5.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect
Seriously, you cannot buy a better smartphone at this price. I purchased mine at my local corporate AT&T store for $99 during the pre-sale. I received the phone on Friday the 6th and as someone who has had Blackberry's, Windows Mobile (old versions), several Android devices and even tried an iPhone for a while, this is the best phone I have ever used.

The...
Published on April 8, 2012 by K. Struck

3.0 out of 5 stars Former Android and iPhone user. One of the best phones you haven't tried
I am a long time Android user and have had at least five Android phones including original Galaxy S, G2X and Galaxy S2. I would consider myself a power user having tried many custom roms including CyanogenMod, software mods, Voodoo Sound, and themes on my Android phones. Android is the best for those that love customizing their phones. You can customize pretty much...
Published on May 7, 2012 by audigy

‹ Previous | 19 10 1146 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have a Life, this is for you!, April 12, 2012
Joel (Newark, NJ, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I've been an iPhone user since the first iPhone came out and I was never into trendy apps because I barely have time to workout let alone play with Apps on my phone for an extended period of time. I decided that the iPhone 4 would be my last iPhone since it was getting boring and the 4S just brought a software upgrade to the table in the form of Siri, which IMO could have been on the 4, instead of buying a new phone for minor upgrades.

On to the review, I travel a lot and for the last 6 months have been playing with an LG Quantum phone in order to prep myself for my first WP purchase during my flights and stuff. Luckily for me Nokia released this bad boy just in time for my upgrade.

This phone is everything I ever needed in a phone below I will give my pros and the 2 cons that I have about this phone.

Pros
Office - This is great since now, I can read over documents that were loaded to Office 365 and even make some minor corrections and I even created a One Note checklist for my team to accomplish on the first day I received the phone.

LTE - So fast and since I'm based out of New York, it's very good coverage when I'm home.

People App - I can click on a contact and see my whole history with that person aside from having a lot of options to contact them. When I click on my business partner, I can see all the emails and texts they have sent me, which cuts me having to search for his emails.

Zune Pass - Better than iTunes anyday.

Pin Groups - I have a group of people on my team pinned to my desktop and I can see their info and im able to quickly send texts to just that group. I also have one of my family and can see their updates on Live Messenger and all that.

Easy to Use - Im a computer engineer by trade but I notice that everything is very easy to use not just for me but for my wife also, whos not a tech person.

Information at a glance - I can see the weather, stocks, exchange rates, all without having to open any apps.

Design and build - The design is very nice and the chasis is top quality, I've already dropped my phone a couple of times and dont live in fear anymore of drops like I was with the Glass iPhone, I also dont need a tactical case, Like I did with the iPhone.

Nokia Support - They gave me $100x2 for not having problems on both my phone and my Wife's, since we didnt even have that data problem. Way to go Nokia.

Finally here are the Apps that I need to get work done and kill time on a flight or delay:

WeatherFlow
Weave - Newsreader
USAA - Banking App
Pageonce - Financial management App
Adobe Reader
Kayak
Nokia Maps
Translator

Games - I only need them when I really have nothing to do which is rare.
Call of Carlos
Wordament
Monopoly
WordFeud

Cons although minor for me:

No Auto rotate off option
Could use more Apps, but I knew that before purchasing so its a non issue.

That's my review and I hope it can help another person like me that does not live on their phones and need a Smartphone thats fast and snappy with everything.

Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent phone, very happy, April 11, 2012
C. Reid (Palo Alto, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I picked up a black Lumia 900 at an AT&T store today because they were sold out of blue. AT&T is crediting my first bill by $100 to make up for a networking issue that's already fixed on the phone I just got, so the device ends up being free on a 2-yr contract and works great. It's an amazing deal, this phone seems much nicer than my wife's iPhone 4S. Big clear screen, nice look and feel, really fast, super fast 4G LTE, great email, and nearly all of the apps I want. I couldn't find Pandora or Wells Fargo apps, but aside from that I don't understand the big fuss about there "only" being 50,000 apps for this phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars love my lumia 900, April 11, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I have used Apple 4S and Android Samsung galaxy. I find the MSFT OS to be easier, and love the metro tiles.
I love my new Lumia

5.0 out of 5 stars No regrets switching from iPhone to Lumia, April 9, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Love all aspects of the hardware and the fact that I can do everything I need fast. I'm in and out of the phone fast and I like it that the information that is most important to me is surfaced to the top. A few missing apps and I hope that Microsoft and Nokia will work hard to get those filled quickly!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best phone I ever had, April 9, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
As many reviews have been written today, I don't want to repeat a lot (and can spend more time with the Lumia 900, which I got two days ago). ;)

Let me start by saying that I already owned a lot of Android devices (Samsung & LG), iPhones (3 & 4s) and also Nokia devices (e. g. E71, E7/N8 and now for one month the Lumia 800 which - in contrast to the Lumia 900 - has a 3,7' display, no front-facing cam and does not support LTE).

The Lumia 900 is the best device I ever had due to
-> a fantastic and very sexy hardware (curved body, impressive display with enormous colors and great resolution)
-> LTE!!! (now I browse the web a lot faster than with my iPhone)
-> very intuitive and fast operating system
-> nice exclusive Nokia apps (I can recommend ESPN & CNN [and am wondering why there is only a beta version of Skype?)
-> good battery
-> great Carl Zeiss 8MP-camera

I don't think that there is a better smartphone out there...definitively not for $100.

Great to have you back in the ring, Nokia. Keep on going!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best phone ever, April 9, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
This thing looks amazing. The best smartphone built in ages.

I like the true Offline navigation option, along with the fully supported Nokia Maps

The color options are amazing. Feels good in the hand.

I bought two Lumia 900s one in black for me and one in cyan for my wife.

5.0 out of 5 stars NokiaDrive and SkyDrive are both so nice, April 9, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
got my blk Lumia 900 last Friday through preorder, and tried these 2 Drive over the weekend.

Nokia Drive is so smooth, accurate, fast and with great detail, even better than my Garmin 900. the speed limit alert works just perfect. the best part, it allow you to pre-load maps for the state you are liveing or will be travelling to (from wi-fi), so it will be free/fast on your way and all the way (even places with no wireless data), while iPhone/Android GPS will rely on data communication, slow, unreliable and cost tones of data usage. this is a killer that top all half million iPhone apps.

the SkyDrive is a real cool cloud service that comes together. it not only easily store pic/video/doc, (uploading is so fast, 85 M video, done in 1 minute). it can also let u controll all the Apps installed, help you locate where is your phone if you misplace it, and even allow you erase all data / setup in your phone if it cannot be retrieved.

what a great Drive!

a little more background info, do you that for most of the data driven phone Apps (need data from none-http / none-browser mode, it is windows server MS .Net applications' web services that are serving up the data? (php is not up to delivering webservice and Java servers are too much trouble to set even a simple web service while MS.Net are born with this modern tech of webservice). chase.com web banking is done with .Net on windows server, I was heatbroken when I saw chase site only serving iphone/android apps (even though their default mobile is working just fine with windows phone). with all the cool technologies Microsoft developed for the servers, they deserve a piece of market share on the phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful (Art) & Smart (Light) = Lumia, June 4, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Nokia picked the appropriate name 'Lumia' (Art with Light, coined by Thomas Wilfried, 20th century artist) for this phone. It is a beautiful piece of hardware wrapped around a very smart, slick and lightning fast operating system (Windows Phone). Highly personable (live tiles, people hubs), consistent user interface (across all apps), unique features (FM radio, Tethering, Office/Social-media integration, Nokia Maps works offline) make it at minimum competitive to the iPhone in those aspects but what makes it distinguishable is the superior PHONE/NETWORK functionality and quality (clear calls, no drops, great speakerphone, superior compliance to network speeds and bandwidth), which was always meant to be the primary characteristic of any cell-phone. Don't tell that to an iPhone or Android customer, sshhhh...

Nokia and Microsoft are onto something here, blending their strengths to create a magical device. And the price itself is unanimous invitation. I dared to get the Cyan (Blue) color and I feel like someone who drives a new uber-styled sports car in a town dulled by uninspiring boxy lookalikes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nokia Lumia 900 Review, May 3, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I really like this phone. It's not perfect but its worth checking out. Has a premium look and feel. After update have not run into any real problems with usage. HOWEVER....be aware that your hotmail password CAN NOT be a long one. I had a 17 character password and was prevented from getting into hotmail or syncing. I'm currently using a 9 character password. If you are getting a message that says "your e-mail or password is not correct", and you SURE it is, suggest making sure its not more than 9 or so characters long. Unfortuneatly Microsoft neglects to mention this!!! Spent hour on phone with tech support and 2 hours with salesman at ATT store, before the salesman stumbled across this little tidbit on the internet!
Still I highly recommend this phone!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best phone for the typical Gen Y person, April 18, 2012
Viet (Springfield, VA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I'm not much of a power user when it comes to phones. However, I do use it to somewhat most of its capabilities. Initially starting off with an iphone for its simplicity, I opted for an Android for the more customizability. After using these different mobile OSs, some glaring issues pop out, namely the OSs being on the extremes of simplicity and customizability. For my own personal uses, the Windows Phone OS fits a happy median between the other OSs. With Palm being out of the picture, there are no other major competitors that fill that middle ground.

As for the hardware itself, the phone is sleek and simple. It is bigger than I expected, being larger than any previous phone I've owned. Although its a single core, it performs like a champ and I haven't had any issues with crashes or freezes. From a moderate user's standpoint, the OS and phone is visually appealing while being aesthetically and operationally simple. If you're tired of iphones and androids, take a stroll with a Windows Phone, particularly the Lumia 900 and you'll be pleasantly surprised.

‹ Previous | 19 10 1146 | Next ›