5.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect
Seriously, you cannot buy a better smartphone at this price. I purchased mine at my local corporate AT&T store for $99 during the pre-sale. I received the phone on Friday the 6th and as someone who has had Blackberry's, Windows Mobile (old versions), several Android devices and even tried an iPhone for a while, this is the best phone I have ever used.

The...
Published on April 8, 2012 by K. Struck

3.0 out of 5 stars Former Android and iPhone user. One of the best phones you haven't tried
I am a long time Android user and have had at least five Android phones including original Galaxy S, G2X and Galaxy S2. I would consider myself a power user having tried many custom roms including CyanogenMod, software mods, Voodoo Sound, and themes on my Android phones. Android is the best for those that love customizing their phones. You can customize pretty much...
Published 23 months ago by audigy

‹ Previous | 118 19 2046 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The right device for people who earn a living, April 15, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I switched from an IPhone to the Windows OS last fall when the update from Apple took away the Mobile Me features and the ability for the phone to synce with Outlook for contacts and calenders. I had been using the apple products with my PC for about 4 years and it worked pretty well up until that point, Apple has made a clear commitment to work in a direction that appeals to social networks and game apps and seems to have thrown in the towel regarding business users. My first Windows Phone was the HTC Titan, great OS, lousy call quality and I would never recomend the device. The Lumina not only is a great piece of hardware but it has added Nokia features that allow it further rise above the HTC.

The main thing that needs to be known for all to work well is you will need a Microsoft Exchange account, (about $60/ year, less than half or the Mobile Me cost). With that subscription you will be able to set the phone to sync with your PC and Outlook to maintain your contacts and calenders. You can view all of your mail, not only the inbox but the other folders as well and when you delete it on your phone it will also delete on the PC, sent items will appear in your sent folder on your PC as well. Syncing is almost instant and does not require any effort as the Apple products did.

When you take a photo you can set it to automatically upload to Skydrive and then assign it to whatever folder you would like for anyone to view, no manual uploading one by one as with the Apple. This takes what used to be about an hour project and shortens it to a few minutes. Camera qualit is decent but I still carry a camera for more important shots.

Sending video via email is very simple and the clip length is several time more than with the Apple device. Microsoft Office allows you to upload files and notes in any amount that you need via SkyDrive. All in all, if you have a Mac stick with your iphone, even though it does not have as many features and is slower, it will be more complatible with your other hardware, however if you are using Windows like most of the world, consider the Windows Phone, you will be amazed at what you had been missing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really slick phone, April 12, 2012
Warren (Massachusetts USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Picked this up yesterday and I've been very happy with it. I also like the fact that it will have cost me nothing after the $100 credit! I would highly recommend this phone to anyone that wants a simple, easy to use smartphone. I haven't had an issue finding the apps I wanted. It's hard to believe this came from the same company that brought us Windows. Great to see a new player in the market.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, April 12, 2012
I love this phone!

The good: looks great (phone & screen), runs very smoothly (operating system, most apps, video), musics sounds great (better than any dedicated music device I have owned). It is so easy to use. Live tiles make the phone seem alive. Nokia drive and maps are great. I love Zune, have had it for a long while and its even better on this.

What needs improvement: apps - there are a few out there that I can't find replacements for, but I know that MS is improving in this area and will continue to do so, so I am not too worried about that.

What is a bit disappointing? - the camera, it takes just average pictures, but I don't need professional level pics. Not bad enough to take away a star.

Obviously everyone has their own needs/wants for a smart phone, and each phone (iPhone/android/WP/BB) offer something for everyone. If you are in the market for a smartphone, I highly recommend at least trying this in an At&t store and see what you think.

5.0 out of 5 stars The revolution is back again!, April 12, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I don't think there is a point in comparing this phone to any other device out there. I personally have owned the iPhone(s) and DroidX and this is the second time a device has excited me so much(First, of course being the iPhone 3G back in in the day).

Display: Absolutely impeccable. Black is my new favorite color.

UI: Intuitive. Different. Enough said.

Apps: Hmmm... I am one of those guys who use the bare essentials though I do miss Words with friends. Its fine though, I have convinced all my friends to install Words by Post bringing life back to normal.Phew!

Phone and LTE: So far no issues that other users seem to be facing with wifi and LTE. As a phone, voice clarity is good. Little miffed that nokia/ATT didnt include a headset with the phone. But then again for 50$, maybe I am expecting a little too much.

Overall: 5 star device and hope nokia/microsoft can gain back some ground in the smartphone world. They really deserve it this time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Who cares what is under the hood, April 11, 2012
J. Murphy (State College, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I've got to say, I was a little disappointed when I heard that the Hero phone wouldn't have amazing specs. Who cares at this point. If your operation system runs smooth, isn't that what matters? I don't need quad core this or that because the games I play, and the apps I use run smooth.

Pro's
*Great battery life
*Balanced screen scrolling speed
*LTE is pretty nice
*Screen looks fantastic
*WP has the best integration of services bar none.

Con's
*Camera is actually a letdown from my HTC Titan.

Overall, the build of this phone is only comparable to the iPhone. All the Android phones feel to gimmicky and plastic. (looking at you samsung) Let's hope HTC fixes that with the One series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really impressive hardware, great UI, jury's out on Apps, April 10, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I purchased this phone online from ATT and got it 2 days before release. I previously had an iPhone 4, and had been upgrading year over year since the iPhone 3g. Nothing was wrong with my iphone, I liked it a lot. I just wanted something new, and wanted 4g. Up steps the Lumia 900.
The Metro UI was the thing that got me on board. I love it's setup, and I love that it doesn't use small cubes in negative space like android and IOS. I love the transitions, I love the menus, I love it all.
Battery life is iffy, but that's because this is the 4g phone I've had, and I'll imagine it burns up faster than a 3g one would.
The ONLY downside for me is the paltry windows marketplace. I'm sure that as more people buy it, the more people will create apps for it. Its a small leap of faith by the consumer, but one I feel is worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like the look, AMOLED screen, live tile, GPS, April 9, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Better than my Iphone in general. I think the windows phone OS on the Lumia 900 is very good ... fast, responsive and easy to use ... it took me about 15 mins to get use to the OS ... I really like this phone. You can also customize the live tiles with different colors. GPS can talks in many languages. Internet access is fast since it uses 4G LTE which is much faster than 3G. For $100.00 with contract, it's a good deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars In one word the "display!!", April 9, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Just checked it out at the local ATT store. I came out very impressed. The screen is very responsive and the colors are soo vibrant. Coming from an iPhone 4 user, I would have switched it then and there if only my contract were over. Actually, I will be due an upgrade this fall and the Lumia seems destined to be my next phone. Personally feel the iPhone screen is a tad too small for browsing while the Lumia's screen seems perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Phone, April 15, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Easy to Use, Quality product..Not to mention that it catches the eye of everyone that sees you using it. Well done Microsoft and Nokia!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly designed. Amazing Job, Microsoft!, April 13, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I've had an iPhone, an iPad, an Android phone (LG Optimus) and by far this is the best, easiest, and coolest device.
1. It's super easy to get started. On Android, things that are familiar are because they imitate the iPhone. The things that are different are not easy to figure out. Not so with Windows Phone. You pick up the phone for the first time, and its IMMEDIATELY OBVIOUS where everything is.
2. The phone is solidly built. Doesn't feel like like a cheap plasticky fragile device. You shouldn't need a case.
If this phone had come sooner, I'm sure it would have given the iPhone a really good competition.

‹ Previous | 118 19 2046 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xaaac887c)

Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T)
Click for more info