5.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect
Seriously, you cannot buy a better smartphone at this price. I purchased mine at my local corporate AT&T store for $99 during the pre-sale. I received the phone on Friday the 6th and as someone who has had Blackberry's, Windows Mobile (old versions), several Android devices and even tried an iPhone for a while, this is the best phone I have ever used.

The...
Published on April 8, 2012 by K. Struck

3.0 out of 5 stars Former Android and iPhone user. One of the best phones you haven't tried
I am a long time Android user and have had at least five Android phones including original Galaxy S, G2X and Galaxy S2. I would consider myself a power user having tried many custom roms including CyanogenMod, software mods, Voodoo Sound, and themes on my Android phones. Android is the best for those that love customizing their phones. You can customize pretty much...
Published on May 7, 2012 by audigy

‹ Previous | 111 12 1346 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars My first phone upgrade surprise, April 12, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I was in the mall and decided to stop in the ATT store to see when I was available for an upgrade. I liked my LG Quantum, but I rarely used the physical keyboard and the screen was smaller and darker than I'd like. I was told I could upgrade and was looking for a "middle of the road" option for an upgrade. While the Samsung Note appealed to me because of the use of the stylus, it was just too large to consider holding to my ear. Then I saw the signs for the Lumia and after playing with it for 30 seconds, I was sold.

It might be lame to say, but it *feels* good. I thought it might be too large, but it just feels like a solid piece of electronics and being thinner than the Quantum, the increase in the other dimensions doesn't bother me. The screen is a world above my old phone...not just in size, but color and clarity. It's beautiful.

I could say it's faster, but I really can't tell. My old phone felt just as fast as this one. Maybe starting apps and switching to the camera is faster, but I haven't pulled out a stopwatch. This might sound bad, but it's a good thing.

The Nokia driving apps are nice, but I think visual voicemail is my favorite feature. I might actually listen to my voicemail now!

Anyway, I wasn't really looking for much when I was planning to upgrade, but this phone is pretty, fun to use, and I got it at a steal. I was looking for middle of the road, and this really feels like it's that "flagship" for 100 dollars.

Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Phone, May 22, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
The phone is looks beautiful, feels great in your hands and is easy to use. Different profiles of the same person are easily linked so as to be viewed in one place. The integration of various caladers in one place (including Facebook) is also a great feature. The Gorilla glass is scratch resistant and unbreakable. The screen is also easily viewable in sunlight. The phone is amazingly smooth and incredibly fast. Last but not least, the call quality and reception is great. The speaker is also of very high quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best smartphone device that has worked perfect in all areas., May 15, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I have used pretty much all the smartphone OS (Android, IOS, BB, WP7). Many times if not the OS the device had failed to work on several tasks in the past. For example: My Samsung Vibrant would always fail to register for GPS. My iPhone connection would drop and the reception was sometimes so crappy that I had to forget that I was using a phone. Then I used G2X as being the fastest android on its times (Dual core etc). Soon I figured that dual core doesn't matter to run the phone faster. I switched to SGSII to and still the same result. The screen of SGS2 was horrendously over saturated.

I saw Lumia 900 when I was at Best Buy. The phone's UI and hardware was fluid and everything worked as expected. 1 Week later I bought Lumia 900 phone. I was little skeptical of buying any new phones as I was tired of every smartphone tending to slow down over time. Btw, G2X was crazy slow just after few weeks.

I am using this phone as my daily driver and I am so amazed that it has worked in every area . GPS, directions, yelping, emails, sync, social accounts and much more. I just don't have anything to complain about this phone except one thing, Camera. Camera is not as great as I expected from Nokia. I have used Nokia phones before and their camera quality is comparable to Digital Cameras but not this one. I have the purple tint problem on most of the images that I click through this phone. This is specifically for the images taken from the camera. Nothing related to screen display. The fix is to basically click on "Auto-Fix" after you click the picture. This should fix the issue. But hey, I don't use camera every day, so I am fine with it. If I take all the features and camera issue in to consideration, this phone is by far the best device I have used as a smartphone. There are always few minor things that might bother other people but comparing those to other smartphone issues is absolutely nothing. I would give this phone a perfect 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top of the Line and Windows, Too!, May 9, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I recently purchased two Nokia Lumia 900s, and we are completely satisfied with the choice. Using this phone is just like using a Windows OS computer -- your e-mail, photos, and favorite websites are all just a tap away.

I am told by people I call that the phone sound clarity is very adequate (I am understating the case -- I was told it is "perfect" including over the SYNC system in our SUV). We were able to port our phone numbers from our old carrier -- just be sure AT&T has your correct information from your former carrier account. We did have a glitch, but AT&T quickly fixed things. AT&T also solved other problems in a way that was very beneficial to us. I cannot speak too highly of both their tech support and billing employees. They have been superb!

Bear in mind that if you are used to smaller flip phones, for example, the size of this baby takes a little getting used to; however, this slight impracticality is outweighed by all of the things this phone can do.

There are apps for everything under the sun, and many, many are free. We are using GasBuddy, WeatherBug, FastFood Nutrition, and Lotto, to name a few.

Our data package with AT&T gives each of us 3Gig of data per month. We are averaging under 10Meg a day, so we are well on course. When we use a WiFi network, we get unlimited data use and no usage charge against the 3Gig allotment. We may be able to cut back to a 300Meg plan and save on the monthly charges. (If any of this turns out differently over time, I will update this section of my review.)

If you are looking to take the next step in hardware, I am confident that you will be very happy with this choice. The AT&T-Nokia-Microsoft relationship is a good one for us customers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, May 8, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I'm the owner of Lumia 800, which already would get 4.5 stars from me but then I had chance to use this phone 1 week and I can tell that this is the best mobile phone I have ever used or even tried.
Outlook is awesome, design is marvellous. Phone is working very fast and I like WP OP system.
So this phone is definitely worth a buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nokia and Windows are the BEST smartphone experience on the market today, May 7, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I love my Lumia 900. The screen pops colors better than any Samsung. It connects to WiFi much faster and steadier than my old iPhone and Android phone. The home screen with live tiles is SO easy and intuitive to navigate. My 84 year old Aunt got the hang of it in minutes. I may have to end up getting her one. This phone is FAST....the ATT 4g speeds are great and the actual phone OS when transitioning from one task to another is fast, fluid and beautiful. It has absolutely no lag. The 16 gigs of storage are more than enough and I can post pictures and comments to Facebook and Twitter faster and easier than any other phone I've ever owned. There are 80,000 apps already and still growing. You also get 7 gigs of personal Cloud Storage via Skydrive and can have the phone automatically upload any pic you take to the cloud so that your phone doesn't have to use memory. Plus, in Skydrive, you can give access to your friends to see your photos in the cloud whenever they want. Very cool.

I love the color (Cyan) and the build feels modern and solid. Everyone who sees it want to play with it and then they want to get one.
The camera is fine for a phone and once you play with the settings and lock them in, you'll love the pictures it takes. Zune is a fantastic and beautiful music player. For only $99 there is no better phone. Android is a mess of viruses and clutter and the iPhone is a nice phone but you have to buy an entire Apple ecosystem to support it. If you are looking for a new experience, a safe experience, a fun experience and a phone that is easy, fun and beautiful then I highly recommend you go into an ATT store and play with this phone. You'll buy one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast!, April 27, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
My wife has an iphone and my Lumia 900 is soooo much faster. I'm not kidding. You should check it out at a nearby store if you don't believe me. I also like the size of the screen. When I use the iphone, everything seems so much smaller. Another plus is the battery life. It lasts in average a day and half on average. I am getting a lot of "Which phone is that?" because of the sleek design (maybe b/c of the blue color).

5.0 out of 5 stars Nokia has done well, April 16, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I have no doubt this phone will last until it's time to upgrade and then some. It feels solid and looks good. I came from using webOS which I still love; iOS and Android weren't my thing, but WP7 makes me happy. If you aren't tied to Google or Apple yet, or if you're unhappy with what you have, I strongly recommend getting this phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Smartphone Out There, April 16, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I recently purchased the Nokia Lumia 900 and have only positive things to say about it. It does everything I would want a smartphone to do and it does it all very quickly. I switched from a Blackberry Bold 9000 and the Lumia 900 is in a different league. The windows operating system is the best out there. Its very intuitive and functions seamlessly. I had no problems synching my email accounts. The battery life also seems to be very strong and the phone can easily get through a full day of heavy use. I would recommend this phone to anyone looking for a fast, easy to use smartphone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the wait, April 13, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I've bought the cyan and black. The battery life is amazingly great even with LTE. The app selection is sufficent. Most everything I do every day is already built in the OS. I found myself using less going into the battery sucking apps to do simple tasks. Also the Facebook app beautiful on this phone. This app is updated more often than the phone OS out there.

‹ Previous | 111 12 1346 | Next ›