Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Nokia 5230 Quad-band GSM Cell Phone - Unlocked” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 63% off the $199.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Nokia 5230 Quad-band GSM Cell Phone - Unlocked
|Price:||$199.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item.
- Unlocked quad-band GSM cell phone compatible with 850/900/1800/1900 frequencies and US/International 3G compatibility via 850/900/1900/2100 UMTS/HSDPA plus GPRS/EDGE capabilities
- Fun, stylish, and affordable 3G-enabled touchscreen with 3.2-inch display; download apps, games and music from Nokia's Ovi Store
- 2-megapixel camera/camcorder; Bluetooth stereo music; microSD memory expansion to 16 GB; access to personal/work e-mail and instant messaging services
- Up to 4.5 hours of 3G talk time (7 hours on non-3G), up to 438 hours (18.25 days) of standby time
- What's in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, charger, wired stereo headset, wrist strap, car mount and holder, user manual
- Unlocked cell phones are compatible with GSM carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile as well as with GSM SIM cards (e.g. H20, Straight Talk, and select prepaid carriers). Unlocked cell phones will not work with CDMA Carriers like Sprint, Verizon, Boost or Virgin.
|Special Shipping Information: Due to federal and international regulations, this product can only be shipped within the continental United States.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Size (LWH): 7.75 inches, 5.5 inches, 2.25 inches
- Weight: 1 pounds
- Minimum Rated Talk Time: 10.5 hours
- Minimum Rated Standby Time: 438 hours
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Nokia 5230 Quad-band GSM Cell Phone - Unlocked
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$6.10||FREE Shipping|
|Display Size||3.2 inches||4 inches||4 inches||2.36 inches|
|Operating System||nokia symbian||Microsoft Windows Phone 8, upgradeable to v8.1||nokia symbian||nokia symbian|
|Camera Description||Information not provided||5 MP, 25921936 pixels, autofocus||Information not provided||Information not provided|
|Battery Life||10.5 Hours||14.08 Hours||9 Hours||9.2 Hours|
|Item Weight||1 pounds||0.27 pounds||0 pounds||0 pounds|
|Product Site Launch Date||Thu Oct 22 00:00:00 UTC 2009||Mon Apr 29 16:48:56 UTC 2013||Wed Dec 01 00:00:01 UTC 2010||Thu Oct 01 00:00:01 UTC 2009|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
The affordable Nokia 5230 with 3.2-inch touchscreen display.
This unlocked cell phone can be used with a GSM network service provider. It does not come with a SIM card, and it requires that you provide a SIM card for usage with your selected service provider. This phone comes with a full manufacturer's warranty.
When paired with a compatible 3G network, you'll enjoy a high-speed connection offering a variety of feature-rich wireless services--from data connectivity to your office to multimedia streaming, and take advantage of simultaneous voice and data services. In areas not served by a 3G network, you'll continue to receive data service via EDGE network (depending on network compatibility).
Note that the downloading of maps, games, music and videos and uploading of images and videos involves transferring large amounts of data. Your service provider may charge for the data transmission, and the availability of particular services and features may vary by carrier.
Customizable Home screen for quick access to 20 of your friends from the Contacts bar.
- Fast 3G connectivity with broadband-like speeds via 850/900/1900/2100 MHz UMTS/HSDPA.
- Integrated assisted GPS (A-GPS) receiver with free Ovi Maps enables you to find your route quickly and easily, whether walking or driving. Use the Walk pedestrian navigation to find your way, or the voice-guided Drive navigation to find the best route. (Learn more)
- 3.2-inch touchscreen with responsive, tactile feedback (640 x 360 pixels, 16.7 million colors).
- 2-megapixel camera with 3x digital zoom, center-weighted auto exposure, white balance settings, and on-phone photo editor.
- Video capture capabilities with recording up to 640 x 480 pixels and up to 30 fps.
- Digital audio/video player with compatibility for MP3, WMA, and AAC/eAAC+ formats
- FM radio (requires headset to be attached)
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.0) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 16 GB.
- SMS and MMS messaging with common inbox
- Instant messaging via AIM, Yahoo! Messenger, MSN Live, and Google Talk
- Supports e-mail accounts from more than a thousand ISPs (SMTP, IMAP4, POP3), as well as Gmail, Yahoo! mail and Hotmail. People who use Microsoft Exchange at work can access their e-mail using the Mail for Exchange mobile e-mail client, which comes pre-loaded (an Exchange e-mail account is required and your Exchange Administrator must have enabled your account for synchronization).
- Nokia Xpress audio messaging
- Full HTML Web browsing
- Organizer tools including calendar, alarm clock, notes, world clock, converter, and calculator.
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
- USB connectivity
- Ovi Store by Nokia with access to thousands of applications and other exciting content.
- Integrated hands-free speakerphone
- Contacts bar for 20 contacts with images and communication history (SMS, e-mail, web feeds)
- Symbian OS v9.4, Series 60 5.0
- Changeable color battery covers
The Nokia 5230 weighs 3.98 ounces and measures 4.37 x 2.03 x 0.61 inches. Its 1320 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 4.5 hours of 3G talk time (7 hours on non-3G networks), and up to 438 hours (18.25 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies, plus 850/900/1900/2100 3G networks (HSDPA).
What's in the Box
Nokia 5230 handset, rechargeable battery, charger, wired stereo headset, wrist strap, user manual
Lonely Planet guide.
- Maps for over 180 countries and free map updates
- Drive and Walk navigation available in over 70 countries with real-time voice guidance
- My Position enables you to find your current location easier and faster than ever.
- New one box search for quicker access to finding places and addresses.
- Save your favorite places and routes, then synchronize them with your Ovi account over the air.
- Car navigation with voice and visual instructions, lane assistance and speed limit information. Now also with text-to-speech voice guidance.
- Pedestrian navigation with routing through pedestrian zones and shortcuts, pathways through parks and buildings, stairways and plazas. Now with text-to-speech voice guidance.
- Get real-time weather information including a 5-day forecast, for your current or any location found via search.
- Lonely Planet and Michelin offer you dynamic access to the best and most relevant editorial travel content for over 1000 destinations. Find thousands of listings for sights, restaurants, hotels, shops, nightlife, and more. Look these places up on the map and get to them with Walk and Drive navigation.
- Discover the events happening nearby your location on the map or any place found via search.
- Share your location on Facebook--where you are, what you are up to and finish with a photo.
No Hidden Costs
The new version of Ovi Maps comes with all the maps and high-end, car grade navigation features you need for free and is yours to keep for the life of the smartphone. No additional licenses needed for extra countries, regions or services like traffic information or city guides. Data charges from network operators may apply.
Voice Guidance and Traffic Information
Turn-by-turn, voice guided navigation comes free for both drivers and pedestrians. For drivers this includes lane assistance, traffic information, safety camera, and speed warnings. For pedestrians, this includes shortcuts through parks and pedestrian-only zones for over 100 cities around the world as well as 6,000 3D landmarks in over 200 cities to help you find exactly where you are.
Unique Hybrid Technology
Ovi Maps is built on an advanced technology called hybrid vector maps. Vector maps are high quality but less data intensive and allow you to continue to navigate even if you lose your network connection. This means that maps downloaded or updated across a network connection are about half the size of bulky bitmaps used by other mobile map providers. The hybrid technology ensures that, unlike other providers, any downloaded map data is stored on the device for future use.
No Network Connection Required When Navigating
Avoid expensive, battery-draining network connections with Nokia's unique hybrid technology. Maps can be pre-loaded on to your Nokia smartphone so you can set Ovi Maps to offline mode, saving battery power, and the navigation system will still work. This is particularly useful for those worried about data connection costs when travelling abroad or when you are travelling through areas with little or no network coverage.
Best Global Coverage
You take your mobile with you wherever you go in the world so, as standard, voice guided navigation for both pedestrians and drivers is available for 74 countries in 46 different languages and there are maps for over 180 countries. This gives you the best maps with the largest global coverage for free.
Top Customer Reviews
Free maps from Ovi Maps. Free navigation can be had by downloading maps and voice and telling the navigation program to work offline. Our phone came pre loaded with the entire US, which takes about 2 gig of the 4 gig card which was included.
Free access to the Ovi App store. We have been downloading some free apps and so far, no charges against our minutes... knock on wood.
Small size but very high resolution. It's about the length of an iPhone, but only about 3/4 as wide. The screen is 3.2" but has a resolution of 360 x 640 pixels. It only has a 2mp camera, but that's plenty to shoot great video.
Bluetooth is fully functional. You can transfer files using it, unlike some other phones that only allow earpiece or speakerphone use through BT.
It comes with a 4 gig card, but with maps and pictures and music and whatever else, I can see it filling fast. It can take up to a 16 gig card.
The so so...
It comes with a little "guitar pic" thing to use the pressure sensitive touch screen. You can use your fingers too, but sometimes the things you wish to click are too small for fingers, so the pic is the better choice. Time will tell whether the touch screen is durable.
No wifi. Wifi would have been nice, but I guess this is what you give up at this price. Oh well.
As a phone...
Calls are clear and no issues with call quality. It has a proximity sensor so you don't accidentally press buttons when you hold it against your face. Dialing or texting by feel cannot be done since there is no physical number pad, it's totally touchscreen. Dialing is easy though, I have not "fat fingered" a button yet.
Some people might not like the idea of not having wifi, but if you think about it, if you buy any similar phone you're going to have to pay the stupid $30 extra monthly fee even if you do not use AT&T internet. With this phone you can just get the $10 unlimited data plan and be done with it. The internet works great on this phone and is fast in our experience. Very happy with the purchase and the price is amazing. Call quality is great as with all Nokias. No issues whatsoever and highly recommended!
Cheap Unlocked Phone (For use with AT&T's 3/3.5G network)
Sound Quality/Call Quality
No Contract Needed
Comes with some pre-loaded Apps
Symbian OS can take a little time to learn - it is NOT difficult - it is LOGICAL
Battery could be better for a 1320mah Battery
Small Data Cable
OVI Store - Getting Better All The Time
OVI Maps iffy for POI's
Not the fastest phone/GUI out - but ample - even for a heavy user
NO Wifi - But for it being so cheap you can't complain
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Just an average phone for the people that don't know much about phones.Published 14 months ago by Balki
Have been considering upgrading these phones just because we HAVE had them 4 years but not sure I'm going to. We like good phones, these are good phones with smart enuf features. Read morePublished 23 months ago by Karl Young
I've had my Nuron for over 2 years and I went from thinking it was an okay phone to hating it. I did love it when I first had it but wore off after a month. Read morePublished on January 10, 2013 by W. Bratton
This is a good and durable cell phone, though I bought this 2 years ago at $75, so I guess is a little overpriced right now, compared to all new options available on the market... Read morePublished on October 9, 2012 by Elle Cullen
At first the product was great, then one day I removed the charger from the phone, and the guts (inside) of the phone came out with it. Read morePublished on August 21, 2012 by Jodi