Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 27, 2011 7:49:39 PM PDT
Ryan Vilas says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Aug 29, 2011 12:28:35 AM PDT
Wow you apparently didn't do much reading about this game, let me break it down for you:

1- It is supposed to be more realistic so they are using real world settings and the producer said so in many interviews.
2- The addition of bombers and helis provide something new from the old fashioned fighter jets exclusive game. Also they are changing things around to give the series a "Rebirth"
3- No, you don't have to hold down a button to get a lock on, like I said do a little more reading on the game than just watching gameplay footage and you'll know whats going on with the circle and button commands.
4- When firing a gun or even shooting missiles it zooms in to give this fast paced feeling and eliminates the pixel shooting in previous games.
5- They only revealed little about the game, so there might be a wingman command options, also they are yet to release more info on MP portion of the game.

:)

Posted on Aug 30, 2011 9:36:15 AM PDT
they need to put a flight stick bundle out. there is no flight stick for the ps3 since ac6 never made it to the ps3.

Posted on Aug 30, 2011 9:44:33 PM PDT
Chase S. says:
I think you're jumping the gun assuming you won't be able to pick planes for missions. Just because they tend to only show the F-22 in gameplay doesn't mean much. It's not the first time the F-22 has gotten the spotlight from an advertising standpoint.

Yeah I don't particularly like that they're giving it a real world setting either, but I'm grudgingly prepared to get used to it. Also don't like the sound of the camera angle changing when you use certain weapons, but it could be cool.

Posted on Aug 31, 2011 11:22:30 AM PDT
Kara Kahle says:
How can you say you're disappointed when you haven't played the game yet?

Posted on Sep 3, 2011 11:05:44 AM PDT
James Pineda says:
The zoom in feature was in the last Ace Combat game, you fire a missle, hold down the button and the camera follows. It's a really nice touch for those that want to see the explosions up close, but it was optional, and while holding down the button, the AI took over flying till you got back in the cockpit. Ace pilot's can mean heli pilots and bomber pilots, doesn't just designate fighter pilots. Plus why would they take away the ability to choose your plane, and from what I've seen you'll be able to customize the look of your plane(decal, paint,etc.) Hopefully we'll find out more as the game nears release.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Aug 27, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 3, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon - Playstation 3
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon - Playstation 3 by Namco (PlayStation 3)
3.3 out of 5 stars   (133)