5.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy
I bought 2 pair at $5.00 each, free shipping, from Daily Steals. I've had them for a few days & am very surprised how good they actually are. Yes, I have other, more expensive sets of headphones, but I needed a set of over-the-ear headphones that I wouldn't have to worry about if they were lost. These fit the bill 100%.

The 1 star reviews indicate poor sound...
Published 21 months ago by Dennis P. Finegan

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty cheap headphones
Published on December 29, 2011 by Matthew P. Wolfe

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty cheap headphones, December 29, 2011
This review is from: VAAS DJ Noise Reducing Stereo Headphones V1-DJ Black (Electronics)
I paid almost nothing for these cans from dailysteals. About 8 bucks to be exact and that was after shipping. For the price I didn't expect much but was hoping there would be a chance they would be good. The sound quality I'd give maybe 6 out of 10. It's not horrible but pretty similar (maybe slightly better) to something like the headphones that come with an ipod or an average mp3 player. There isn't much bass out of these and they won't go that loud with most units. My macbook pro will play headphones really loud typically but I can turn it all the way up with these and it doesn't hurt my ears much (it is loud but not that loud).
I would imagine that on an ipod turning it all the way up won't be very loud but I haven't tried.

The highs are ok but a bit tinny. They sound similar to some cheap skull candy headphones I heard in the past.
I did find it odd that in one song I was listening to I heard some details I hadn't heard with my sennheisers.. Its probably just that Frequency response of these is different enough that certain things you don't notice with other phones are more prevelant.

While they feel pretty cheaply made they are actually pretty comfortable to wear.. I've been wearing them for like the past hour and they haven't bugged me at all.

As far as noise reducing/cancelling is concerned I don't think these do much but I really didn't buy them for that.

The biggest disappointment though is the lack of bass. I'm not a basshead or looking for some Beats style headphones with exaggerated bass, just something that can hit the low notes without distortion. These don't deliver in that respect. For 8 bones though they make for great cans I can let the kids use instead of stealing my sennheisers.

Update --
One thing I forgot to add is that because these don't go super loud they are great for kids.. You won't have to worry about them blowing there eardrums out! Also, my kids love them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy, December 2, 2012

The 1 star reviews indicate poor sound quality and cheaply made. Personally I like the sound. Very good base. Your mileage may vary. As far as the quality, it isn't bad for the price. Mine haven't fallen apart yet (they are only used at a PC & never travel) & I don't expect them to in the near future. I wear headphones for 4 - 5 hours a day & these are very comfortable. They are also very light.

Verdict: these are a good buy as a spare set. Not the best headphones out there, but certainly not the worst either.

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth the $6 I paid for them, February 1, 2013
These headphones popped up on daily steals and I thought why not for only 6 bucks? They showed up just a few days later and here is my thoughts:

Build: They feel cheap. They are made of plastic and the parts don't seem to be of high quality. This is would be a problem if you move around alot, but I sit at a desk all day so this is not to big of a deal for myself. There is one wire in on the left ear. I like the one wire design, especially with the 7 ft cord. The wire does feel lose, but does not seem to be lacking a good connection.

Comfort: These have plenty of padding on the ears as well as the top. They are comfortable when worn, especially since they are pretty light with the cheap plastic. One note though, the covers on the pad are very flimsy and I anticipate them ripping pretty quickly. They also run hot on the ears, but is more of an over the ear problem then a VAAS specific problem.

Sound Quality: This one is a big one, the soul purpose of these after all are to produce sound. The sound is not terrible for just listening to a movie or tv show, but with music the base is clearly dropped out. I am not even a huge fan of a base that over throws all the rest of the music, but even the low end of the mid range seems to suffer way to much while listening to these.

Noise Cancelling: These do drown out some background noise if there is audio present, but not like being in a totally separate room.

Conclusion: If you can find these for $5-6, then go for it, they definitely get the job done comfortably. Would I pay the Amazon price for these? Not a chance.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay Away From These!, June 3, 2012
Bought a pair of these from a Deal Of The Day website, and they are just absolute garbage! Spend a little more and buy a higher quality manufacturer's product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed!, January 15, 2013
I paid about $8 for these after shipping on DailySteals.com. I had been looking for some noise reducing headphones. I watch tv through Netflix and Hulu in the same room that my kids watch Netflix and play the Wii. I just needed something that helped block the sound a bit without emptying my savings. They are not excellent sound quality but you get what you paid for and I got what I expected.

1.0 out of 5 stars Low quality, September 6, 2012
The audio quality was pretty low but ok for the discounted price, but it was still pretty disappointing when they just fell apart in my hands after maybe the fourth or fifth time just picking them up. The bass frequencies don't play very loud and the sound doesn't really stay within the headphones. They almost play more like low quality speakers that attach to your ears (provided they haven't broken yet, at least). The earmuffs aren't very secure to the whole unit.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly made, arrived broken, June 28, 2012
This is the cheapest quality pair of headphones I have ever purchased. They arrived with the earpiece unattached and when I tried to reattach it, I quickly realized that they were so flimsy and poorly made, that they will surely only last a short time before breaking. I would NOT recommend this product! Spend a few dollars more and select a different pair.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the $6, October 13, 2013
No these are not "DJ quality", then again I paid $6 not $100 for actual "DJ quality" headset.
For all those complaining they are not loud enough " Hello they are headphones 1 inch from your eardrums they are not supposed to be able to go too loud".
For normal every day use like sitting at the computer listening to music without disturbing other or interruptions these work great. The external noise cancelling is good enough.
They fit great, I sometimes forget I even have them on ,which can be a problem with the 7 foot cord I'm 1/2 way across the room before I run out of leash .
I've since bought 3 more as gifts for people that prefer old fashion over the ear headsets to earbuds. I have not gotten one complaint that anybody had any problems with them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good bang for the buck!, February 19, 2013
Was looking for a spare set of over the ear headphones for use at church, monitoring live sound and feed to local radio station. Figured it was worth $10 to give these a try. Could not be happier. Should have bought 2 pair! Not the greatest headphones I've ever used, but at a fraction of the cost, I'll take them.

Pros - over the ear design really does a great job of minimizing extraneous noise (I missed 2 phone calls testing them out); price; solid sound

Cons - just a bit boomy; have to adjust EQ to cut the bottom a little

5.0 out of 5 stars I hear everything, November 28, 2012
I just these headphones and they are great to play video games on the computer without outside noise interference and they are very soft.

Rate and Discover Movies