5.0 out of 5 stars Nobu West
We all knew that Nobu Matsuhisa is a great cook, but the way he combined the west cooking with the east and his influences from Peru is just grandious.

I would consider the best book I bought in years. Simple to follow, extremely well documented and the pictures are just marvelous.

For an amateur like me, an excellent purchase to explore further the...
Published on April 10, 2007 by Jose Pires

3.0 out of 5 stars Nobu West
I bought the book for 2 specific recipies that I tasted at friends home. Unfortunately, most of the other recipies are very fiddly and difficult to prepare for a dinner party of 8 or unsubstantial for a hungry husband. So I am stuck with the 2 original recipes.
Published on December 17, 2012 by Eva Yang

5.0 out of 5 stars Nobu West, April 10, 2007
This review is from: Nobu West (Hardcover)

For an amateur like me, an excellent purchase to explore further the pleasures of life.

5.0 out of 5 stars the man can cook, March 15, 2009
This review is from: Nobu West (Hardcover)
I had no problems finding ingredients at a local Japanese market (except I couldn't read the labels on the packaging). I am not an experienced cook, some of the preparations are challenging, but the flavors produced by these recipes are worth the effort.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Fine Indeed, November 2, 2010
This review is from: Nobu West (Hardcover)
I have owned this book for a few years and I find myself reaching for it time and time again. Although some reviews say you cannot find certain ingredients I will say with some resource or substitutions you will be fine. I love Nobu, I love the flavor profiles, and I love this book.

My favorites include: Atlantic Cod (if you like the restaurant Black Cod Miso you will like this- pretty easy to make), Toro Miso with Jalapeno Salsa, and Sukiyaki.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just perfect, January 13, 2013
This review is from: Nobu West (Hardcover)
I seen it before and think "I have to get it" and here we are the book is just perfect, epic recpies, beatiful pictures i recomend it to everyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Japanese-Western Fusion at it's Best, March 17, 2012
Jack Donachy (Point Hope, Alaska) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nobu West (Hardcover)
Nobu Matsuhisa is an innovator, and his book "Nobu West" is filled with inspired combinations of ingredients - not to mention wonderful photography depicting fresh, imaginative presentations. While most of the items he refers to can be found in even smaller cities (Anchorage, Alaska, for example), or on line, it is true that for some, obtaining the ingredients will be challenging. Readers who incorporate Nobu's spirit of experimentation and innovation will love this book! We live in a remote Alaskan village 200 miles north of the Arctic Circle. Among the 100-plus recipes in this book, there are few we can recreate exactly as they're described, but with creative substitutions, this book has inspired us to cook up many remarkable dishes. From appetizers to salads to entrées to desserts, this book will inspire seasoned cooks to explore new tastes, textures and ingredients.

5.0 out of 5 stars fANTASTIC, July 23, 2013
This review is from: Nobu West (Hardcover)
This book has some of the best recipes! Easy to follow The desert section is especially yummy! The pictures are beautiful also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book to improve your Japanese cuisine, May 22, 2013
This review is from: Nobu West (Hardcover)
I've used this book to help give the chefs I work with ideas for creativity.
Although some ingredients are not available where I am we have used some of the ideas in the book and expanded on them.
Love the food!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, April 10, 2012
This review is from: Nobu West (Hardcover)
Great pictures in this book, not for the amateur in regards to recipe complexity, and ease of finding ingredients, but great for an amateur to browse through and get creative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cookbook, May 15, 2010
Mooman (New Hampshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nobu West (Hardcover)
We already had this book in one place and added it to another. Can be challenging but that's a good thing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 31, 2014
Nice book.

Nobu West
Nobu West by Nobuyuki Matsuhisa (Hardcover - March 1, 2007)
Used & New from: $7.23