Automotive Holiday Deals Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts for Her May The Best Garden Be Yours Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals BestoftheYear Outdoors Gift Guide on DOTD
Customer Discussions > ModNation Racers: Road Trip forum

No online... order cancelled

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 11, 2012 8:10:47 PM PST
rockx4 says:
Well, cancelling my order. The game is confirmed to have no online racing.

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 3:17:51 AM PST
Since I am a fan of the game and not childish I am keeping my order. Thanks for your opinion though.

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 6:34:14 AM PST
J. Curry says:
Nothing childish about it...Modnation on PS3 online was the main selling point...Same should be for the Vita...Has no Replay Value now

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2012 2:51:12 PM PST
K. Geddings says:
thats a bit odd considering. but i dont mind. im mainly getting it as its only 30 bucks and seems to be a good launch title to show off the capabilities of the vita till little big planet comes along :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2012 2:51:40 PM PST
K. Geddings says:
other then making your own tracks and downloading thousands of others?

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 5:36:23 PM PST
A. Aiken says:
I don't know - I'm never one to cancel preorders, or whine and complain when unfortunate anouncements are made, but no online really hurts this title for me.

For $30 though, is it excusable? Probably, yeah.

Posted on Jan 13, 2012 9:00:23 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
While I'm sure the game will be fun on single-player, the lack of online head-to-head racing is downright inexcusable. That is one of the main draws of not only ModNation Racers on PS3/PSP, but of racing games in general. It's even more insulting when you consider that the PS Vita has such a robust online presence. Not to mention the competition, Mario Kart 7, has online play on an inferior online infrastructure.

Posted on Jan 13, 2012 1:42:38 PM PST
_matta2k says:
I'd much prefer the game be delayed and include multiplayer than be released incomplete (which is how I view a racing game without online competition). But clearly Sony wants Road Trip to be a launch title so they can boast about their launch lineup. Well, boast away, Sony, but I'm not shelling out $30 for half a game.

Posted on Jan 15, 2012 9:10:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2012 9:11:28 AM PST
JJ350 says:
To me, this just seems like a nice little launch racing game. If it had online, I am pretty sure it would be selling for more than $30, and it would probably be coming out towards the end of the year. I want some variety of games to play on my Vita, so I don't mind.

Since I am not a big fan of Wipeout, I will probably be picking this up.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2012 3:53:18 AM PST
Facelord says:
And am not childish? You're childish for not recognizing that it's a huge flaw and acknowledging that OP is totally right to do whatever he wants.

I almost cancelled my order over this, then decided AI racers are more consistent than online players; I just want gaming zen with Modnation Racers on the go. Not having online racing is a huge disappointment and it looks like it'll ruin the game's sales, however I think the $30 pricetag almost justifies it... I just hope online play is patched into the game after release, this is literally the only must-have Vita launch game for me. Sure, there are tons of great launch titles worth playing but this is the one that made me want the Vita on day one. It's just too sad. :<

Posted on Jan 21, 2012 10:30:17 PM PST
Awesome comeback there, U mad?

Posted on Jan 26, 2012 8:01:21 PM PST
Multilayer is still possible according to Sony Blog

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 3:45:21 AM PST
JJ350 says:
Yeah, I have actually been hearing about a number of online features with this game, so it sounds like the original poster was wrong.

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 6:17:21 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 8, 2012 6:18:59 AM PST
C. Riccio says:
If there is multiplayer support, then chances are you will be able to play it online.

I have a feeling ad hoc party will work with the Vita. If it ends up being supported, you should be able to play online that way.

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 11:18:07 AM PST
D. Brady says:
Does anyone have definitive and official sources about this? I preordered it and will quickly cancel that preorder if you can't play online multiplayer via SEN. I was already on the fence about this game, but that would make it a no go for me.

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 9:47:57 PM PST
v7torSFC says:
Just FYI, Gamestop doesn't have street dates for Modnation, Uncharted, Wipeout, Little Deviants, and Hotshots I believe so you can buy those right now. Last night I bought Uncharted and today I picked up ModNation. It's crazy how small the game box is. Also Uncharted doesn't even have a book as all Vita games have digital books on the game cart.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2012 6:24:02 PM PST
a.robo says:
wtf does his logical decision and reasoning have to do with being a child?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2012 6:24:42 PM PST
a.robo says:
capabilities? If crap framerate and lack of basic features is any indication, the capabilities of Vita suck

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2012 6:25:07 PM PST
a.robo says:
Other $30 games have online. Poor logic is poor

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2012 6:25:37 PM PST
a.robo says:
no ad-hoc. this game is utter crap

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2012 6:25:54 PM PST
a.robo says:
read the damn reviews you moron
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Jan 11, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
ModNation Racers: Road Trip
ModNation Racers: Road Trip by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation Vita)
4.0 out of 5 stars (81)