Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on January 9, 2012
I've spent many hours researching map apps for my kindle fire. This one is far superior to other apps I have looked into. Very user friendly with many options to choose from. I like the fact you can tap on the screen to pick up surrounding attractions that link to various web sites. GPS snd travel options are also a big plus. My only draw back to this would be that it does take a little longer on the fire and is just a tad slower, it may be my settings. Overall I recommend this app.
0Comment33 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2012
I was really happy with Nokia Maps on my N8. It's amazing to use it again on my HTC Desire.
0Comment16 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 29, 2012
I couldn't get it to work well on my k.f. Some of the icons didn't seem to do anything when I tapped on them and I couldn't zoom in properly. Mapquest works much better.
on November 20, 2012
I'm a map lover. I have glimpse, bing, my tracks, google earth, google map, baidu map installed on my phone. I have also used Nokia maps on Nokia X6, google maps on Nokia E71x. I also use map apps a lot on my Nexus 7, and also on my desktop and laptop.

Can't believe how slow Here performed on my Samsung Galaxy S3. When I move the map, it often goes to blank and completely stops loading. My internet connection works perfect for other apps! The resolution it provides on my display is horrible like it's intentionally blurred to not let you see vector maps clearly! Somehow it feels like putting a web page on a wrapper app and then it's done which could explain the lack of details in this app.

When I browsed around my school, changes that happened in the past 3 years are not showing up. The satellite data is also 2 orders of magnitude less detailed than google maps. And I can see by comparing with Google data that they're at least 3 years ago's data. The backend data has not been updated for a long time. BTW, my school is in a big city...

And saving offline map is horrible. The larger map data you wish to save, the lower details you get, meaning it will not show you a map at road level if you save the whole state. This is frustrating. What's more, "when you save a new map, your last saved map will be overwritten".

This map is setting a record of lower bound for how bad a map application can be. It's even worse than the Symbian old time map.
on September 27, 2012
This is truly an awesome app. I like the turn by turn voice and text guidance. And offline mode allows you to pre download the maps and drive without having to use your data plan. I love it. Thanks Amazon and thanks Nokia. :)
0Comment11 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2012
The app has been updated with Nokia's mapping new brand, HERE, and with some great features like collections.
The positioning issues noticed on Kindle Fire with the Nokia Maps version have been fixed.

Routing functionality is great with the different modes.
Traffic information is useful as well.
on November 16, 2012
Finally a useful map application for Kindle Fire. Great search and directions functionality. View traffic, public transit lines, etc. Really useful place details like pictures, reviews, opening hours, etc.
on May 21, 2012
Pretty useless on the Kindle Fire. Nokia Maps positioning doesn't work on the Kindle Fire. Having to manually position myself on the map in order to conduct local searches is a non-starter for me.
on November 14, 2012
the satellite pics , in my area at least, were over 6 years old. plus, the app just stalled out, hung, was basically useless on my new kindle fire hd. disappointing.
on November 22, 2012
I am using a Samsung S3 and the map loads but when you pinch to zoom it turns into a white screen and there is no recovery. You must restart the app.