5.0 out of 5 stars For $100 or Less, Nokia's Lumia 900 is Hard to Beat
Let me preface this by saying that I received my Lumia 900 from AT&T two days ago, and what a phone it is! First off, I received the phone for free with an AT&T service plan. That is hard to beat. But even for the price of the new iPhone, which I understand is a couple of hundred dollars, I think this phone is worth it.

Software:
The connectivity and ease...
Published on April 8, 2012 by Paul

1.0 out of 5 stars "Poof" all your pictures are gone
Warning! The Lumia 900 with Windows 7 does not sync internal memory or retain internal memory during a reset. Don't know why, but my phone reset itself to factory settings last night while sitting on a desk recharging. I had taken tons of pictures at a memorial service for a dear family member and all are gone. I usually back up my pictures to my computer often but...
Published 12 months ago by W. Morgan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 518 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Phone...get it!, April 12, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Easily the best phone I've owned, due in equal measure to the operating system and the phone itself. Nokia and Microsoft have done their homework and have created a mighty impressive product. The operating system is so smooth, effortlessly intuitive and great looking, that it leaves Android and iPhone in the dust.

I was initially concerned about the lack of support for multi-core processors, but for whatever reason(s), this is simply not an issue with this phone and operating system. I have experienced zero hesitation no matter what apps I'm running and no matter what I am doing with the phone. This baby runs as smooth as silk. I was also concerned about the relative lack of apps, but 95% of apps are derivative and/or useless anyway. All of the apps I used previously have been available (or an equivalent app), with the exception of Chase and United Airlines. Their mobile web sites will do just fine for now.

As for entertainment, the Zune music, video and game experience is head and shoulders above Google's Play store (or whatever they're calling it now) and iTunes. The interface is slick and intuitive. The Zune marketplace has everything I've searched for and wanted to purchase.

In short, do not be afraid to make the switch to this phone. I was a bit hesitant and now I couldn't be happier that I made the leap of faith. I've rarely been so impressed with a purchase. Kudos to Microsoft and Nokia for an awesome product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best phone i ever owned., April 11, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I bought two phones on Monday one cyan and a black... I have never had I phone this good. I've been using smart phones since the htc 8100 and this phone is the best built quality that I have had, I really love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A phone Steve Jobs would have loved to have, April 10, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
If calls is what you miss most in your iPhone then this is the phone you need to have.
Remember the presentation Jobs gave about how all smart phones loose signals when held at certain position, well Nokia has done something which the biggest company in world couldn't do. This is the one smartphone which is also a great phone, apart from everything which a smartphone does, this is a great phone too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lumia 900 Exceeds my expectations!, April 10, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
My husband and I gave up our iPhones for the new Nokia Lumia 900. We've been iphone consumers since the 1st generation. I have to say, this phone exceeded my expectations. The phone is sturdy and well built. The screen is huge compared to my iphone and it is lightning fast with the 4G LTE. I was concerned about the apps, but when I checked, the only apps I am missing is Words with Friends and Instagram. So, really, I can live without those for a little while until they come to windows phone. The windows phone operating system is very intuitive as well. I really like it. I love the live tiles and the deep integration to my social networks (facebook and twitter). All in all, I am very happy with this phone and would recommend it to all my friends and family!

5.0 out of 5 stars A near perfect phone!, April 10, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I used to be an iPhone 4 user who jumped almost blindly to the Windows Phone bandwagon when it first came out about two years ago. Before that I swore I would never use Windows Mobile again. Well Windows Phone is not Windows Mobile and why did I abandon the bounty of the iOS camp and took a chance with Windows Phone? It was the design of the Windows Phone OS. Metro to me looked like the future and as a developer, I was stoked about all the behind the scenes plumbing that Microsoft did on the OS and how those little touches could enhance the user experience. I spoke to a friend about Windows Phone and compared it to an infant going up againts two giants, iOS and Android. It did not look like a fair fight then, but I always thought of Windows Phone as an infant but with Superman DNA and one day that infant is gonna grow up and kick some!! With the Mango release, Windows Phone has grown up and I think we are going to be in for some treat on the next major release, Apollo. But despite offering what I truly feel is the best user experience of any smartphone OS, Windows Phone has not quite caught on. An excellent OS alone can't sell, Windows Phone needed a Hero device. The Nokia 900 is that Hero device. On a sea of iCopycat phones, the 900 stands out, proudly pimping out Windows Phone's live tiles on its gorgeous screen. I can sum up my 4 day experience with the phone as this -> The first time I booted up Windows Phone, I thought I could never go back to iOS, and the first time I saw and held the 900, I thought I can no longer go back to the other manufacturers. Sorry Samsung, HTC, and others. I am officially a Nokia sheep now. Mmmmmeeeeeeeee (sheep sound).

Update 4/19/2012

After using the phone for two weeks now, I can say without a doubt that this is the best phone I've ever used. It is way better than my previous two phones (iPhone 4 and Samsung Focus) in a number of ways:

1) Cellular Reception - I can now make and receive calls at home. At&t's signal at my neighborhood is pathetic but with this phone, it's not an issue at all

2) Crystal clear voice signal - I no longer have to bury the phone hard on my ears to hear the other person I'm talking to.

3) Stonger wifi reception - not even close. My wireless N router is located in my living room and with my previous phones and even the iPad (well the iPad is known to have lousy wifi) I can barely get a signal in my bedroom. Not a problem with this phone at all!!

4) Stonger/Faster Cellular data reception - again, not even close. I can now stream internet music on my 40 mile drive to work with no breakup or interruption. Even streaming from Zune (known to have issues with slow cellular data connection) is no longer a problem! Just stellar!

5) Longer battery life - at the very least, it matches that of my iPhone 4, and that's with live tiles and LTE antenna. Again, stellar!

6) Audio quality - not as good as a dedicated music player like Zune HD, but very close and blows away my Samsung Focus and definitely better than iPhone 4.

7) Speakers - again, not even close. This thing is loud!

8) Build quality - as good as Apple's products. Nuff said.

9) Looks - space age cool and most definitely stands out from the pack. I can honestly say this is more appealing than the iPhone 4.

10) Screen - not the hi-res screen that most reviewers knock the phone for as compared to the iPhone, but I'll take this gorgeous vibrant screen any day over the iPhone. If you don't believe me, open up the email app on this phone and the iPhone4 and compare them side by side.

And last but not least -> great customer service! Nokia owned up to their quality control issue with the initial batch of phones that got shipped with the wrong firmware version and corrected the issue immediately in a way that no other company I can recall has done before. Hats off to Nokia!

5.0 out of 5 stars switched from iphone to Nokia, April 10, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I've always been a longtime fan of Nokia. They have such beautiful phones and hardware. Prior to getting this phone I was using an iphone 4. The iphone 4 is a great phone, but I still prefer the hardware from Nokia. The screen is bigger which helps with not straining my eyes and the Windows phone OS is actually very snappy and faster than the iphone. Only thing is it would be nice to have more apps on the Windows phone, but that's okay because they have Yelp, Opentable, and all the main ones that I like to use. Overall, it's a great phone with nice looking hardware. (got it in blue and the color really pops :D)

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD JOB NOKIA!, April 10, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
This phone is simply amazing. So much more intimate than any phone in terms of build quality, it feels like NOKIA and Apple were melted together to form the most elegant and durable device. I really like the headphone jack metal rim ring, it looks super cool along with the FCC curved letter stamping on the bottom. Just little details that are usually over looked on other phones, are made so beautiful on this device. I really can't get over how snappy it is, I was really expecting it not live up to the hype to be honest. At&t LTE pulling 30+ Mbps... -_- makes my home internet seem more like molasses. More than worth the wait. The 1.4ghz processor is no slouch and much better experience than my friends Samsung Focus. I heard a few sites bashing the camera, I wouldn't say there's anything wrong, it does take on its own character but the images really are good, and not over saturated like most phones, its quite pleasing to eye. The speaker is solid and good for media play back, it position makes it really hard to accidentally cover the sound, and even if you do cover the speaker holes, you can still hear the sound as if it werent covered...awesome! The vibrate functions at near hummingbird speed, some might mistake it as an odd sound, but it's just good hardware, maybe too good. REALLY amazing front facing camera, its almost unbelievable that a front camera would look that clear. So believe the hype, Go play with one at a retail. GOOD JOB NOKIA

5.0 out of 5 stars THE Smartphone to have!, April 9, 2012
P. Gibson (Indianapolis, IN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I received my Cyan Nokia Lumia 900 on Friday morning from AT&T. All I can say is WOW. I upgraded from the WP7 Trophy on the Verizon network to the Lumia. Verizon obviously doesn't want to support the Windows Phone lineup so I went back to AT&T. I was lucky to get the phone for free on the AT&T promo for new customers.

This thing is very fast. I have had the iPhone, iPhone 3GS, Motorola Droid X, and the HTC Trophy. This thing blows them all away.

The screen is really something to see. Not only is it incredibly sharp, but outside in direct sunlight it is easy to see. It's almost strange how easy it is to see this thing outside.

Battery life is impressive. I had the extended 2200 mh battery on my Trophy and this 1800 mh comes very close to that runtime. A whole day of use is very easy. Checking emails, FB, twitter, occasional video/music playback, the battery still is 1/4 full at the end of the day.

LTE coverage here in Indianapolis is pretty good on AT&T. Again, the speed of this device can't be overstated. It's a single core that runs like a dual core Android.

I'm an Apple guy. 2 Macbook pros, an iMac, and an iPad. But this thing works better than an iPhone. Believe me. I've tried em. I'm not a Microsoft fan but I'm sold on WP7.

They should call it something else! I understand the MS stigma. My advice-Get over it! :) You should at least look at this thing! Hate to sound like a fanboy but I want this platform to do well so I can keep using it in the future. I'm selfish!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bulletproof, May 24, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Prior blackberry user. Tried the Apple and Android offerings. I'm not a fan of being locked into the "Apple world", so the iphone is not an option despite decent hardware and software. Every Android phone I've used has been glitchy. The Nokia Lumia 900 windows phone combines the reliabity and utility of blackberry and the fun of Apple in one amazing package. This phone is powerful, simple, and just works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this phone, May 19, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
The GPS system on lumia 900 is the best, and way better than those available on IOS.
Love this since the first day I purchased.
The only downside is it's a bit hard to get a car mount which can holds this device. Hope Nokia can make more accessories and have them available in the States soon.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 518 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa4483f6c)

Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T)
Click for more info