5.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect
Seriously, you cannot buy a better smartphone at this price. I purchased mine at my local corporate AT&T store for $99 during the pre-sale. I received the phone on Friday the 6th and as someone who has had Blackberry's, Windows Mobile (old versions), several Android devices and even tried an iPhone for a while, this is the best phone I have ever used.

The...
Published on April 8, 2012 by K. Struck

3.0 out of 5 stars Former Android and iPhone user. One of the best phones you haven't tried
I am a long time Android user and have had at least five Android phones including original Galaxy S, G2X and Galaxy S2. I would consider myself a power user having tried many custom roms including CyanogenMod, software mods, Voodoo Sound, and themes on my Android phones. Android is the best for those that love customizing their phones. You can customize pretty much...
Published 23 months ago by audigy

‹ Previous | 114 15 1646 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Smartphone Ever, May 9, 2012
Sonny Chiba (Malibu, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Gave up my Iphone 3gs. My wife has the Iphone 4. This phone intrigued me because of all the positive reviews from total Apple/Android fanboys. If THEY could love it...geez, okay, let's give it a try.
I get it. It's an amazing phone with fantastic build quality. The price is silly compared to everything else. MS/Nokia NEED this phone to succeed, so grab it while they're giving 'em away. The only other phone that caught my eye was the Galaxy Note, but that was $230 more up front. My phone was essentially free. And the Note is huge. Just this side of parody huge. Yes, the note has a larger screen and more powerful processor but... Keep in mind that phones with faster processors, bigger screens, etc. Suck more power and thus run down sooner. Besides, processor power is all relative to the OS. There is no lag or issues with this phone. Using the Zune software to load everything you need was soooo much easier than using Itunes. Nokia has a bluetooth contact migration app (free) that moved all 300 of my contacts from my Iphone to my Lumia 900 in about five minutes. Painless. If you're looking for a new phone and have an early adopters love of the unknown? Try it, you'll like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a beautiful experience, May 5, 2012
Parker (Indiana USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I bought the black one at first, and loved it. Feels solid, balanced, and of course has the elegant windows phone UI. But then the white one came along...the "StormTrooper" as they call it, and I couldn't resist and traded in for it. Then went and bought my son one as well. You won't be disappointed...not one bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone!!, April 23, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
This is my second Windows Phone. Prior phones were Samsung Focus, HTC EVO, Iphone 4, 3GS, and 3G. So far, no complaints. I really the WP7 User interface. The software is extremely fast and response is fluid. There are still a few apps that I wish were there, but it definitely isn't a deal breaker. Office and SkyDrive integration plus Local Scout is amazing. I wish there was a way to do a screen capture. Apparently. that feature was not a priority :(. I do wish this had a removable battery, because I used to keep a spare with my Focus. The battery life seems to be pretty good so far. The voice quality is the best I've ever had on any phone. Calls that would constantly drop on my Focus, or Iphone(s) maintain a strong signal without any drops in the usual suspect areas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Puts other phones to shame, April 15, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Coming from using iPhones (3GS, 4S) and Droids (HTC Inspire), I can't gush enough about how superior this phone is. I've owned this phone for close to a week now, and I have to admit that initially it took a little getting used to, the good news is that like an iPhone it's pretty intuitive to learn the features. For me the real power of the phone is in its ability to aggregate data from multiple places and present it all in the one place with the minimal number of touches to access it.

I have a number of accounts with various services; facebook, linked in, hotmail, gmail, outlook exchange for work etc. Adding each of these accounts to my phone was incredibly simple. Once added the OS does an amazing job of organizing things in a intuitive way. Want to find a photo? Just go to 'pictures' and voila, I get a list of photo albums with sample photos from all of my different accounts in one place. It doesn't matter where the photos reside...on my phone, from facebook etc. You can do the same with notifications, someone commented on a facebook post, I have a new text, I only need to look at my phone even when its locked to know what's going on.

A week later and I feel like it's features like this that put me in control of my information and make life so much easier. I'm not stuck in my phone digging around open and closing applications, a quick glance and I'm up to date.

I feel like this is a game changer from Microsoft, Nokia and AT&T. Here are my top reasons for loving this phone:

1. The windows phone 7.5 OS is really well designed, for instance when you go to photos, it aggregates your photos from the phone, facebook, gmail, hotmail, linked-in and any other accounts you might have all in to one easy to navigate list of albums. All features on the phone just make stuff super easy, I feel like I'm finally in control.

2. Setting up accounts is a snap

3. Live tiles show you updates without having to launch apps

4. The battery lasts about 36 hours under heavy use (my droid lasted less than 8)

5. The photos, video and screen are higher quality than an iPhone 4S

6. It's effectively free until April 21st!
[...]

7. It's blazingly fast(4G LTE) and incredibly smooth.

I will admit that the phone is a little bulky (especially with a case) and that there aren't as many apps as iPhones or Droids (there's more than I expected all the same). Netflix rocks, the only app I really miss is Mint (finances), but I'm sure that's in the works.

Buy one, you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Phone, April 13, 2012
Lorie Ayasse (Lees Summit, MO USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Solid phone. Very fast and customizable. Easy to use. Great operating system. No complaints what so ever. Best phone I have ever had.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Amazing, April 9, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I have owned Androids (EVO, Captivate, original Droid) and iPhones (3G, 3GS, etc) and I will never go back to either of those platforms after using Windows Phones 7. I have WP7 Samsung Focus, Samsung Focus Flash, HTC Trophy, and now the NOKIA Lumia 900. In my opinion Windows Phone OS is the best! It is buttery smooth with no lag or "force close" of apps and super fast. The OS is optimized so well that it out performs phones with dual cores and yet it has superior battery life. Microsoft redesigned this OS from scratch and every aspect was thought out so well (love the integration of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Messenger baked right into the OS...simply brilliant). The craftsmanship of the Lumia 900 is second to none right now in the smartphone world. I own a cyan one and the color just pops!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Phone, April 11, 2012
Mick (Boston, MA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Initially I thought no one can beat iPhone but change is static and this fone is amazing. Atleast you go to AT& T and see what it means to you. Truly Amazing 5 of us going to buy this 2 of us already did. I love you Nokia Lumia 900

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy choice and glad I did, April 18, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Bought this phone for my wife and sure glad I did. It took her less than a day and she was all about it, it was better in this way and better in that way... It's been extremely easy for her to up to speed and she hasn't missed a beat (moving from her iPhone to this Windows phone).

The Zune software has been so much easier to deal with than itunes ever had been - so much so she's already putting stuff on her phone by herself whereas I was still having to help her from time to time when dealing with itunes.

From start to finish this is by far an impressive phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best phone so far, April 18, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Have the Nokia Lumia 900 (black) now since 10 days and I have to say that I am loving it. I am coming from the iPhone 4S and and Samsung Galaxy SII, but think that the Nokia Lumia 900, which came free to me since I started a new contract with AT&T, is by far the best phone of those three and the best phone I had so far.

The construction of the phone is very solid and I am not afraid to break it. The unibody is great and does not seem to get scratched. The screen is great, maybe not a retina resolution but that is not necessary. So far, I never had problems with reading the screen even in bright daylight, the sun directly shining onto the screen. The back camera is good as well, at least in daylight and the front facing camera is awesome, the best I have had so far. Skype and Tango work great with it and my video chat partners say that the quality improved significantly.

Windows Phone 7.5 is so far also a great operating system. I don't mind that I only have 5 flashlight apps instead of 30. One good one would be enough for me. Furthermore, Nokia and Microsoft seem to be extremely fast with fixes. While Samsung left me in the dark with reception problems for over 3 months and Apple's antenna-gate was never solved, Lumia's was fixed within one week and we got $100 for the inconvenience. That is customer support and commitment.

Overall, I am recommending the Nokia Lumia to all my friends and family and they are fascinated about the refreshing, responsive UI.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best phone I've ever had, April 16, 2012
Jed Brown (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Picked this up about 8 days ago and my socks are knocked off.
This phone is WAAAAY better than the iPhone 4 and 4s I had.

Do I miss a few apps, yes but only one or to. I've found everything I've wanted from the 90k+ apps that are available in the market place.

Here are the things I think make this phone amazing;
1) The Phone's design - Holding it in your hand it's a perfect phone. If feels sturdy, not to heavy and looks amazing
2) Screen quality - The blacks are blacker than what I saw on my iPhone retina display. The screen is bigger and brighter. It's the best screen I've seen to-date on a phone.
3) Battery Life - With aggressive use, always connected to Facebook Chat, Messenger Chat and with a ton of apps using push and live tiles my battery lasts longer than any other phone I've had
4) The Camera - In day light it matches my previous iPhone. At night (night-clubs, etc) it kicks the pants off of it and androids. This weekend in a club in NY I took a bunch of pictures and am now sharing them with my friends that had iPhones as they had blurry photos.

I can't say enough about this phone!

‹ Previous | 114 15 1646 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa4c08750)

Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T)
Click for more info