5.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect
Seriously, you cannot buy a better smartphone at this price. I purchased mine at my local corporate AT&T store for $99 during the pre-sale. I received the phone on Friday the 6th and as someone who has had Blackberry's, Windows Mobile (old versions), several Android devices and even tried an iPhone for a while, this is the best phone I have ever used.

The...
Published on April 8, 2012 by K. Struck

3.0 out of 5 stars Former Android and iPhone user. One of the best phones you haven't tried
I am a long time Android user and have had at least five Android phones including original Galaxy S, G2X and Galaxy S2. I would consider myself a power user having tried many custom roms including CyanogenMod, software mods, Voodoo Sound, and themes on my Android phones. Android is the best for those that love customizing their phones. You can customize pretty much...
Published 23 months ago by audigy

‹ Previous | 113 14 1546 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars just so beautiful, April 11, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
It's just like that, every time I look at it, I think this thing IS beautiful and btw. others who look at it seem to think that, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Free through April 21st!, April 10, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Now through April 21st, any AT&T customer who purchases a Lumia 900 will receive a $100 rebate from Nokia -- effectively making the device free.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Fantastic, August 2, 2012
Ed Luhrs (Long Island, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I decided I wanted the Lumia 900 right now. I resolved that it was silly for me to wait for a new operating system that will cost three times as much up front and will remain just as expensive until spring of next year. So I gave my Android a rest and so far am extremely glad to be using this phone. It feels good to have given support to Nokia. They are innovators, but not the slickest marketers (which is why they're hurting, but I really believe they can bounce back.) What Nokia lacks in hot air, they make up for with pretty solid (albeit barebones) GPS navigation and fast, responsive hardware.

The Windows Phone 7.5 platform is an exceptional experience for me, despite some organizational and customization quirks. I almost stuck with Android for another two years but had the chance to go into a store and try the Lumia 900. If you are wondering how it works, find out yourself. I'm able to search the Internet incredibly well with IE/Bing (and Google of course.) The voice and optical recognition software are great touches. The resolution looks fine. The single core processor powers the device very well. The specs don't look wild on paper, but the thing moves along swiftly and the OS is not a totally nasty battery pig. Nokia's camera is intuitive and useful - macro settings, exposure settings, white balance etc. Long press and hit auto-fix to adjust light balance on the low light shots... works nicely along with the other Nokia imaging software available in the marketplace (and the new app Fhotoroom, which is also free and pretty incredible.)

What strikes me is how this phone has a 4.5 star rating on the average from so many people. Satisfied customers usually don't go out of their way to write a phone review in such numbers, the usual top-tier exceptions aside. The prospective Lumia 900 buyer at this point has a choice between listening to the market-savvy expertise of those who do not own the phone and what actual users have to say. The experts say wait for Windows Phone 8 or give dozens of reasons why Android and iPhone are currently better choices. What I chose to do is support Nokia NOW, and the phone team at Microsoft as well. The Lumia 900 will not be outdated until 20 months from now when my contract expires. It is working incredibly well and should continue to do so if all goes peachy. Applications will remain on the market for when I need them, and I'm sure the 7.8 update is going to be just fine. I'll aim to give an update about the update a few weeks from now in the comments.

I can't tell you whether to buy the 900 or wait; all I can say is with this many satisfied customers and the good bargains being offered, I did not care in the least about guru opinions regarding the next greatest thing. I care about having a product that I stand by. I stand by this. I'm surprised how much I like the Windows Phone platform - I never thought I'd get excited about anything by Microsoft, but I am excited about this. You might be surprised as well; see for yourself how this phone operates. By the way, reception and call quality? Yes, it performs really well on those fronts, and the phone interface looks especially excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!!!!!, June 16, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Ive had my Nokia Lumia 900 (cyan) for over a month, My old phone was an android Samsung Vibrant which seems so slow and clunky now. If you want a phone that does what it suppose too. with out tinkering with it, this is it, The Beta test is over! ,its still better than my android, also check out how many reviews are former I phone peeps. Windows is awesome never looking back. and addressing any issues on this phone updates are very fast from microsoft & Nokia.this phone is simple but Awesome, take it for a test spin you have 30 days. after 30 days you won't wanna give it up.( Update as of june 21, 2012 ) MS today gave us the low down about WP8 an WP7.5 will not be Part of it. But we still are getting an new update WP7.8 which is the new opening screen on WP8 with more choices of tile size an color. some apps may still be written so wp7.5 can still use them. the phone still rocks, but at this point you may want to hold out for release oF WP8 coming later this year.also Nokia is releasing some new apps for WP7.5 so its still good.

5.0 out of 5 stars A step above the rest!, June 5, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
The Nokia Lumia 900 is simply the best portable computer ever made. I describe it as a computer because calling this a phone doesn't describe 1% of what this device is capable of. The iPhone created the revolution for touch interfaces however the Lumia has taken this to a whole other level and for a fraction of the cost. Some of my favourite features are: Integration with social networks, XBOX, & SkyDrive. Live tiles, Nokia Drive & Nokia Music. This computer has a beautiful design and an interface that is easy and just simply works.

The best advice for those of you sitting on the fence is simply to just try one. I guarantee you will be impressed and won't look back. Microsoft & Nokia have reinvented themselves and I can't wait to see where they go from here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, great price, May 25, 2012
John B (Atlanta, GA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Upgraded from an iPhone 3GS. I found the speed of this phone to be a great improvement over the apple platform, and it blows away my wife's iPhone 4 in the speed of browsing, etc. I haven't missed any apps that I had previously, but I'm not a huge 'app' guy, mostly get the free ones...but I've found something equivalent to everything I had on my iPhone. Great user interface. Had some trouble at first with losing connectivity to the net, but the patch fixed it. My main wish is that it had more local storage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone., May 24, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Sleek and durable like all the Nokias I have owned in the past. It has already survived the deadly two-year-old drool and drop test which killed my iPod. Can't wait for Windows 8.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely love it, May 22, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I must say that I was a long time iPhone user (~ 4 years) and pretty happy with it. But it kind of starting boring and same UI since 2007. So whenever I went to at&t store, I tried Windows Phone. Initially I hated the live tiles and complained about so much wasted space. Android was out of the equation, so wasn't even thinking about it.
I finally made up my mind and got my lumia 900, I must says that I started loving it every bit. There are still few quirks but overall I like the simple interface, its fast (who needs quad core). Here are the few things I don't like
1) Wish google opens up there YouTube api to get native WP app. Talk about "Don't be evil" mantra :)
2) Back button sometimes gets stuck.
3) More quality apps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a high quality smartphone, May 12, 2012
R. L. Lewis (Tacoma, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I have a 10 year old unlocked Nokia cell phone that I have taken with me around the world. It just works everywhere, finding signal where others can't and producing crisp, loud sounds at my end and transmitting the same quality to my fellow caller. It is also sturdy and holds a charge for what seems to be weeks. My experience with this little Nokia is why I was so happy to hear they were returning to the US market with the Windows Phone OS. I purchased a Samsung Focus when Windows Phone was released and have really come to admire the OS. Based on my previous experience, I was prepared to ditch the Focus when the Lumia 900 was available, but I wanted to hold it for myself first and see if that legendary build quality and design was still something Nokia could pull off.

Before I go further, I like the Windows Phone OS. It is clever, intuitive, and fun to use. I think this OS is second to none. As much as I like Windows Phone, lots of other people have written lots of other words about the OS. This review is about the Lumia 900, the phone.

After using the Lumia 900 since it launched, I can safely say that Nokia still knows how to build phones. This is an outstanding device. I live in an area where AT&T has yet to provide LTE service, but I have no complaints at all about the pseudo 4G service I do receive. I've used the phone throughout the local AT&T coverage area and I routinely have great signal strength. I've had two dropped calls with this phone, but in each case, both me and the other party were in moving vehicles when that happened. I can't tell which of us may have been responsible for losing the call. Receiving volume on the phone is very good. I've heard no echo or delay effects and had none reported to me. The volume on the ringer is easily heard even in noisy settings. It is also a pleasure to listen to calls on the speakerphone. Again, there is ample volume and nothing raspy or harsh about the sounds the speaker produces. I've read criticism of the vibration generator in the Lumia 900. Some people say it feels harsh, even mechanical. What I've noticed about it is that this is a vibration you will notice when you have to have the ringer turned off. In a shirt pocket, even a jacket pocket, you will notice the vibrator. And that is the whole point isn't it?

The unibody design of the phone creates a feel that is a real pleasure. It is not slick or slippery at all. It is certainly heavier than the Focus S or other Samsung models, but I've discovered this added weight, combined with the matte finish, assists with gripping ability. The phone feels solid and real. There is nothing ephemeral about it. The great sound quality I mentioned above and the robust volume fit perfectly with the heft and feel of the device.

Years ago, Nokia was known for putting the power button of its phones on the top of the device, while most other devices used a long press of the call end button to power down the phone. Nokia has evolved away from that standard, but has come up with a new approach that appears all its own. All of the buttons on the Lumia 900 are on the right side. This is certainly different than the approach taken by many manufacturers. You may not like this but I think this approach works very well. Just grabbing the phone out of a pocket, you can easily tell its orientation without looking because all of the buttons should be on the right. The dedicated camera button requires a much firmer push than either the power or volume rocker. This helps prevent accidental shots inside your pocket or purse.

Nokia provides an ample collection of nice apps with the phone. Nokia Drive is an outstanding on and off line turn by turn navigator. This program is head and shoulders above anything available on Apple or Android devices. Other Windows Phone device makers customize their devices with apps as well, but compare Nokia's offerings with say, the HTC Hub or Samsung's NOW. There is no contest. If you aren't interested in a navigation program, there is a transit app, a photo studio app, and lots more.

I am very glad that Nokia figured out what it does best is design and market phones and has left the OS work to someone else. In the pre-smartphone era, they were my manufacturer of choice of my cell phones. There are good products out there from other manufacturers, but having Nokia back in the game in the US means good looking, well built, solid, and high performance devices are finally available to smart phone buyers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this phone!, May 11, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Finally a company that undertands that a smartphone is still a phone. The speaker on this phone is loud, so loud at high I can hear people talking without having the phone next to my ear! Didn't take too long to get used to the OS over my iPhone, love the look of the OS, makes iphone look like something out of the 80's. Windows Phone is not like the old OS, I hated that so buggy, this Windows Phone 7 has yet to crash on me! Super fast and stable. There are still things that I think need work in the OS, features I think are missing but overall the extra things it does over other smart phones is awesome.

My favorite feature is when I have the Lumia 900 paired to my car and driving I hear

Phone: Text message from Name do you want to read it or ignore it
Me; read it
Phone: Blah blah blah
Phone: Do you want to reply or ignore
Me: Reply
Phone: Say your message
Me; Blah blah blah
Phone: Blah blah blah, do you want to retry or send
me: Send

All without every putting a hand on my phone! Just one thing, like most smartphones, I don't think you would enjoy this phone without a data plan, it is very active to online, syncs contacts, facebook, linked in and provides real time updates which is awesome but you need a dataplan. Speaking of data OMG the phone is fast!

‹ Previous | 113 14 1546 | Next ›
ARRAY(0x9d7ad8dc)

Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T)
Click for more info