nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals BestoftheYear Outdoor Deals on HTL Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more

on May 22, 2009
This headset is:
Easy to wear
Easy to pair up
Quick to charge
True to its range
Clear if not slightly hollow sounding on other end

This headset is not:
Feature rich - two buttons and a single light with 3 colors for status
Easy to break - it has some plastic, but case is aluminum and feels solid
Easy to wear for extended periods - but I have sensitive ears

I like this headest for its simplicity and style. It is not thick like other headsets and doesn't require an ear clip if it fits in your ear canal ok. It does include two extra covers to help fit your ear. If you still require security, an ear clip can be added via a loop wire and plastic adapter but it is not a very stylish addition.

It only takes 1 hour to charge using either a desktop brick, ala iPod, or a simple plug adapter. It recharges from the front in what I can only imagine is a combination speaker and charger recepticle (3-prong). When you turn it on, the LED shows a green light showing power. It quickly changes to a fast blue flashing light showing that it is ready to pair. Once paired, it will flash blue once every 10 seconds or so. When you want to turn it off, simply press the universal button on the side and hold for 4 seconds. A red light shows that it is turning off. There is a button on the side for volume (rocker style but molded as a single button).

The clarity is nice on the speaker end. People I talk to say that I'm clear but sometimes sound slightly hollow or echoey. I tested the range from my phone out to 28ft clearly. Could still talk past that but you can tell the signal is breaking up.

As far as comfort, this may be a personal area. After 1 1/2 hours of talking on it, I just had to remove it. My ear felt very irritated, much like wearing in-ear headphones for too long. Some of this was the back part of the headset (the black part) that touches my ear slightly as I wear it. I have never had it fall out by itself and I do not use the ear clip. I also do not need to turn it all the way up to hear the other party clearly, which is nice.

I am an iPhone 3G user and I recommend this headset for people who want a simple, light, clear headset. I have yet to test windage and background noise at this time. My biggest complaint is that the headsets ringtone is the Nokia sound only.
on October 2, 2009
Fitting: It's a very light and slim, and most weight is distributed on top half the headset. So it can fit very securely in my ear without using the earhook. The earhook is made of aluminum as well, so it is ridged and thin. And it goes very well with my glasses. I prefer not using the hook.

Functions: Simple design, no extra function. Only dial last number works. It has no disconnecting function and does not support multi connect, so you have to disconnect it manually from your phone in order to connect to 2nd device. Powering on and off are very quick. Charging is quick. Very stable bluetooth connection with both my phone and computer.

Audio: Adequate audio quality. You'd probably not to use it in a noise enviroment. Voice is clean and neutral, but you can hear noise very clearly as well.

Other thought: USB charging cable is sold separately. No clip.
on June 18, 2009
After trying quite a few that just didn't make the cut, I opted to try this one. It's very light and easy to use and the clarity on it is great. People hear me clearly on the other end also. I just can't get a good fit into my ear. The speaker portion is too big and even with the other ear rubber covers, it doesn't shrink the size of the speaker piece. I could not use this without the loop and even with that, a quick turn of the head loosens the grip. I find myself constantly adjusting or tightening the loop around my ear again to keep it in place. I like it, but am not happy with it's inflexibility in fit.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 6, 2009
In a headset line up, Nokia is the clear winner. This tiny guy has lots of style. Because of the small size, I was initially worried about the sound quality, which was great, but in loud environments (i.e. under the airport speakers) the listener could really hear the background noise - I'm not sure if any headset can completely block out those super loud airport announcements.

Love the fit and found the functionality to be intuitive. Because its so small I was really worried about losing it but Nectar's headset holders are great. I got one of the crystal necklace ones. When I wear around my neck, people think the headset is jewelry. Way to add some much needed style to this category!
on September 19, 2009
I use this bluetooth headset with my Blackberry 8350i with BoostMobile.

Very small
Very stylish ( really looks cool !! )
Nice charging cradle
Good sound
Pairs easily
Nice charger
Holds in my ear good

You will love it. It is worth every penny.
on November 21, 2011
I bought this product in March 2010. It is worth its value.
I'll tell you what's gonna happen with yours throughout time after continued use:

First, the carry strap will tear apart. Its rubber material is not very durable. I figured out a way to use some other necklace material to replace it. No big deal.
After that, the two-legged clip in the carry strap broke. There I had a problem. I still wanted to wear the Bluetooth, around my neck, as it was supposed to be. There I had to think harder. I figured out a way to replace the clip with a small wire. I know it is not very elegant, but with the earpiece on, no one would notice it.
Finally the charging stand stopped working. I tried cleaning the contacts with no success. Anyway, I still have the charger adapter which works perfectly.
Why am I giving five stars to this product? Well, though I've had several setbacks since I bought it, the Bluetooth still works as the first day. I really like it and people have admired it in many occasions. It charges really fast and its battery lasts for really long time. I still carry it around my neck which is really handy when driving both for making and answering calls.
I recommend it!
on June 19, 2013
The battery gave out after a few years, but i enjoyed using this headset more than any other (with exception to the Nokia BH-900). The build quality is fantastic, a very solid, sleek aluminum, and it's very tiny to boot. The battery also had a good amount of standby time and the call clarity was always fantastic despite it being such a small device, it consistently picked up my voice

That... and it was the only nokia bluetooth headset i used that used micro usb to charge it which i felt was a big step up from the proprietary charger used on their other BH headsets (mostly if you lose the charger). After some amount of time it would start to slip out of my ear (about an hour), and i was never really able to get a comfortable fit in my right ear, that... and you needed either the stand or a cap to get it to charge, you couldn't directly plug the micro usb into the headset. This probably reduced the size but if you misplaced or forgot the stand or charging cap it was an annoyance.

I would still, without hesitation, buy this headset again, it has been great for me.
on June 5, 2011
I am updating this glowing review. I liked this headset so much I bought three of them. Now after just over six months the batteries seem to be running out on them. That must be why the price is dropping so fast. I think I paid $99 for my first one. Now on all three when I put them into the charger the light does not come on. Sometimes I can fiddle with it and get it into charging mode. Sometimes not. I have the same problem with the car chargers and the desk charger in my house. This may be a good deal for $39 but don't expect them to last long.

I called Nokia support and they gave me an address where I can send the units at my expense so they could look at them and decide what they will do if anything.

I have tried nearly a dozen bluetooth headsets and this is the best. It reminds me in size and function of the black Apple headsets that worked with the first iPhones. Small size gives a comfortable fit in the ear and battery seems to stay all day for me. I have ordered an extra so I can keep on e in my car.
on August 30, 2010
I got this about 6 months ago and use it on a daily basis for work. It fits in my ear great and I do not even use the over the ear clip. I put it in my ear and it stays. I have even used it in the gym. Every person's ear is different, but this one fits me perfectly. My favorite feature is the necklace that mine came with and clips into. I have lost or crushed headsets before. loose them momentarily on my desk or whatever. With the necklace, I clip it in and it is always right there. It does not look too weird either. I am not a jewelry guy, so it too some getting used to having something around my neck like this. I have gotten many compliments on it even after I had to tell them what it was because no one thinks it is a headset. Sound quality I am told from coworkers is great. Even when driving in the car it works and sounds great.

So overall, I am very happy with this headset. Like I said, I use it on a daily basis for the past 6 or so months.
review image
on April 16, 2010
This headset is a treat, really tiny and light, fits into your ear comfortably, without having to attach any restrainer. Charges really fast, and has enough talk-time to go (about 4 hours talk, and 150 hours standby). Range is a little limited compared to the larger headsets, but is adequate for your typical cell-phone usage. Voice clarity is good at user's end, and good (if slightly hollow sounding) at the other end.

Not perfect given its limitation of range and talk-time, but still lovely given the convenience of size, lightness and really fast charging. Absolutely recommended!