5.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect
Seriously, you cannot buy a better smartphone at this price. I purchased mine at my local corporate AT&T store for $99 during the pre-sale. I received the phone on Friday the 6th and as someone who has had Blackberry's, Windows Mobile (old versions), several Android devices and even tried an iPhone for a while, this is the best phone I have ever used.

The...
Published on April 8, 2012 by K. Struck

3.0 out of 5 stars Former Android and iPhone user. One of the best phones you haven't tried
I am a long time Android user and have had at least five Android phones including original Galaxy S, G2X and Galaxy S2. I would consider myself a power user having tried many custom roms including CyanogenMod, software mods, Voodoo Sound, and themes on my Android phones. Android is the best for those that love customizing their phones. You can customize pretty much...
Published 23 months ago by audigy

‹ Previous | 16 7 846 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fast, nice screen and camera, April 26, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I am a two-time iPhone owner but for me, speed trumps Apple's brand or app availability.

AT&T's 4G LTE network combined with a fast operating system makes this phone absolutely scream at web browing, facebook, twitter, email, etc. I am 2x more productive on this phone compared to my iPhone 4.

The Windows OS seems pretty solid, and feels more modern than iOS. The bigger screen on the Lumia is to my liking over the smaller iPhone.

I am very happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great alternative to the iPhone, April 26, 2012
Chris Blum (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I've been an iPhone user for a number of years now and I decided it was time for a change. A friend of mine got a windows phone last year and I thought the interface looked nice and clean, so when I heard about the Lumia 900 I decided I would give it a try.

So far this phone has exceeded my expectations in almost every way. The Windows Phone 7.5 interface is fast, easy and very aesthetically pleasing. If you are tired of all the cluttered little squares that make up the iOS interface, you are not alone as that is one of the reasons I like the Lumia 900. The live tile area (the big squares you usually see when you see a windows Phone) is clear, customizable and many of the apps give live information without having to actually open the app. To name a few, the weather shows the current weather, calendar shows what's coming up next, and your pictures cycle through to give you a different look all the time. You can have multiple e-mail accounts separate or linked, and each of them can be it's own live tile so there is no need to back up and choose which account to view after entering the e-mail app.

The only downside to the OS right now is the lack of apps. It has most of what I need as far as basic apps, but there aren't a whole lot of developers making apps for it yet, so it's missing a few things that I would want.

The phone itself has a really nice big screen and it is easy to navigate or answer calls with one hand. It's quick to enter the camera without having to unlock the phone (just hold the camera button down for a couple seconds), and the quality of the photos are excellent. The only slight negative when it comes to the buttons are that the lock button and volume buttons are right about where I would naturally hold the phone when talking. However after a couple weeks I'm starting to get used to holding it slightly differently so I don't accidentally hit those buttons.

Other than a few minor issues, I highly recommend this phone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunned, April 15, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I got the new Lumia as a gift and decided to set it up for my kids. I was amazed at the new Windows experience. Unbelievably I think there are many dimensions on which this is better than an iPhone. My only criticism is the camera quality. But beyond that it is amazing in almost every dimension.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Smartphone Contender, April 15, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I have been testing out the nokia lumia 900 for the past week and a half and so far i have loved it.
Things that will immediately stick out when handled:

Great feel( Size, shape, weight) in my opinion this is one of the best feeling phones that i have ever used.

Fluid OS, this is my first Windows 7 Phone and even though i had heard good things i have never given them a fair shake. I am extremely surprised at how well this OS is built, and how slick the everyday use is.

Bright Screen, most phones these days boast some sort of ridiculous stat for screen's resolution and clarity. most of these confuse the average consumer with odd terms and crazy stats. At the end of the day if you put it in someones had and they love the screen, you know you have done your job. Nokia has nailed it, the blacks are dark and the colors pop off the screen.

after the first week of use the major things i noticed was that nokia has brought to the table is their great antanna and their classic call quality. Speaker phone was loud (for a change), and i had to turn the earpiece volume down.

Great Phone for a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars This phone is just so beautiful!, April 30, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
If I tell you how beautiful this phone is, you might not believe me, so I'm just going to quote Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak.

Steve Wozniak:

"I'm kind of shocked on every screen -- much more beautiful than the same apps on Android and iPhone. So I think that what Microsoft or Nokia did is that they went to some of the key app makers and got them to deliberately make specialized beautiful ones or they put their own themes on..."

"I also surmised that Steve Jobs might have been reincarnated at MS due to a lot of what I see and feel with this phone making me think of a lot of great Apple things."

"Just for looks and beauty, I definitely favor the Windows 7 phone over Android"

5.0 out of 5 stars Screen Better than iPhone, Nokia Apps are Amazing, April 19, 2012
RushCreek519 (Columbus, OH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Bought this phone at the AT&T store last Thursday and received the phone this Wednesday. Store was running a great promo where you pay $100 for the phone and receive $100 in free accessories. This is the best phone I've ever seen.

Highlights:
SCREEN: side-by-side with iPhone, the blacks are so black on the Nokia (can't even tell where the edges of the screen are), colors are more vibrant, looks great in direct sun (iPhone screen is reflective and washed-out)

FAST: Windows is so fast and fluid on the 900, both Wi-Fi and 4G are wicked fast for browsing

ALIVE: again side-by-side with iPhone, the Windows tiles are moving and updating all the time with Facebook posts, weather, texts, etc... iPhone looks dated and dead by comparison (Grid of icons, nothing moves, looks like 1985)

CALLS: call quality is great. Voices are clear and natural, strong signal, no dropped calls, visual voice mail is slick

BATTERY: lasts a whole day of use (8 am - midnight) with plenty of battery to spare

APPS: all of apps I use are here or integrated into the OS. Facebook, Twitter, & LinkedIn integration working brilliantly! I love how you can switch between text/facebook/messenger all in the same conversation and see all of someone's posts and pictures combined together from the People hub or Pictures app no matter what service they posted them too. Netflix app plays smooth and looks great as does MLB At Bat streaming baseball games. The gems are the Nokia apps. Nokia drive is the best phone nav I have seen and it is FREE. Many choices for voices, 2D & 3D views, you can download maps so that it works even when there is no cell service, and it provides nav for the entire world with what seems like every possible language available (again all free). Nokia Maps is like Drive but for walking around and exploring cities & neighborhoods, provides local info about what to see, do, and eat combining reviews and info from many online services (lonely planet, etc). Nokia Transit is similar but provides local transit routing directions, again with worldwide support (Cool! Great for the trip to Seoul or Paris).

I could go on forever about how much I love this phone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly Surprised - My Favorite Smart Phone Right Now, April 13, 2012
P. Allen (FORT WORTH, TX, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Window Phone OS + Nokia Hardware is a win. While processor specs may look unimpressive, this phone out performs my former dual core Android phone and is snappier than my iPad2. This is my first time trying the Windows Phone OS and so far, I am very happy with it. One of my favorite things about the platform is how all 3rd party apps I find are designed with the same Metro style giving an impressive unity to the UI across all apps - even more so than with iOS. The people hub is brilliant. It mixed my contacts (which were a complete mess) from Windows Live, Outlook, Facebook, GMail into one, clean, deduped list. Any interaction you want to do with someone is right there in one place.

As for the hardware, again, resist the temptation to focus on specs. The resolution is nothing like the retina by the numbers, but its beautiful. The blacks are extremely black which looks stunning with the black-heavy Metro UI. The colors pop and Nokia's proprietary coated glass cuts glare and looks impressive. My only complaint about the screen is that it tends to really show fingerprints.

The camera is great, but maybe not the very top available. Its better than the camera on my Motorola Atrix. In comparisons with the iPhone 4s, it seems to be a matter of situation as to which produces the better image. The Lumia 900's images tends to be warmer in general. Sometimes that looks really great, sometimes you want to tweak it a bit.

Overall, this phone is great! Its a real looker. I've had numerous people ask me what phone I have when I've been out in the last few days. I dont know if the public at large is ready to try a new OS, but I'm convinced that if they do, they will love the Lumia 900 running the Windows Phone OS.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best smartphone available... and a beauty!, April 11, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
My first phone was a Nokia (6110) in 1998. Then, I almost had all brands! I finally got my Lumia 900. This is such a perfect phone: beauty of the design, responsiveness, nice and user friendly operating system (Android is such a complex and basd OS in comparison), great camera (it will not substitute a real camera, but still, great), nice sound...

I also got the Zune Pass at $10/month with unlimited music download.

All of this for $0!

Buy it and enjoy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Review From A IPHONE User, June 7, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Unfortunately the majority of the knocks on the LUMIA 900 and the Windows OS (MANGO) are so obviously written from a "...because its not like the IPHONE" point of view. I struggled for a longtime with the decision to break away from the APPLE ecosystem. I have a IPAD but I still use my PC for productivity. The IPAD and the IPHONE work together so seamlessly. All my plugs and adapters work together so why not stay with APPLE?

The fact is that the change isn't nearly as dramatic as I thought it would be and the phone works beautifully. I wanted something different and because WINDOWS/NOKIA is competing they throw everything at you. For $99, I get built in Navigation (voiced), Transit schedules (every major city and then some), Maps (for online and offline use), Text Messaging (read & written by voice via bluetooth), Code Scanners (those weird boxes u see in magazine ads and store windows), etc. Yeah I know the IPHONE has all that for $100 more. The reality is that the specs are irrelevant to most of you. Someone writes that the IPHONE's pixel density on the screen is superior. Trust me when I tell u that you won't notice. That is for someone looking for a writing point. The camera? Well the Iphone 4s does have sharper pictures but again you won't notice much and I use my Canon for important pictures anyway. ITUNES versus ZUNE. It seems like a pain to have both since I still use my shuffle for the gym but want content on my windows phone. Its not. Unlike ITUNES, ZUNE isn't a space hog and easily reads the music on your computer and translates it to Zune format for easy transfer to your phone. Perfect, even though I don't use my phone in the gym but only keep podcasts on my phone. The ITUNES APP STORE is bigger by far but I find that with the exception of Words With Friends I miss nothing. APPS are overrated since most of us only use 20% of the ones on our phone.

As for the size of the LUMIA, ask yourself why the new IPHONE is getting a larger screen? The LUMIA is not hard to hold but no it is not as small as the Iphone. You get used to it just like you got use to the touch screen when you thought that wasn't gonna ever happen. Well that is a good thing since many of us have started using our phone to type emails and documents*, watch movies, play games, etc. The bigger screen is so much better for those things. You buy a case which has rubberized grips and your fine. Besides, the LUMIA's build quality is great and doesn't bulge crazy in my suit jacket. It is just fine in my car cup holder and obviously a bag holds everything fine. So, ignore the APPLE shilling among the AT&T employees (they get a bigger commission I suspect from the IPHONE)and jump on the next cool thing and stop being like everyone else. You will have no buyers remorse. This phone is beautiful. *Microsoft Office on your phone has the wonderful benefit of making editing, downloading, and reading documents on your phone a wonderfully easy and intuitive experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nokia's Windows Phone Rocks, May 25, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I had to learn iPhone and Android because I am the "go-to" person for both my husband and my boss. I loved the iPhone OS, but found the Android OS clunky and awkward. I had an old Nokia running Symbian - awesome hardware, but few apps available.

I had just received a Lumia 700 as a gift. Being a Microsoft hater, I was shocked how much I liked the Windows OS. I like the seamless integration with my Live account. I also loved the actual phone, but was used to a better screen. Then I saw the 900 . . . I lusted after it, BAD. I decided that it was worth insulting my gift-giver and ordered the phone.

And now, with SkyDrive, even if I lose my phone, I don't lose all my files. When I activated my new 900, everything from my 700 was automatically there! OMG - I LOVE IT. I would be lost without Nokia Maps and Nokia Drive. Both apps work so much better than my old GPS.

The screen is unbelievably bright with great contrast. Videos are beautiful on this screen. Camera is great, the panoramic stitching is amazing.

This phone is great for the smart-phone newbie or the smart-phone junkie. It really has something for everyone. And the number of useful apps seems to be growing rapidly. I really can't say enough about this phone.

‹ Previous | 16 7 846 | Next ›
ARRAY(0x99e10a74)

Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T)
Click for more info