4.0 out of 5 stars Works great (with caveats)
Published on February 1, 2008 by A. Ellis

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it is supposed to do..
It works well and allows Nokia phones with the strange POP port to work with a standard set of headphones. It also works as the antenna for the FM radio.
Published on November 23, 2007 by awayman

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great (with caveats), February 1, 2008
A. Ellis (Dallas, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia Audio Adapter for Nokia 6085, 6086, 6126, 6131, N71, N72, N73, N80, N93 (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I like to listen to music on my Nokia 6085's MP3 player, but with this I can answer an incoming call, chat, and then resume listening to music with one button. It also has a rocker volume control on the side. CAVEATS: (1)The pop-port connector is stiff to insert, takes some getting used to. (2)At first I thought I would have to return this because every phone keypad press would create an incredibly annoying loud POP in the headphones. Fortunately, the problem can be (almost) eliminated by editing a spare profile to silence "Keypad tones", and then assigning that profile to the headphone mode.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it is supposed to do.., November 23, 2007
Even though nothing with the documentation enclosed or on the Nokia web site says so, this device DOES work with the Nokia N75 phone. One caution, even thought the description says "Americas Retail Pk" it is obvious that it has been packaged for Europe instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item. Great sound quality for music and calling. Mic works great in a car. RF interference isolation., March 16, 2007
I have a Nokia E61, which even thought there is a E62 non pop port version available in the US I bought my E61 for the freedom of and unlocked device and the use of WiFi. I Bought this adapter so I can replace my music player and it works great. Replaces my music player completely. I use it in a car with a cassette adapter and the sound quality is excellent not only for music but for calling (no complaints of the quality of my voice using the integrated mic). It also provides a great deal of RF isolation to avoid noise from the cellphone signaling in call and out of call. Instead of making this review into a rant over the popport like the prev reviewer, let me praise this adaptor as it is great and the seller shipped the device inmediatelly and in less that two days got it.

3.0 out of 5 stars not perfect, December 28, 2008
H. Yu (West Lafayette) - See all my reviews
I bought this unit for my nokia E61i. But it turns out I should have bought some simple one, e.g. AD-15.

First of all, my E61i do not have a FM.

Secondly, I don't use the volume buttons' the line of this unit and my earplug always get twisted.

The last but the most important, whenever my phone switch from one song to another one, a big noise come out from the earplug, it's terrible annoying.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Product for What it Does, May 29, 2008
I've been using this adapter combined with my Nokia N73 for about a year now, and I've enjoyed it's use. I have a few problems with it though.

1. Cord is too long.
2. Clip is fairly easy to break.

At this point in time, I'm using this adapter with no clip, so I just shove it into the same pocket with my phone. The bad part about that is that I keep on accidentally hitting the volume button while biking.

If I were to have a perfect adapter, I wouldn't have to use one..! (Waiting on a more affordable N82..) But really, I'd want it to be the size of the plug that clips into the bottom of the phone, have the 3.5mm jack on it, while at the same time still allowing you to use the microphone. It'd take away the cable problem, and just about everything else.

I recommend it for what it is and for it being the only handy choice out there at the moment. It's like the 2004 election. People weren't voting for John Kerry. They were voting against Bush!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome adapter for music, October 13, 2008
I use this with Nokia 6126 (eventhough it's not listed as a supported phone), and it's perfect. It lets me connect my phone to my car stereo through Philips USA PH-62050 CD/MP3/MD-To-Cassette Adapter. In my husband's car, I use an FM transmitter to send music from my phone to the radio through this adapter, and it works fine as well. Don't know what I would do without this adapter, 'cause my 2-year old son always requests his favorite songs in the car, and this way, I always have them ready to go from my phone.
Also tried hooking up my phone to our old stereo at home through this adapter and a Belkin Audio Y Cable Splitter 1-Mini Plug/2-RCA Plugs (6ft), and it's prefect.
Good product, buy it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars For my N75, December 2, 2008
I bought it knowing it makes that cracking/popping sound whenever you switch a program on/off (ie, radio or mp3). This is nothing new since it happens even with their pop port headphones (with those super uncomfortable earphones). So it's a pop port issue which is not specific to this item.

I also know the cord is pretty long which is good because I can keep the phone far away while I watch my slingbox. Or listen to the radio/mp3 while running.

Just don't like that it didn't have any controls for the mp3 player (pause/play/ ffw/rew). The volume rocker is there, tho, so that's good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally got what I was looking, February 24, 2009
I was looking for good headset for my Nokia 6085 so that I can use the phone set as an alternative to mp3 players. I saw this product in decent deal on this site. I am quite happy with this product specially the sound quality for the price.
Pros: nice sound quality, no disturbance by body static... easy to use.
Cons: the earphone which goes round the neck.. sometime it's irritating as it has to be searched because the earphone gets lost on my backside.
Over all, this is a good deal and stuff to have for nokia 6085

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price, September 22, 2007
A Kid's Review
I recently bought this product and found it to be pretty good for what it does. The plus side is that you can connect your own headphones to it. However, the minus side is the sound quality of the microphone. It tends to lack in some of the higher frequencies. This could very well be because this product was the first of its kind that NOKIA designed. But, I think overall, it's a good product. Further more, I would not buy it directly from them (NOKIA). It's not worth $29+.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good for the money, January 30, 2008
S. Rose (DC metro area, USA) - See all my reviews
Like some of the other reviewers, I am disappointed in Nokia for using their proprietary "pop-port" for headsets. In addition, the Nokia branded headset I bought had poor sound quality and were uncomfortable to wear more than 5 minutes. So I bought this and so far it's good.

Pro: cheaper than Nokia or bluetooth headsets, cable extension, plug has clip for clothing

Con: longer cord than necessary, sound quality not perfect.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›