5.0 out of 5 stars For $100 or Less, Nokia's Lumia 900 is Hard to Beat
Let me preface this by saying that I received my Lumia 900 from AT&T two days ago, and what a phone it is! First off, I received the phone for free with an AT&T service plan. That is hard to beat. But even for the price of the new iPhone, which I understand is a couple of hundred dollars, I think this phone is worth it.

Software:
The connectivity and ease...
Published on April 8, 2012 by Paul

1.0 out of 5 stars "Poof" all your pictures are gone
Warning! The Lumia 900 with Windows 7 does not sync internal memory or retain internal memory during a reset. Don't know why, but my phone reset itself to factory settings last night while sitting on a desk recharging. I had taken tons of pictures at a memorial service for a dear family member and all are gone. I usually back up my pictures to my computer often but...
Published 23 months ago by W. Morgan

‹ Previous | 15 6 718 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Device, April 10, 2012
Seon M (Brooklyn, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
The Lumia 900 is really a great device. The design is simply the best you can find in a smart phone at the moment and while the display doesn't meet those of higher end droids and iPhones the Clear Black Display is stunning. The Live Tiles float on the surface and the colors pop making the experience a pleasure to look at.

The Windows Phone OS has some shortcomings yet remains ahead of its peers in terms of smoothness, integration with social networking services, microsoft ecosytem (skydrive, office, zune, messenger, etc) and its futuristic typograhic metro user interface. The lack of many major apps may be a draw back for some but it is not a deal breaker for me and I suspect countless others as the windows phone marketplace has over 80, 000 apps.

The camera is where the Lumia 900 falls short for me. I am not terribly impressed with the photos. Either they're too dark, noisy or grainy, You may have to fiddle with the settings to get some acceptable shots.

Overall the Lumia is without a doubt the best Windows Phone in the market today. Sound quality is excellent, the device feels solid and exudes quality. My overall score is 8/10 But I am increasing it to 8.5 on pricing. You just can't beat and LTE smartphone of this caliber for $0 - $100.

PS. I crossed posted this short review on the verge as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best phone I've ever used, April 9, 2012
Russell Kuhl (Wakefield, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I was an iPhone and Android user prior to the Windows Phone launch late in 2010. I bought a Windows Phone (it was the Samsung Focus on AT&T) when it launched and was very happy. I put my iPhone in a drawer and haven't taken it out since. Now I've moved on to the Lumia 900 and am even happier. The phone's hardware is solid and very well thought out - - though I do wish they'd put the power/lock button on top instead of on the side...

The phone is very responsive and the screen is very good. Despite the size of the screen, I don't think the phone feels especially large or bulky. In fact, it's very thin and pretty light, too. (I find the iPhone 4s to be heavy and blocky.)

The built-in apps are very good, especially the email interface. It's much better than the email apps on iPhone or Android. When compared to an iPhone, there's a ton more screen real-estate that's available for actually reading your emails since iOS takes up a lot of screen room with navigation buttons. Deleting, filing, etc. are also a lot easier to do.

Speaking of Apps, there are a few big ones out there (like Pandora) that don't exist for Windows Phone (yet) but almost all the ones I want are there. There are now 80,000 apps in the Windows Marketplace and (according to Forbes) it grew at an average of 340 apps per day in March. So, personally, I don't see this as an issue. All the apps I want, I've got (no, I personally don't use Pandora!),

The 4G performance is great and it has tethering (optional with AT&T), too.

All in all, it's a winner. I haven't found anything to complain about with the phone. (I pre-ordered mine and got in 4/6 so I've had a few days to use it.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, April 9, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I have gotten my Lumia 900(blue/Cyan) this morning and I totally love it.
It is a great phone and I initially that I had data issues like a few users mentioned but mine was a case of AT&T forgetting to transfer data plan from my previous phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST PHONE!!!!!, May 31, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I've been loyal Nokia customer all my life. And I just wanna tell you guys this is an amazing phone from Nokia. Moreover, some Nokia users will say that the were tired of the Symbian OS, and now as this is Windows phone, I must tell works better than any Symbian. U just can't beat NOKIA. It was the first company that started to produce cellphone and since then it was the best, is the best and will be the best :D Just don't think more, this is defiantly what you want to buy!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, April 12, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
This is a solid piece of hardware! The Nokia Lumia 900 looks great, feels great, and functions great! There is an issue with data on some handsets (mine included), but Nokia has already identified the problem, given us a roadmap for fixing it, and have promised a $100 rebate for the inconvenience.

The Windows Phone 7 Operating system shines on the Lumia 900

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy convert from Android, May 22, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I previously used a Sony Experia and a Motorola Bravo, both running Android. I can say that I am very pleased with having switched to this phone. I would have seriously considered waiting for the HTC One X, but the price on this phone could not be beat for comparable phones. I also regularly use my wife's iPhone. I think Windows Phone compares very favorably with iPhone as well. Among other features, the live tiles are very nice and the contacts/facebook integration is fantastic. Overall, I am very pleased with the switch. As to apps, the only app I had to have was Good for my work email. Once that came to Windows Phone, I made the switch. Most other apps I use are available.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome OS, Awesome Phone, May 22, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I have owned a lot of smart phones over the past couple years, including an iPhone, and a couple Android phones. I recently bought the Nokia Lumia 900, and I really love it. First off, it is a beautiful device, feels great in the hand, yet is very durable. Second, it is just so quick and easy to use. Compared to Android, it is night and day easier and quicker. I was always so frustrated with my phone before, and now I love it. I find myself using it more and more all the time.

I was recently in New Jersey, and got to try the LTE, and to say I was impressed is an understatement. The LTE service was so fast, I couldn't believe it. I was seeing 18Mbps download speeds!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Design, Build Quality, and Operating System (Windows Phone), May 18, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
So far, this is the most beautiful phone I have ever owned! So much more beautiful that the latest iPhone or Android device. The build quality of the Lumia 900 is excellent! It has a premium feel, and it feels good in the hand. Most importantly, it runs on what I feel is the most well-thought and well-designed phone operating system: Windows Phone 7.5. It's so fast and fluid, my friends and co-workers were so impressed that many have already switched to Windows Phone. And of all the Windows Phones out in the market, the Lumia 900 is easily the best. If you decide on buying one, you won't be disappointed! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, May 5, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I've had an iphone, an android phone and now a windows phone and I wouldn't trade this one in for anything else right now. The OS is so fluid. No hiccups, no crashes, no nothing. Battery life is great even with everything turned on. Keyboard is great, apps are great, screen is amazing. Can't say I've found a single flaw yet. Give it a try and you'll be blown away how well this phone works. I was a total skeptic about buying anything Windows related but it looks like they finally got something right.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Phone from Nokia, May 4, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I upgraded from Iphone 4 to Lumia 900 and so far the phone appears to be pleasing me. Hardware wise phone is excellent. OS looks pretty fast with only exception being the unavailability of major apps.

For the first 2 days of having this phone, I thought I should return it and go back to Iphone. But as I keep using this phone my impression is changing and now I don't want to return it for sure. Was waiting on SIII launch and it came out with 4.8" screen which is way big for me to carry and use as a phone. So, no SIII.

I hope Microsoft will take up building the eco system seriously. Without that Nokia/Windows OS can't win hearts !!

‹ Previous | 15 6 718 | Next ›