5.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect
Seriously, you cannot buy a better smartphone at this price. I purchased mine at my local corporate AT&T store for $99 during the pre-sale. I received the phone on Friday the 6th and as someone who has had Blackberry's, Windows Mobile (old versions), several Android devices and even tried an iPhone for a while, this is the best phone I have ever used.

The...
Published on April 8, 2012 by K. Struck

3.0 out of 5 stars Former Android and iPhone user. One of the best phones you haven't tried
I am a long time Android user and have had at least five Android phones including original Galaxy S, G2X and Galaxy S2. I would consider myself a power user having tried many custom roms including CyanogenMod, software mods, Voodoo Sound, and themes on my Android phones. Android is the best for those that love customizing their phones. You can customize pretty much...
Published on May 7, 2012 by audigy

‹ Previous | 115 16 1746 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The cyan version, sold out in Seattle area, April 14, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
My wife's contract had expired so, this was a great opportunity to replace her phone (iPhone 3GS). I bought my Lumia 900 at an AT&T store in Seattle. My preferred color was Cyan, but unfortunately it was sold out. Since Nokia credits $100, the phone is effectively free. An absolute steal. I am not a gamer, and the apps I care about are all available (in my case some aviation, and NOAA and FAA related apps). Strange, the excellent Nokia apps are not preinstalled. Instead some mediocre AT&T apps are pre-installed. I deleted all of them.

Pros:
Beautiful phone.
Very fluid, intuitive and fast Windows Phone user interface.
Beautiful crisp screen with vibrant colors.

Cons:
Battery live just average.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Phone, April 13, 2012
A. massena (Fort Lauderdale, florida United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
This is the best phone I have ever used. I had the Iphone when it first came out. When the Iphone battery died I got a samsung captivate. A few months later I got a Dell Venue Pro (Win7) and I would bounce back and forth between the Droid and Win7. After a few months I parked the Droid and used the Dell Win7 phone full time. It was just a better os. I purchased the Nokia lumia 900 on day one and I am blown away by this phone.

Pros

-Great screen with really rich colors
-Silky smooth. It just never glitches
-Nice Nokia apps
-Very high end looking. It's a good looking device
-Good camera. It is a hair below the Samsung camera but still very good with a good flash.
-Great sound and my callers hear me well
-More than enough apps on Win7 platform. It is not the number of apps it is the quality. I have what i need. How many weather apps can anyone actually use.
-Good battery life
-Ability to pin your destinations on your start page. My wife and I went on vacation and we just googled our destination, clicked get directions, hit the pin on the bottom and it pinned and named it and put it to the start page. When you click it on the start page it starts your directions. Just tap the screen and it tells you what to do next. Made driving around a strange town very easy.
-Voice activation works very well
-The screen is actually recessed just enough so that if you lay it face down it won't scratch the screen.
-Great Twitter and Facebook integration

Cons
-I don't like the power button on the side of the phone
-I had to wait this long to get one...

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST cell phone from an awesome company., April 12, 2012
James J. Linehan "Jim" (Watertown, Massachusetts United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
The Lumia 900 is the best little device I have ever owned and I have had everything from the iPhone to BlackBerry, Palm Pre/WebOS and multiple Android devices. WP7 is a clean and clear os that is fluid and smooth and fun to use. The GPS locks on instantly....no more waving my phone in the air in circles looking for a GPS lock(I'm looking at YOU Samsung and HTC)...Call quality is clear and I have yet to drop a call. The speaker is loud and clear enough for me to listen to music or old radio shows and hear everything clearly. The Lumia 900 is well built with a fantastic screen. I have never felt any kind of brand loyalty toward a cell phone.....until now. Nokia is my new favorite company that has created my all time favorite phone. I seriously don't want to put the thing down. Great work Nokia.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, April 12, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Nokia has always made the best mobile hardware, at least until Apple started making the iPhone. I would definetely say Nokia has lived up to their reputation with this device. Other than the iPhone, I don't think there is another phone out there even close to the 800/900 in regards to build quality. And visually, it stands alone in my opinion. Very beautiful. Windows Phone 7 has come along way in less then 2 years, I hope they can keep improving but, right now, I think this is the best phone on the market.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving my new Nokia, April 11, 2012
O. Adenouga (DALLAS, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Just loving it. I wish I had gotten the cyan but they were unavailable. Best part is with the $100 credit, the phone will be free. Woot!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just really satisfied, April 10, 2012
John Matthews (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
As a bit of context, I have an iPad 2 which I happily use daily (so I'm familiar with iOS) and have tried various Android incarnations on numerous phones (including the latest Samsung flagships) but found myself underwhelmed by the user interface.

I'm a business user by day and so email functionality is important to me, but also wanted deep social networking integration and speedy web browsing; hence, I wouldn't settle for a 4g LTE-less iphone.

So with that background known, let it be known that I'm in love my Lumia 900. The Outlook notifications are as instantaneous as push emails were on my old work Blackberry. The social integration goes waaay beyond just having a facebook or a twitter app -- it's woven in right with your contacts in the "People" section. Not only is web browsing fast, I tethered my laptop to the phone, ran speakeast.net's speed test, and discovered its 4g LTE speed is quicker than my home wireless network!

It's all so seamless, smooth, fast, and beautiful.

Oh right, the apps (or lack thereof) issue. Aside from Pandora (of which there's already a Pandora-like app, not to mention Spotify which is best on WP7), I haven't run into any apps that weren't available. Heck, even gmaps, a program that uses Google Map data, is better than "Maps," the apple program that uses Google Map data for the primary mapping application on the iPhone. This is in addition to Bing Maps and Nokia's host of several programs aimed at helping you get around. What I expected to be a deficiency in terms of app coverage instead turned out to be way more than what's offered on any other platform.

So I think it's a safe bet to say that no matter what you're looking for, chances are you're still covered otherwise (see: aforementioned streaming radio example). As for the marquee name apps that are still missing from Windows Phone (i.e. Instagram), I think it's an equally safe bet that with the phone being the simultaneous #1 and #2 sellers on Amazon.com -- not to mention all of the positive reviews you're reading on this very page -- app makers will be forced to develop programs for this platform, lest they lose out on a burgeoning pie slice of the mobile market.

Really, my only nitpick is that despite the well-deserved praise for its build quality (it's literally seamless and feels very solid... whereas if you pick up, say, a Samsung Galaxy Nexus it feels cheap and plastic-y) there's not really any grip to the polycarbonate case. It's not slippery, per se, but I'm worried I might drop this while, oh I dunno, drinking, considering there's only the smooth polycarb shell to grip on to. It would've been nice if some other, more friction inducing material were woven in at key grip points, but I suppose that would have detracted from the sleek minimalism of the phone. Minor gripe.

Also, I wish the power button was on top. ...That's it. Those are my only complaints. A completely new phone with a new (to me, and probably to you) operating system and new ecosystem and my only gripes are "oh, I'm worried about dropping this when drunk," and "I wish a button was there instead of here." That should tell you something. Well, actually the fact that I'm often waaay too lazy (I mean "busy"...) to write reviews should tell you something, and here I am gushing over this dumb thing.

I'm beyond pleased and wouldn't trade this phone for any competitor. I was hesitant about being an early adopter, but now and thrilled to have been one. Five stars all around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unimaginable., April 10, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I have been a big apple phone and I had I phone4 and my wife has I Phone 4 s. This phone will beat both the i phones with it's superb design, fast speed, free maps. would never go back to Apple phone after using it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect phone for the platform, April 10, 2012
Emanuel (Oyster Bay, NY, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I received my Lumia 900 on Friday afternoon after pre-ordering through AT&T. I can't believe how beautiful the device is. The screen is amazing (even with the lower resolution of 800*480). I've been getting at least 16 hours of frequent use and phone calls on a single charge. This includes 8 live tiles, push notifications for email, gaming, web surfing and playing music (stored locally). I've been able to read RSS feeds clearly in direct sunlight. All of the buttons on one side of the phone is just a brilliant design. The weight is perfectly balanced from top to bottom. The Nokia apps are beautiful as well as functional (although ESPN should load slightly faster). I do wish that the Nokia Drive app integrated with search and contacts instead of having to rely on Bing Maps but I have navigation built in the car so it really isn't a problem in my situation. The call quality is amazing on AT&T in lower NY (NYC and Long Island). I have not dropped a call. The camera is good with ample light and good enough in low light situations. The speaker sounds really good and the earpiece has the perfect amount of volume and sound quality. This phone never lags even when I'm playing games and talking on the phone. I've been using the platform for over a year so I already feel like a pro with this OS. My mother just got an iPhone 4S and can't believe the screen on the Lumia 900. Nokia designed a really really good phone. Some people complained about a weird metallic sound when the phone is vibrating but I haven't experienced anything of that nature at all. I do wish the micro USB port was on the bottom but since I only have to charge the phone at night before sleep and I sync with Zune wirelessly it hasn't approached annoying at all. This phone is an insane value as a result of the build quality. I highly recommend this phone to anyone thinking of trying Windows Phone.

This is my second Windows Phone. I've used iOS (iPhone 4 and the 4S), Android (Evo 4G, Evo 3D and the Samsung Moment), WebOS (Original Palm Pre), Windows Mobile (all the way up to 6.5) and even a Blackberry. The Windows Phone OS is the most fun OS I've used so far. It's modern, extremely stable and MS is very persistent with the development of the OS and the hardware. You won't find all of the trendy new apps in the marketplace but you really won't miss them after a couple of weeks with the OS. It does so many ordinary things with such a common sense approach as opposed to many other platforms. Integrating social networks into the OS is ingenius. Cloud storage is built into the phone itself for pictures and MS Office. Zune is gorgeous on the desktop (MAC only gets the desktop sync client while PC users get to enjoy the full application) and elegeant on the phone. The Live Tiles may be "too simple" for some but I honstly can't see myself not having them. Going from a locked phone to snapping a picture without any lag, the consistently smooth UI and the low cost of entry makes this OS a real value.

5.0 out of 5 stars A gorgeous phone at a great price, April 9, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
The industrial design and craftsmanship of this phone are outstanding--Nokia has built a phone that can only be rivaled by Apple. Combined with the fact that this phone has true 4G LTE (not the slower "faux-G" in the iPhone 4S), a pretty screen, and a good camera, you're getting a lot of value for your money. The Windows Phone operating system is beautiful as well and very easy to use (I say this as someone who previously owned an iPhone).

The main drawback of Windows Phone is that there aren't as many apps as on iPhone/Android. Most top-tier apps are available (Facebook, Yelp, New York Times, CNN, WhatsApp, Epicurious, ESPN ScoreCenter, Flixster, MyFitnessPal, Netflix, and more are present and accounted for), and great third-party alternatives are available for some of the missing apps (for instance, check out PrimeTube if you're looking for a good YouTube app, or MetroRadio if you want a good Pandora app). However, there are a few important apps that just aren't available, such as Draw Something and Words With Friends. If these missing apps are deal-breakers for you, you may want to look elsewhere--but if you can live without them, you won't find a better smartphone for this price than the Nokia 900.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Phone, April 9, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I switched from Sprint to AT&T to get this phone, and I couldn't be happier. AT&T coverage and speed have been much better at my house than Sprint was (LTE is insanely fast), and the phone itself is outstanding. The screen is gorgeous and the perfect size for me, and the Windows Phone OS is stable (never crashes or needs to be rebooted), smooth and easy to use. The hotspot functionality has been great, too. The camera isn't perfect, but it's better than most other phone cameras I've used. The battery lasts about a day and a half for me. I bought the Cyan model and it came with a special Nokia Blue theme which matches the color and gives the phone a "complete" feeling. Highly recommended!

‹ Previous | 115 16 1746 | Next ›