5.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect
Seriously, you cannot buy a better smartphone at this price. I purchased mine at my local corporate AT&T store for $99 during the pre-sale. I received the phone on Friday the 6th and as someone who has had Blackberry's, Windows Mobile (old versions), several Android devices and even tried an iPhone for a while, this is the best phone I have ever used.

The...
Published on April 8, 2012 by K. Struck

3.0 out of 5 stars Former Android and iPhone user. One of the best phones you haven't tried
I am a long time Android user and have had at least five Android phones including original Galaxy S, G2X and Galaxy S2. I would consider myself a power user having tried many custom roms including CyanogenMod, software mods, Voodoo Sound, and themes on my Android phones. Android is the best for those that love customizing their phones. You can customize pretty much...
Published 23 months ago by audigy

‹ Previous | 119 20 2146 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Game Changer - Give it a week as your phone and you will never look at an iPhone or Android phone again., April 10, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Ok so as a mobile developer who spends at least 10 hours a week on each of the major platforms (iPhone, Android, WP7, BB). The Lumia is an amazingly great phone.. I waited in line for the first iPhone (and the 3g, and I have a 4s now).. I've also been using WP7 devices since Day 1. And -because ya I am a Mobile Dev- an Android phone is always in my bag with me too...

All that being said, and with the ability to choose any phone I want as my daily "personal" device the Lumia 900 is going to be it for quite a while.. You will really enjoy screen because it is wonderful, the feel in the hand is solid (much higher build quality and feel then the Focus). LTE great ( I live in Austin so its everywhere here ). This device deserves the multiple 5 star ratings that others on are giving it..

If you give WP7 5 days as your primary phone and you don't love it I would be utterly shocked..

Great Phone
Great Operating System
Great Build
Beautiful Screen
LTE super fast internet
Can be a WiFi Hot Spot with the right AT&T data plan.

need I say more :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars A thing of beauty., April 9, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I've used a WP7 phone since the beginning and I have to say this phone is the next evolutionary step for this OS.

Have doubts? Go to the AT&T store and test drive it. What a great phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars great phone overall, July 13, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I have been using this phone for almost 2 months now, and I like it. I switched over from an iPhone 4 because I was tired of the small screen and the boreing iPhone experience. On the Lumia, the screen is nice and sharp. I actually compared the same online picture with my dad's iPhone 4s, and the colors looked much more acurate and sharp, the iPhone's "Retina display" looked washed out, not to mention how much better it looks with the bigger screen. So, dispite the iPhone's higher resoulution display, the Lumia's screen looks much better.

Now for the os, I was a little unsure about the Windows Phone os, but I actually like it now. Its smooth, and straight forward. I understand that this phone won't be upgradeable to WP8, but this phone won't be compatable with the new features like NFC, and HD display anyways. I think the os will be much better when the 7.8 update will be available (an update this phone will get) because I really want to make the live tiles smaller. Right now, I feel like it takes forever to get to an app because you have to scroll through a bunch of large tiles.

The performance of this phone is solid. Some maybe unsure about the single core processor, but the speed is as fast, if not faster than the iPhone 4s. It definately is faster over the network, becuase the 4s isn't even compatable with 4g lte. You also will find the call quality to be great, and the earpiece is loud enough. I mention this becuase I used to have a Sony Ericsson phone that had such a low volume earpiece, that you couldn't hear anything if you were in an area that was only a little loud. Battery life is great, it can last me a whole day with heavy usage.

The camera is okay. It takes great pictures in well lit situations, but it doesn't do real well in low ligh situations such as in a restaurant. The led flash helps a little, but not much. One feature that is great is the Nokia Play To app which you can play pictures and video wirelessly to a DLNA device such as a TV, or blu- ray player. I had no problems playing pictures, but videos always freeze. Hopefully they fix the issue soon in the next app update.

Finally, the build quality of the phone is excellent. Its make out of plastic, but it feels solid. It feels great to hold, and isn't slippery like the iPhone.

Overall, this is a great phone. I would recomend it to anyone looking for a new experience, instead of the same old Android or iPhone. You won't be dissapointed with this device.

5.0 out of 5 stars They're right, it is beautifully different (and you will soon receive an upgrade to Windows Phone 7.8), June 16, 2012
Update to this review after the announcement of Windows Phone 8:
It was hardly a secret that existing Windows Phone devices might not get all the features of Windows Phone 8, especially the features that require different hardware. After all, you cannot upgrade the hardware on a phone. That said, there will be an upgrade for the Lumia, to Windows Phone 7.8, including the new start screen, flip to silence and other features that do not require new hardware (thus likely also Internet Explorer 10).

Besides, this is really a non-issue to anyone but haters of Windows Phone, most of whom are probably Android owners bitter since only 7% of them have gotten upgraded to the latest version of Android (now THAT is bad upgrade policy). Windows Phone 7.5 (Mango) is a great OS as it is, and will get even better with the upgrade to 7.8. This phone is still beautiful and turning heads. I'm even seeing a benefit in not getting Windows Phone 8 on this device; then I have an excuse for buying the next Lumia version that's gonna kick even more ass!

Original review below:

Got this phone a week ago, and have to say it really is all it's hyped up to be. The design is making everyone turn their heads and ask what phone it is, and the gorgeous screen with fluent Windows Phone showing off its beautiful Metro UI makes most other phones look ancient.
It still takes a bit getting used to WP coming from Android, but my HTC Desire Z android phone has made me feel a strong resent for both HTC and android, being laggy, unintuitive and unreliable. Integration with Office is another massive WP benefit for anyone depending on the phone for work.

The only con I have found so far is that the volume control is too loud at the lowest setting for some applications. I assume Nokia will fix it with an update, or that a third party app will fix it. And with Nokia and Microsoft's reputation for bringing out updates, I feel confident about being happy with this phone for a long time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Fluid, Responsive, and Durable Phone Ever Owned, June 14, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Have had Lumia 900 black since launch day, have dropped several times, and have absolutely no scratches on the body or screen (minus some scuffing on the shiny silver sliver next to the camera).

Switched from iPhone 4, and have been absolutely blown away with how fluid and responsive the OS runs. My iPhone would frequently lag while navigating and editing contacts or navigating the web.

5.0 out of 5 stars I AM MADLY IN LOVE WITH THIS PHONE, June 14, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I got tired of obsessively tinkering with my Android phone to get it to work like I wanted. It was just way too chaotic. Nevermind the 6-hour battery life. And why would I ever want an iPhone, which is just Windows 3.1 on a 3.5" screen?

The Lumia 900 has made me not have to worry about messing with my phone anymore. It just works well, and that's the way it works. If that works for you, then great... But if you like to spend hours every week rooting and tweaking, then enjoy your miserable Android life. I don't miss it one bit.

I finally have a smartphone that makes me feel at ease about everything going on in my life. I get about a day and a half on a single charge. Plus, the platform is only going to get better! THE FUTURE HAS ARRIVED!

PS - If you're having battery issues, make sure to check your background services in the settings, and ask yourself if you really need to check your email as items arrive (push). I set mine to check every 30 minutes and the battery life has been superb.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best SmartPhone + Best Interface, June 12, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I have to say this phone and the WP7.5 are just hands down the best thing now. My wife has a iPhone and took a small test drive on mine and came out confessign that she would have swtiched to this. The phone is sleek, works flawlessley and the OS is neat. I have the apps I need - and this is an area that is only going to get better. I really didnt care that that there are millions of apps - whats the point in having 1000s of apps that are crappy anhyways. I have used BB for 12 yrs and so from a corporate email/phone/apps perspective this will be the king. iPhone is for kiddies who like to play stupid games all day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Phone - Simple, yet powerful, June 4, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I have to say that I wasn't sure how this phone would perform, but after I got it and activated it, I found it to be pefect. I love the Windows Phone operating system. I really like the size and feel of the phone. Very glad I bought this Nokia phone! The 8mp camera works great too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nokia is back!, May 31, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
The Lumia 900 is the best phone I have ever used, and it looks so good! There was a time when one felt a little embarrassed about putting a Nokia on the table in the coffe shop or at the bar, but now Nokia is back with a vengence. I have noticed how my Samsung and Apple using friends are a little bit in awe of my Lumia, especially after they have tried it out and found the going smooth and clear.

5.0 out of 5 stars I HAD iphone, samsung galaxy i liked them, but i love nakia lumia 900, May 9, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I had bad experience before with windows mobile. i had HTC couple years ago with windows mobile 6. and it was so bad.
but this Nakia lumia 900 with Windows mobile 7.5 Mango is really great phone. so fast. clean interface, great reception because it's nakia.
I really liked it. I have it for 4 days now.
the only thing that i don't like that the lake of apps but it's not really big deals they keep adding apps everyday.

‹ Previous | 119 20 2146 | Next ›