It was a tough decision, but it'll definitely be worth it in the end. Definitely gonna try to get a year PS+ subscription after my free 30-day trial runs out. I waited 6.5 years for a PS3, this is gonna rock; I'm just gonna have the inFamous Collection and the Uncharted 1&2 pack, so I'm gonna try to catch as many great sales as possible. Walmart has the God of War Saga for $15 on black Friday and Amazon has waaay more great PS3 deals this whole week, so I should hopefully be good. :>
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Sep 16, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation Vita)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (97)