Stay in touch with all your contacts and keep your busy life organized with the Nokia 1661, and pay the way you want with prepaid and postpaid calling plans from T-Mobile Pay As You Go. A great choice for those looking for a simplified cell phone for on-the-go communications, the Nokia 1661 offers essential mobile phone functionality. It also features an FM radio (headset required), speakerphone for handsfree communication, calendar, phone book with storage for 500 contacts, and over 4 hours of talk time.
A no-frills communicator, the Nokia 1661 is a great mobile voice and text messaging companion.
The candybar-style Nokia 1661 has a color LCD screen with a 128 x 160-pixel resolution and 65K color depth. It has a standard alpha-numeric keypad, five-way navigator, send/end keys, and two soft keys for navigating the interface. The phone has an internal 4 MB memory, which isn't expandable. The internal phonebook can store up to 500 contact entries, with multiple numbers per entry and support for caller groups. Additionally, the phone displays the most recent 20 dialed/received/missed calls.
If you need text messaging capabilities, the 1661 has you covered as support is built-in for sending and receiving SMS and MMS messages. T9 predictive text entry, a technology that makes it easier for people to enter words and text on handsets, is built-into the unit--a plus for text messaging users.
- Organizer tools: calendar with month view (up to 10 entries), clock, converter stopwatch
- Integrated speakerphone
- 2.5mm headset jack
- Ringtones: Polyphonic (32 channels), MP3
- SMS storage: up to 250 messages on phone
- Dedicated speaking clock key
- Vibrating alert
The Nokia 1661 weighs 2.9 ounces and measures 4.25 x 1.8 x 0.53 inches. Its 860 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 4.2 hours of talk time, and up to 480 hours (20 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS frequencies.
T-Mobile Pay As You Go Prepaid Service
T-Mobile prepaid plans give you wireless access with less commitment, so you can pay--and talk--as you go. With no annual contract, no credit check, and no monthly bill, prepaid plans are a simple, direct way to go mobile. There are many ways to conveniently refill your T-Mobile Prepaid Plan so that you can stay continually connected with the people who matter most, including using web2go directly from your phone, via the T-Mobile Web site, or using refill cards available at over 90,000 locations nationwide.
With Pay As You Go, you get wireless service exactly how you like it--there's no long-term contract, no credit checks, and no surprises. Add $100 in refills with Pay As You Go and you'll become a Gold Rewards customer, which gets you 15 percent more minutes on all refills and your minutes won't expire for a year after the time you refill.
You can also pay only $1.00 per day for unlimited nights and unlimited nationwide calling to any T-Mobile number. All other domestic calls you make are just 10¢ per minute.
T-Mobile includes the following services with this T-Mobile Pay As You Go phone:
- Nationwide long distance (including calls to Alaska and Hawaii)
- National roaming on the T-Mobile USA network
- t-zones (browsing for HiFi Ringers, MegaTones, wallpapers, and more; not available on all devices)
- Voice-mail, caller ID, call waiting, three-way calling
- Free e-mail address (email@example.com)
Additional services available for additional fees:
- Text messaging ($0.10 to send, $0.5 to receive)
- Picture messaging ($0.25 to send or receive)
- Download ringtones and wallpaper (prices vary)
- Download games and applications (prices vary)
- 411 & More directory assistance ($1.79 per call plus airtime)
- International dialing to over 150 countries (international rates apply)
- Prepaid international roaming rates
To keep your mobile number active, refill within 90 days after your minutes expire. After 90 days, your account will be canceled and you will lose your phone number. If you want to restart service after that time, you will need to activate new service.