5.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect
Seriously, you cannot buy a better smartphone at this price. I purchased mine at my local corporate AT&T store for $99 during the pre-sale. I received the phone on Friday the 6th and as someone who has had Blackberry's, Windows Mobile (old versions), several Android devices and even tried an iPhone for a while, this is the best phone I have ever used.

The...
Published on April 8, 2012 by K. Struck

3.0 out of 5 stars Former Android and iPhone user. One of the best phones you haven't tried
I am a long time Android user and have had at least five Android phones including original Galaxy S, G2X and Galaxy S2. I would consider myself a power user having tried many custom roms including CyanogenMod, software mods, Voodoo Sound, and themes on my Android phones. Android is the best for those that love customizing their phones. You can customize pretty much...
Published 23 months ago by audigy

‹ Previous | 17 8 946 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars At first didn't know if I would like it, two days in and I love it!, May 6, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Great phone all around, the user interface is perfect. Not to messy or cluttered, wicked easy to use. The amount of apps are fine, the majority of apps on Android is impressive yet wouldn't use 75% of them, this gets the job done in a new and sleak way. Really am happy I stuck with it past the first day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, May 5, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
This is the best phone avaialable in market. Excellent battery life. Nice screen size. Most of all the apps + excellent games from xbox. + Zune software integration with wifi podcast makes it a real smart phone. Syncs happen on wifi while the phone is charging. Very Snappy interface. Live tiles tells me number of emails in my inbox + missed calls right in my face without going into email app. Only thing I dont like is Camera (blue tint in low light situations) but performs well in good light and outdoors. Love the GPS app Nokia Drive which comes free with the phone(Does not require data plan or any service from your att). Otherwise similar app on iphone cost thirty nine bucks.(think garmin). Form(polycabonate body) and feel of the phone is also good(some may find it little too big to hold in hand but you will get used to it. Little lighter than iphone 4 for sure.

I moved from iphone 4 to this phone and dont miss iphone at all. Yes it took me a day or two get used to new interface but i guess thats acceptable for whole new OS. Tip pressing back arrow key twice closes the app.

All in all love this phone, would recommend it anyone.
Nokia Lumia 900 4G Windows Phone, Black (AT&T)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet. So far..., May 4, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Well, it's time to upgrade the old blackjack 2 that's treated me well the last few years. Disliking itunes, i needed to decide between wp7 and android. Didn't take long for me to choose wp7. Unfortunately (or maybe it's a good thing) there aren't too many high end wp7 phones available. I narrowed things down to the Lumia or Titan 2. I preferred the feel of the Lumia and gave it a shot.

Having used it for only half a day now, i'm very impressed. The screen is gorgeous, and in my opinion, the perfect size. The pixels aren't as dense as on the 4s my wife has, but still very very good. I'm amazed at the zero lag with anything i've done on the phone... texting, adding contacts, adding accounts, searching, scrolling, panning... it's extremely responsive, just as much as the ios (in my opinion). Camera seems good, but not quite the same quality as the current iphone. But really, if i want to take solid pictures, i'm going to be using my DSLR not a phone, no matter which phone i have. I haven't even made a call yet, so can't comment on that. Battery life seems decent so far, especially for how much i've played with it today.

The phone and it's OS are clear, simple, efficient and very effective at getting things done. I don't need my phone to do everything for me. What i do need my phone to do, this Nokia looks to do them great. That's all i wanted and so far am extremely happy with my decision. I'll update if that changes, but things look very good =) definitely recommend this phone and wp7!

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't go wrong with NOKIA Lumia 900, April 29, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I upgraded from iPhone 3GS and I must say that I have been very impressed with Lumia 900 so far. This phone is a looker and feels nice in my hand. I was initially afraid that 4.3" screen would be too big for me but I pre-ordered it anyway and I'm glad I did :-)

The WP7 OS is slick and silky smooth. My favorite feature of all is the People Hub. Facebook and Twitter (the two things I use most) are nicely integrated into People Hub. I no longer have to jump back and forth between Facebook app to Twitter.

For those that bought a black one because of it's professional look but want to have/feel the charm of the white Lumia 900, I would recommend a white case I recently bought thru eBay [...]

Here is how it looks on my phone. It adds some thickness but it ain't bad at all.

[...]

For those that are still not sure if Lumia 900 is for you, I would suggest that you go to one of the AT&T stores and play with it for some time. It will not disappoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome phone again from Nokia!, April 26, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I moved here from South Asia and I have been using iphones(3GS and 4) for couple of years because here in US I didn't find Nokia smartphone. When i knew Nokia Lumia was coming to AT&T, I ordered one. Very excited to have Nokia Phone again after a long time. I love Nokia phone because of its build quality, design, great in call reception, call clarity, and a lot to mention.........(uufff tired).
I have been using Nokia Phones from my childhood. The long time i used one of their phones is Nokia 1100 which i've heard they sold 250 million at that time. Still none of the cell phones brand even imagine it. When i got Lumia 900 i went to bed lately, playing with the new Windows Software which i also like it because it's so simple to use and blazing fast. The only negative about the OS is the lack of apps which other reviewers mentioned earlier in their posts. I don't have to mention the pros of this phone as they are already posted here.

NOKIA LUMIA 900 IS AN AWESOME PHONE.

5.0 out of 5 stars The future is here, April 18, 2012
Daniel Andresen (Long Beach, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I love my new windows phone! I have been a fan of the iPhone since the first one came out. I can line up my collection of every iPhone model (except the 4s). It was going to take a lot to get me to change teams, and this is the device to do it! I tried the HTC Evo when it first came out, but it was so clunky and Android seemed like an endless maze of clicks and menus to perform any task, and the UI was just so ugly!

This phone is sturdy, fast, clean, functional, and innovative! Apple products have become too mainstream and boring. This is something fresh and new and I can't wait to watch the platform mature.

Things I love:
* Integrated contacts (the concept that a person is a person, not a Facebook person, twitter person, etc)
* Integrated messaging
* Zune subscription (download all the music I want into my library for a flat monthly fee)
* Live tiles!! (so much better than static apps, I can see the weather and stocks on my home screen!)
* Voice control! (with the Bluetooth in my car, I can listen and reply to text messages without ever taking the phone out of my pocket)
* Quick, snappy, clean UI, beautiful, smooth animations
* Next appointment and message counts on the lock screen

Things I'd like to see:
* Ability to disable auto-rotation
* Custom text tones for contacts
* Battery Percentage on the status bar
* A way to view past notifications
* A few apps I miss from my iPhone
* Better Multitasking

I know I listed a lot of "complaints", but those are very minor in my opinion and can all be fixed in future software releases. I've been using this phone for almost a week and I'm already in love and convincing my friends to make the switch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got sick of iPhone, Try this one, April 17, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I was with iPhone since launch, until lately iPhone4 was just behaving unpredictably and getting slow when i updated to iOS5. Added to these nuances i was boared of IPhone. Tried Android, as many of the latest phones had great H/W specs. But something about Android, it felt like I always had to tinker and customize to my needs. And needless to say some mundane apps just crash frequently. I also felt lost with Many applications in Google app store and their genuineness. I tried Windows Phone on Lumia 900, I must say "I am not switching phones anytime soon!". With this phone i feel I have a device which acts as a phone first and as a smartphone second. This is how i felt when i got my hands on Iphone 1st gen.

Overall great device, great job done by Nokia and Microsoft

-Prasant

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Phone!, April 16, 2012
M. Barrera (McAllen, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I bought this phone on Amazon Wireless for $50 with a two year contract. I then got a $100 credit from Nokia. So, actually, Nokia paid me net $50 to use this incredible phone. First, the windows phone mango software is incredible. The software has two main screens that have everything on them. You don't have to fish around on several screens and then dig down. It seems as if Microsoft thought of every hassle you endure with a smartphone entering and processing information and made it simple and easy. I am blown away by the quality and ease of use of the software.

The hardware part of the phone is also great. The hardware fits together well. The buttons on the phone seem a little fragile, but I have had no problem with them. I find that I end up pressing on the dedicated camera button by accident while I am using the phone. The good thing is that there is a short delay on the button that does not engage the camera until it is held done for about two seconds. Overall, the hardware is outstanding. The glass and polycarbonate fit seamlessly and the phone is beautifully put together. The screen is incredible and is one of the best I have seen.

My only complaint is that you almost have to have a computer engineering degree to transfer your contacts from your nonwindows phone to this one. I have a Blackberry and had to export my contacts in "csv" format to my desktop's windows 7 contacts. I then had to create a second profile in Outlook to import the "csv" file so as not to mix my email work contacts with my phone contacts. After importing the contacts to my new outlook profile, I had to sync this with my windows live id. After this I had to go to my phone and sync my windows phone contacts with my windows live account. Doing this was a pain in the you know what.

Now that everything is set up and working properly, it is my opinion that this phone is better overall than the iphone. Apple has its work cut out for it in order to build a better phone than this one in its next iteration of the iphone. My kids have dumped my wife's iphone 4 and won't quit bothering me to get ahold of this phone. Get it! You won't be sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME Phone! Worth the money and doesn't look like every phone out there!, April 16, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I have had this phone for a week or so. All the cell phones I have ever owned have been Nokias. I am loyal to the core. No company makes the hardware as great as Nokia. Previously, I had a Nokia E71X and let me tell you...you can throw a Nokia phone against a wall and it will not break..too bad the old Sybian system did not do well. It was easy to use. Nokia phones are made to last. Not cheap looking like the iphone.
Anyway, the Windows system is a breeze to figure out.
My phone was charged out of the box. I had it up and running within 10 minutes. Was able to tranfer all my contact and more from my old Nokia via bluetooth easily. The picture on this phone is GORGEOUS. There are not many applications yet like android or the iphone, but that will come in time..the more people use them. I cannot highly recommend this phone enough. Get this phone and see for yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars surprisingly excellent, April 12, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I've owned quite some phones, from normal feature phones to iPhones. I was quite sceptical due to win mobile's bad reputation, but after trying it in-store I decided to give it a chance. The phone is so different and beautiful, and the system is just a joy to use and even look at. With the facebook integration, the tiles are not bland at all, but blistering with photos and information. It s said that there is no personalisation on windows phones, but for me the ability to see updated photos of my friends and family integrted into the intface makes the phone more persona than custom lanchers could ever do.
Sure, there might be fewer apps, but I foun everything I needed. If you need a phone that's beautiful, fast and just works, you can't go wrong with this gem.

‹ Previous | 17 8 946 | Next ›