5.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect
Seriously, you cannot buy a better smartphone at this price. I purchased mine at my local corporate AT&T store for $99 during the pre-sale. I received the phone on Friday the 6th and as someone who has had Blackberry's, Windows Mobile (old versions), several Android devices and even tried an iPhone for a while, this is the best phone I have ever used.

The...
Published on April 8, 2012 by K. Struck

3.0 out of 5 stars Former Android and iPhone user. One of the best phones you haven't tried
I am a long time Android user and have had at least five Android phones including original Galaxy S, G2X and Galaxy S2. I would consider myself a power user having tried many custom roms including CyanogenMod, software mods, Voodoo Sound, and themes on my Android phones. Android is the best for those that love customizing their phones. You can customize pretty much...
Published 23 months ago by audigy

‹ Previous | 112 13 1446 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible design simple software, April 12, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Windows phone is the most intuitive OS on the market and the Nokia hardware is the best look and feel since the iphone 4, but I would say it is even better with a beautiful large screen. Regardless if you are looking for your first smart phone or have had several this is the device you want in your pocket.

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% Satisfied, April 12, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
This phone is just amazing. Most of the CORE things we seek in a SmartPhone are so fluidly built into the OS itself that you don't need many apps. For the ones that don't exist like Pandora, I use wpFANDORA, which is awesome.
The NOKIA Build is just amazing, as compared to iPhone when you hold it and start using - just feels so solid and svelte. My favorite is the Live Tiles which show information without having to open and close apps one after the other - this definitely save a lot of time. To boot there is fluid integration with 25GB free storage on SkyDrive which actually make the overall storage to 41 GB. I can see all my albums from SkyDrive in my picture hub, which is one of my favorites. Also the camera is freaking awesome, if you are patient and learn how to take shoots. Only Anandtech took the time to review to the Camera on this phone and write a thorough review. I am not disappointed at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and shiny phones, April 11, 2012
J. Wang "Jane" (Mountain View, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I went to the local ATT store and noticed the standing out Lumia ad painted on their walls. I briefly played with the phone and they were nice. One thing I noticed that the skype app was missing and I was not able to find it on the marketplace. When I asked the salesperson, she just told me to go to marketplace to download it. I am not sure if she has been trained to sell the phone. I do see people buying these new phones. I am going to buy the cyan or black one for myself and a white one (when it comes out) for my wife.

5.0 out of 5 stars A phone Steve Jobs would have loved to have, April 10, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
If calls is what you miss most in your iPhone then this is the phone you need to have.
Remember the presentation Jobs gave about how all smart phones loose signals when held at certain position, well Nokia has done something which the biggest company in world couldn't do. Apart from everything which a smartphone does, this is a great phone too. This phone doesn't need diapers (phone cases) for it to work as a phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars iphone, this maybe the Phone of the people., April 16, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I have a iphone 4s it works well for me, and from all the pro apple and nokia hate I have heard on cnbc from Jim Cramer, I almost did not consider this phone for my wife. Thank goodness I listened to her, We saw it and bought it, and love it, what a wonderful breath of fresh air this system is! I hope we all have this phone and operating system as an option in the future, seems to me they are going to come up with some wonderful and interesting things. I am telling my friends, this value phone may be the phone of the people.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best smart phone!!!, April 29, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I had this Lumia 900 since April 6, and every day I found the surprise about it's abilities. I can open and edit Microsoft files, GPS is awesome and it's free, many other features can't name it all.... Thanks to Nokia and Microsoft that made my life easier! I could have give you more Star but there are only 5.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a Believer, April 19, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
While this may seem to some as another Nokia 900 user jumping on the bandwagon of 5 star reviews, I assure you it is sincere. I switched from an Apple 3Gs last week after my iphone would no longer hold a charge for over a couple of hours. Time to move on. I looked at the iphone 4 and 4s, some Samsung and HTC models, but the Lumia 900 seemed to be both a quality phone and a great deal. I've owned a Nokia in the past and really liked it. But the Lumia has blown me away. It is the first Windows OS phone I've had and I've got to say it is sweet. Fast, responsive, and easy to use. I don't do alot of surfing or music listening, but I do have several email accounts and need a sturdy,relaible phone. So far, the Lumia 900 has met my needs perfectly. The battery life seems superior, the set-up was fast and very easy, call reception is good, and I love the design and feel of the phone. I was a little wary it would be too big, but it is a very convenient phone to carry around.It has some weight to it, which I like, and the camera is awesome! Using Zune for downloads and transfers is okay, but I do wish more apps were available (I'm sure they will be as Windows OS catches on), but I have other devices with apps, so it's not a deal-breaker for me. Overall, The Nokia Lumia 900 has been a real joy to use and I see it as a phone I can use for a number of years without wanting to change because of problems. If you're wondering whether to give it a look, I would definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Phone, April 14, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
This is a great phone. I switched from an iPhone 4 to it. It can translate a menu written in a foreign language just by taking a photo of it! It has Siri-like integration built into it and it works very well for search and stuff. I can attach more than one attachment to an email.

My contacts are fully integrated with all their LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter information rolling up together in one view. Speaking of which, it takes 2 minutes to transfer all your contacts wirelessly via bluetooth to your new Nokia Lumia 900, all you need to do is download the free Nokia Contacts Transfer app that comes with the phone, pair and voila! I have ~3000 contacts, no glitches whatsoever. The phone has Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) built into the operating system. Nokia REALLY knows how to build the phone part of a smartphone, and it shows. Call reception quality is fantastic. No issues there. The screen isn't a retina screen like iPhones have, but its quality is very, very very good! In sunlight, the screen is unbelievably clear for use. I have most of the iPhone apps I'm used to, and all my music (my entire iTunes Library) from Google Music streams through an app called Cloudmuzik. No issues at all there. I miss Audible, Dropbox, GoodReader and Mint, but I know it's only a matter of time before they show up. I can be patient.

The software is very smooth, no lags or skips and the interface is beautiful. Battery life is long and trouble free. I'm not here to put down other phones. Buy what suits you, but this is a really good device from a company with a great reputation and 50% of all mobile patents, including most foundational ones on LTE technology. The camera is the only thing that hasn't lived up to expectations, it's not as good as an iPhone camera, particularly in low light situations. There's a pink haze at the center of the photo focus that persists, not sure why? I hope Nokia fixes this soon enough. Windows phone is a solid OS, and Nokia is a very reputable hardware maker. You can see that they collaborated thoughtfully to produce a great product. Did I mention the phone comes with free, fully downloadable, offline (you don't need to use data) turn by turn navigation in 60 languages with maps for 100 countries? Fantastic!

Seriously, Nokia have over-delivered for a $50 phone, but I guess they're like Avis, trying harder. The amazing thing is that even if you buy the phone outright, it costs only $450. Best value for money for an LTE smartphone.

SOFTWARE ISSUE FIXED!

I personally didn't experience the data connectivity issue reported, but on Friday April 13th, three days earlier than promised, Nokia shipped a software update that fixed the issue for those affected. You still get to keep the $100 they offered for the inconvenience as long as you bought the phone before April 21st, 2012. Below is the dedicated page with video and written instructions for how to fix the issue.
[...]

The issue was caused by a data memory overload problem in software that handles the SIM card. Nokia has set a new bar for responding to a problem with dedication and promptness, but if you're still unhappy and disappointed, you can return your phone to an AT&T store for a full refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars Windows Winning!, April 12, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I have had the latest android, skyrocket galaxy s, and I also have an phone 4. The Lumia is by far the best phone I have used. I am in love the platform and OS that Windows is using. I am not a fan of Android and iOS was the best in my opinion, the windows OS has impressed me. The 25 gb sky drive ( cloud) is my favorite feature. It uploads all my photos and docs directly to my iPad.

Best phone of 2012.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic phone. Great Interface., April 11, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I went to the local AT&T monday evening to pick up the Lumia 900. The phone works great its very fast. The battery life is good from what I can tell. I previously was using an iPhone 4S and needed a change. iOS is awesome but its nice to see a unique UI design. The interface actually grows on you, I've found that I can do things faster on the Lumia than on the iPhone.

The only thing I dislike is the limited 16gb of storage. Offering a variety of storage sizes would be better. The LTE is great, the connection over LTE is faster than Wifi. (13.63 vs 12.45 Mbps).

‹ Previous | 112 13 1446 | Next ›