5.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect
Seriously, you cannot buy a better smartphone at this price. I purchased mine at my local corporate AT&T store for $99 during the pre-sale. I received the phone on Friday the 6th and as someone who has had Blackberry's, Windows Mobile (old versions), several Android devices and even tried an iPhone for a while, this is the best phone I have ever used.

The...
Published on April 8, 2012 by K. Struck

3.0 out of 5 stars Former Android and iPhone user. One of the best phones you haven't tried
I am a long time Android user and have had at least five Android phones including original Galaxy S, G2X and Galaxy S2. I would consider myself a power user having tried many custom roms including CyanogenMod, software mods, Voodoo Sound, and themes on my Android phones. Android is the best for those that love customizing their phones. You can customize pretty much...
Published 23 months ago by audigy

‹ Previous | 15 6 746 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I am in love, April 13, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I recently got this phone coming from an iPhone. I got mine at an AT&T store rather than Amazon because I also had some account issues to work out. I'm not really sure where to begin. This phone is fantastic! I don't know what they did to the body but it just feels very good in the hand. It has a very soft yet durable quality. I have the black one and the design is just gorgeous, in my opinion.

One of the things that struck me right away compared to the iPhone is how animated and lively the every day experience of navigating around is. Everything feels extremely fast and slick. I can sit here opening and closing various screens and it looks like the graphics are dancing, because everything is animated and futuristic. Some buddies of mine cautioned me that it might be slow because it only has a single core processor, but this is one of the fastest phones I have ever used. However, it takes around 10 seconds to load some of the more graphics intensive games like Hydro Thunder. I love the fact that all of my social network notifications and other information just appear on my home screen. It makes it easy to keep up with things without having to go into several different apps.

Get this phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic phone..., April 9, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Coming from a Samsung Focus the Nokia Lumia 900 is a definite step up.

Processor speed: Noticably quicker in places like the xbox live app where your avatar pops up quicker and games (especially the Harvest)and apps load much quicker.

Screen: The 4.3" screen is beautiful and easy to read in the outdoor sun with little glare. The touchscreen is responsive and the gorilla glass is very durable.

Camara: Outdoor shots are great, the 720P video is great. Better than my focus. Indoor shots can suffer from noise depending on lighting, but are still pretty good for a phone. Hopefully Nokia will fine tune some of the settings in future firmware updates.

Software: I can only recommend people tryout WP7 and make their own opinions about it. The OS runs very smoothly, with little to no lag, and very almost never locks up. In fact I can't think of one time in 18 months of owning my Focus that I had to do a hard reset.

Apps: I would be lying if I said that WP7 was lacking some apps. While a large portion of the most popular apps on the other OS platforms have either official apps or 3rd party apps on WP7 there are a lot that don't. The positive thing is that as the user base growns, the potential for these apps to come to the market are much greater. And while it is not an app, per se, I still consider the Zune service to be the best thing ever, and the driving force for me to go WP7. $10 a month for unlimited DRM protected music downloads (you cancel service you can't play them), has allowed me to download entire catalogs of musicians, and to explore other types of music without the financial risk. Plus I can stream music from my PC, Xbox, and phone if I don't want to download. By far my favorite service with WP7.

Nokia Apps: This is one area that app market shine on the Nokia Lumia 900. Nokia Drive, a full offline, voice navigated, turn by turn, GPS app is FREE. Offering the ability to download anything from individual states to full countries of offline navigation. Creative Studio is a phenominal picture editing app. The ESPN app is well set up, offering video and live tiles for each sport. And I read nothing but praise for Nokia Transit.

The only con I have about the phone for me is the increase in size will take some time to get used to. Being significantly larger in the hand I have almost dropped the phone a couple times.

For those who are interested in the WP7 platform, this is a great phone to enter the platform on. The build quality is exceptional, the OS experience is fluid, and the phone is a joy to use. Personally, I've had a hard time putting the phone down since I got it on the 6th.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my Lumia 900, April 25, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I have the blue model, and this phone is great. Everything just works smoothly and naturally. Microsoft and Nokia have really hit this one out of the park. Those new TV ads are right -- every other phone looks and feels like it was a beta test after you use one of these. The camera is fantastic and the screen is gorgeous. Web browsing is fast and smooth on LTE or WiFi. The app selection is great. If anything, I think the app store experience is better because you have to sort through less chaff to find the useful apps. Last time I checked, you can't get WORDAMENT on the iPhone or Android. The Lumia 900 is suited for everyone from basic users who only have a few contacts, to power users with lots of different email accounts & hundreds of contacts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a Nokia phone,Great Value and Easy to use, April 16, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
After researching the phone and comparing it(with the galaxy note) I found the Nokia Lumia Black 900 an excellent choice and having ZUNE music player helped as well.
The NOte was too big and pricey, while the Nokia was within my price range and perfect size.
When purchased thru Amazon on April 8, I was expecting to pay $99 but WOW! after selecting it for an upgrade it showed $19.99. Right away I added it to cart, purchased it and within 3 days I got it with a bonus(a free car charger).
So I when I opened the box, I was amazed of the size and camera detail on back. Within 30 minutes of charging and calling to activate it, I was making phone calls, texting, exploring the net and setting up my profile.
The only problem I found was inserting the microsim card cuz I thought I was going to break the door and pinhole.
Since I had a regular sim card from my previous motorola phone, I transfered my contacts thru google/gmail. No problem here.
Love this new nokia phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars So happy with this phone!!!, April 16, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I am a phone fanatic. Thank god I am in the Telecom industry and don't have to pay for most of my phones. In the past year alone I have used an iPhone 4, Samsung Focus, HTC Inspire 4G Samsung, Infuse 4G, Samsung Skyrocket, and Galaxy Nexus. I laid down the $99 for this phone for me and my wife, and we could not be happier about doing it. I had some reservations moving over to Windows Phone based on my early experience with the Focus - man have things changed. I love how solid the hardware feels in your hand and how integrated WP7.5 really is. The voice actions over bluetooth (read texts to you, reply to messages, call contacts - all over bluetooth) is absolutely amazing. Regarding the Marketplace - I am not missing 1 single app from Android and now have over 50 apps on my phone. If I could find one gripe, it would be that the vibrate sounds loose in the phone, but my wife's is fine. I have to say Thank You Microsoft and Thank you Nokia for such a wonderful experience. I truly believe that this phone is the launching point for Windows Phone. Well done!

5.0 out of 5 stars A very smart smartphone, April 14, 2012
**Using my husband's Amazon account **

I traded in my Blackberry at the AT&T online store for this phone and boy was I glad I did. It feels like I advanced technologically 5 years overnight. My husband has an iPhone and he can't stop playing with my phone, and the only thing stopping him from getting one is his contact isn't up for another 2 months. So far for me the 'lack of apps' is overblown - if you are looking for some odd ball apps that few people use, maybe you will find more of them on iTunes but there are Lumia apps like the Nokia nav that beats having 5 iPhone apps. Just downloaded the OS fix and will see how that fares in the coming days but so far very happy with the phone.

PS. Remember how long it took Apple to admit to the antenna problem? Nokia/MS came right out and produced a fix in less than a week and issued a more than generous credit. There will always be bugs but I would much rather be dealing with a company that is forthcoming.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW.... This is one gorgeous phone!, April 11, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Receveied this phone today. This is so much better than I thought. I was using Iphone for few years and switched to Samsung focus S which I receivd as a gift from my friend. I liked Focus S, but I felt Lumia is much solid. even I don't feel like i need a case for it. Also Nokia Drives is GREAT. Bing map was ok, but not great. I no longer need CAR navigation system. I highly recommend it! To be honest, Nokia Drive is one of the main reason I recoomend this phone! try it, you will love it. My quesiton for Microsoft is that why can't they have app like Nokia drive come with other WP7 phones?? Well Nokia did great job on this phone!

5.0 out of 5 stars BETTER THAN IPHONE, April 8, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I owned iPhone 3g 3gs and 4.once I got lumia 900,It's a refreshing.good looking,bigger screen,live tile,4g lte,Do I have enough reason?

5.0 out of 5 stars animation of tiles, April 8, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I enjoy the animation of the tiles when you make your selection. It appears as if the unselected tiles are blown away by the wind with the remaining tile the one you selected. It's a cool animation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Phone app takes you directly to Voicemail requiring password, April 28, 2012
John Hiemstra (West Linn, OR USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
My review is to help people resolve a problem that drove me nuts trying to find a solution. My phone, upon delivery, did not have the voicemail password established. This caused my phone app to open the voicemail feature each time I wanted to use the phone pad or contact list to make a call. I would have to input a password (I have a password established to open the phone up for security) so I would use the main password (I found out that ANY password would work at this point because none was established for voicemail!). The phone app would then allow me to select the keyboard or contact list but in a few seconds, the app would revert back to the voicemail password field requiring me to re-input the password (remember, I didn't have one at this point). This process would recycle every few seconds but if I was fast enough, I could get the keyboard open to input a phone number to make a call!

Here is the solution: open voicemail up (call yourself or press the number 1 key), go to admin for voicemail and establish a password! After establishing a password, the phone app takes you directly to the keyboard or contact list instead of forcing you to input a voicemail password.

Now you know. I switched from an iPhone 3GS to try out the Windows phone and am very pleased with the phone. I am missing a couple of my favorite apps that are not available yet on the Windows platform but fortunately I can still access them from my iPad. They will come as this platform gains traction. This phone is a great value for the price and a real challenge to the iPhone 4S.

‹ Previous | 15 6 746 | Next ›