5.0 out of 5 stars For $100 or Less, Nokia's Lumia 900 is Hard to Beat
Let me preface this by saying that I received my Lumia 900 from AT&T two days ago, and what a phone it is! First off, I received the phone for free with an AT&T service plan. That is hard to beat. But even for the price of the new iPhone, which I understand is a couple of hundred dollars, I think this phone is worth it.

Software:
The connectivity and ease...
Published on April 8, 2012 by Paul

1.0 out of 5 stars "Poof" all your pictures are gone
Warning! The Lumia 900 with Windows 7 does not sync internal memory or retain internal memory during a reset. Don't know why, but my phone reset itself to factory settings last night while sitting on a desk recharging. I had taken tons of pictures at a memorial service for a dear family member and all are gone. I usually back up my pictures to my computer often but...
Published 23 months ago by W. Morgan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 518 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Phone...get it!, April 12, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Easily the best phone I've owned, due in equal measure to the operating system and the phone itself. Nokia and Microsoft have done their homework and have created a mighty impressive product. The operating system is so smooth, effortlessly intuitive and great looking, that it leaves Android and iPhone in the dust.

I was initially concerned about the lack of support for multi-core processors, but for whatever reason(s), this is simply not an issue with this phone and operating system. I have experienced zero hesitation no matter what apps I'm running and no matter what I am doing with the phone. This baby runs as smooth as silk. I was also concerned about the relative lack of apps, but 95% of apps are derivative and/or useless anyway. All of the apps I used previously have been available (or an equivalent app), with the exception of Chase and United Airlines. Their mobile web sites will do just fine for now.

As for entertainment, the Zune music, video and game experience is head and shoulders above Google's Play store (or whatever they're calling it now) and iTunes. The interface is slick and intuitive. The Zune marketplace has everything I've searched for and wanted to purchase.

In short, do not be afraid to make the switch to this phone. I was a bit hesitant and now I couldn't be happier that I made the leap of faith. I've rarely been so impressed with a purchase. Kudos to Microsoft and Nokia for an awesome product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best phone i ever owned., April 11, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I bought two phones on Monday one cyan and a black... I have never had I phone this good. I've been using smart phones since the htc 8100 and this phone is the best built quality that I have had, I really love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A phone Steve Jobs would have loved to have, April 10, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
If calls is what you miss most in your iPhone then this is the phone you need to have.
Remember the presentation Jobs gave about how all smart phones loose signals when held at certain position, well Nokia has done something which the biggest company in world couldn't do. This is the one smartphone which is also a great phone, apart from everything which a smartphone does, this is a great phone too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lumia 900 Exceeds my expectations!, April 10, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
My husband and I gave up our iPhones for the new Nokia Lumia 900. We've been iphone consumers since the 1st generation. I have to say, this phone exceeded my expectations. The phone is sturdy and well built. The screen is huge compared to my iphone and it is lightning fast with the 4G LTE. I was concerned about the apps, but when I checked, the only apps I am missing is Words with Friends and Instagram. So, really, I can live without those for a little while until they come to windows phone. The windows phone operating system is very intuitive as well. I really like it. I love the live tiles and the deep integration to my social networks (facebook and twitter). All in all, I am very happy with this phone and would recommend it to all my friends and family!

5.0 out of 5 stars switched from iphone to Nokia, April 10, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I've always been a longtime fan of Nokia. They have such beautiful phones and hardware. Prior to getting this phone I was using an iphone 4. The iphone 4 is a great phone, but I still prefer the hardware from Nokia. The screen is bigger which helps with not straining my eyes and the Windows phone OS is actually very snappy and faster than the iphone. Only thing is it would be nice to have more apps on the Windows phone, but that's okay because they have Yelp, Opentable, and all the main ones that I like to use. Overall, it's a great phone with nice looking hardware. (got it in blue and the color really pops :D)

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD JOB NOKIA!, April 10, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
This phone is simply amazing. So much more intimate than any phone in terms of build quality, it feels like NOKIA and Apple were melted together to form the most elegant and durable device. I really like the headphone jack metal rim ring, it looks super cool along with the FCC curved letter stamping on the bottom. Just little details that are usually over looked on other phones, are made so beautiful on this device. I really can't get over how snappy it is, I was really expecting it not live up to the hype to be honest. At&t LTE pulling 30+ Mbps... -_- makes my home internet seem more like molasses. More than worth the wait. The 1.4ghz processor is no slouch and much better experience than my friends Samsung Focus. I heard a few sites bashing the camera, I wouldn't say there's anything wrong, it does take on its own character but the images really are good, and not over saturated like most phones, its quite pleasing to eye. The speaker is solid and good for media play back, it position makes it really hard to accidentally cover the sound, and even if you do cover the speaker holes, you can still hear the sound as if it werent covered...awesome! The vibrate functions at near hummingbird speed, some might mistake it as an odd sound, but it's just good hardware, maybe too good. REALLY amazing front facing camera, its almost unbelievable that a front camera would look that clear. So believe the hype, Go play with one at a retail. GOOD JOB NOKIA

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great device!!!, April 16, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
First of all buyers should be aware of the data bug issue.. Nokia fixed this on April 16th so if your device came with an older version, you have to use Zune to update the firmware.. This process will take 20 minutes and you have just to click next and wait.

I do not want to mention the great things this device offer, everyone know that the built quality, call quality, design , ...etc is A++++, so I just want to mention the things that i did not like:

+ I wish there is an LED indicator that will tell you if you have a notification like a text message, email ...etc while the screen is off.

+ The Micro USB Charger is on the top!!! really!! this mean if you have micro USB charger cradle you have to flip the phone upside down :)

Overall I think this phone is a great great device and I think WP7 is the most usable and informative OS you can use.. Android is buggy and memory/power monster and iOS is pretty much useless in the home screen.

And for the Apps I know that WP7 has only 70K now but for an adult it already has my main apps from Banking, credit cards, news, social networking ..etc so i do not care if they do not have angry birds space..

And for all WP7 haters,,I had HTC Evo since launch and I bought my ipad over a year now, so i used both OS before trying WP7.

5.0 out of 5 stars Radio Rocks, April 12, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I have been so happy with my phone and then I downloaded iheart radio and listening to best classic rock ever made from LA and I just had an OMG. Moment....the speaker is awesome and I have it at 10 on a scale of30 eve at 24 the phone wasn't. Vibrating.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE Smartphone to have!, April 9, 2012
P. Gibson (Indianapolis, IN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I received my Cyan Nokia Lumia 900 on Friday morning from AT&T. All I can say is WOW. I upgraded from the WP7 Trophy on the Verizon network to the Lumia. Verizon obviously doesn't want to support the Windows Phone lineup so I went back to AT&T. I was lucky to get the phone for free on the AT&T promo for new customers.

This thing is very fast. I have had the iPhone, iPhone 3GS, Motorola Droid X, and the HTC Trophy. This thing blows them all away.

The screen is really something to see. Not only is it incredibly sharp, but outside in direct sunlight it is easy to see. It's almost strange how easy it is to see this thing outside.

Battery life is impressive. I had the extended 2200 mh battery on my Trophy and this 1800 mh comes very close to that runtime. A whole day of use is very easy. Checking emails, FB, twitter, occasional video/music playback, the battery still is 1/4 full at the end of the day.

LTE coverage here in Indianapolis is pretty good on AT&T. Again, the speed of this device can't be overstated. It's a single core that runs like a dual core Android.

I'm an Apple guy. 2 Macbook pros, an iMac, and an iPad. But this thing works better than an iPhone. Believe me. I've tried em. I'm not a Microsoft fan but I'm sold on WP7.

They should call it something else! I understand the MS stigma. My advice-Get over it! :) You should at least look at this thing! Hate to sound like a fanboy but I want this platform to do well so I can keep using it in the future. I'm selfish!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Stellar Phone!, April 18, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
All I can say is this is truly the only phone that has covered all its bases in terms of having close to no shortfalls. It's easy to fall to cliche and say that it is better than the iPhone, but it TRULY is better than the iPhone in my opinion. Despite being a locked AT&T phone, there is extreme elasticity in terms of being able to personalize the device. From endless free apps, to absolutely seamless xbox live/facebook/twitter/email integration, this phone has surpassed all expectations. To boot, the phone was $50!(And before the 21st of April there is a rebate for $50 to $100 on top of that!

The hardware is absolutely magnificent, feeling like the $500 phone that it really is(unlocked) and feeling like the supreme quality that has become associated with Nokia over the years.

Furthermore, there are things like Nokia maps, Nokia drive, and Nokia transit that will give you voice directions on how to get places by car, public transportation or just plain maps(FREE).

The voice recognition software is by far the best that I have ever used in my experiences. Not only did it understand me, but it understood my heavily-accented dad's accent! You can even send a message by only having to press one button. With it, you can also search the internet, call a contact, open an app, etc. -Far better speech recognition than Siri-
The three dedicated buttons are absolutely fantastic and crucial. One takes you back one screen, one takes you to the home screen, and one takes you straight to searching for whatever you want!

The speed of this phone is insane, particularly with the 4G LTE feature which truly is faster. Between screens, opening apps, etc.l, this phone is enormously fast.

Overall, the integration that this phone has, between apps and websites truly pushes far above any phone on the market today!

I LOVE MY PHONE!