Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 12, 2014 12:57:44 AM PDT
D. Smail says:
Hey, why are there no pre-orders for Winter Soldier when the release is less than 3 months away?

Posted on Jun 12, 2014 4:30:54 AM PDT
Blue Rose says:
I wonder if Amazon is involved with a dispute with Disney similar to WB. Kind of driving me nuts since I'd like to pre-order so I can know I get it the day it is released. It's one reason I have a Prime membership. If Amazon is going to mess around with this I might as well just stop by Target on release day and skip ordering stuff from here, or at the very least stop paying for Prime to get good shipping.

Posted on Aug 26, 2014 5:24:44 AM PDT
If it is not available for order in time for release day delivery then I will be picking my copy up at Best Buy.

Posted on Aug 27, 2014 12:26:23 PM PDT
A. Dutra says:
Amazon is involved in a dispute with Disney. This will cause me to buy the affected movies elsewhere if they aren't available for release day delivery.
http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/08/18/amazon-and-disneys-media-feud-what-you-need-to-kno.aspx

Posted on Aug 29, 2014 7:17:32 AM PDT
They did this with Warner Bros! & now it's Disney's "turn"!!!! Who's next??????

Posted on Sep 2, 2014 1:33:30 PM PDT
WeaponX says:
Pre-Order is up (09/02/14) - Price is kind of high but hopefully it's just a placeholder!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2014 10:30:00 PM PDT
JasonY says:
The price will definitely come down during release week since most brick & mortar retailers will heavily discount then. FYI Target will have this version on sale for $20.

Posted on Sep 3, 2014 1:54:14 PM PDT
Best Buy will have the 3D version in a Steelbook for $24.99.

Posted on Sep 5, 2014 7:33:22 PM PDT
Razor X says:
This is labeled as a 3D Blu-ray/DVD combo pack but I don't think there is any DVD in this version. I think it is just 3D Blu-ray, regular Blu-ray and digital copy. I have no interest in 3D. There is an option to buy just the regular Blu-ray but that version has no digital copy. These kinds of marketing tactics that force the consumer to buy the 3D version in order to get the digital copy is making me seriously consider just downloading the film from iTunes.

Posted on Sep 5, 2014 9:05:05 PM PDT
so is there no FULL combo package? 3d bluray/bluray/dvd/digital?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2014 9:20:25 AM PDT
Razor X says:
Doesn't look like it. All I really want is the regular Blu-ray + digital copy.

Posted on Nov 2, 2014 12:38:08 AM PDT
I bought the Captain America 2 Blu-ray 3D combo under the assumption that all of the extras would be on both the Blu-ray 3D and 2D discs. Unfortunately, all of the extras were on the 3D Blu-ray disc, and the 2D Blu-ray disc just had the movie only. So, I had to buy a single-disc Cap 2 Blu-ray just to get the movie and the extras (which are hilarious). Disney will have a Blu-ray/DVD combo for Maleficent, but not for the Marvel movies? This is just dumb!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Jun 12, 2014
Latest post:  Nov 2, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions