5.0 out of 5 stars For $100 or Less, Nokia's Lumia 900 is Hard to Beat
Let me preface this by saying that I received my Lumia 900 from AT&T two days ago, and what a phone it is! First off, I received the phone for free with an AT&T service plan. That is hard to beat. But even for the price of the new iPhone, which I understand is a couple of hundred dollars, I think this phone is worth it.

Software:
The connectivity and ease...
Published on April 8, 2012 by Paul

1.0 out of 5 stars "Poof" all your pictures are gone
Warning! The Lumia 900 with Windows 7 does not sync internal memory or retain internal memory during a reset. Don't know why, but my phone reset itself to factory settings last night while sitting on a desk recharging. I had taken tons of pictures at a memorial service for a dear family member and all are gone. I usually back up my pictures to my computer often but...
Published 12 months ago by W. Morgan

‹ Previous | 16 7 818 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone for @ great value, April 17, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I jumped on to Windows Phone wagon after seeing the Nokia 900 device. It is less or same weight as iPhone 4 (my previous phone).

I like the larger screen and brighter display.

As a newbie to windows phone, it took some time to learn about the WP7.5 features and I love the people tile on the first page. It provides me all the information per person (their emails, chats, FB and Linked in updates).

Maps application is cool.

I am not finding 1 or 2 apps I used to have on iPhone, but I can live without them for a while.

For the price you pay (ZERO $ or get money back from ATT, if you buy it from Amazon), it is a steal!

I love it, love it, love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, Bold, & Brilliant, April 16, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Nokia and Windows Phone are the perfect match. The user interface is intuitive, efficient and getting better all the time. The phone has a fantastic camera, screen and overall feel, the best I have ever used. I would recommend it wholeheartedly to everyone in the market for a smartphone. And it is only $50! Comparing it to the $200 phones that shall not be named here, it is a steal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Moved from Android to Windows Phone, April 16, 2012
lnf001 "Lil" (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Just love my new phone. Granted, it took me a day or so to get used to the design and simplicity and I still love my Samsung Galaxy, but this is a new era in mobile OS development and I am seriously digging the flagship product. I ditched Nokia years ago when they all but disappeard from the US market. After having several unlocked Nokia phones, I finally moved onto Android as soon as I could and left Symbian behind, never to look at it again (Nokia 3630, N75, N80,N85 and N75). I thought i'd never be able to enjoy another piece of fine "phonemanship" and boy was I wrong :-) But enough about my new phone. If you are in the market for a new phone or due for an upgrade, check it out. It's worth it. So far i am missinga single app (SMS backup and restore) but I think the vendors are already looking into it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Build Quality and Best Bang for your Buck, April 15, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I've had this phone since April 6, when it was shipped via AT&T (I didn't buy it from Amazon unfortunately). So far, it has been an incredible upgrade from my previous Windows Phone (HTC Arrive). Breaking it down:

Hardware:
I got the cyan version, and I definitely like the color of this one. It's an eye grabber, and looks great. The screen is a huge upgrade from my previous windows phone. It has been rated the lowest reflective screen out of any smart phone in the market today. Easy to view in bright sunlight. Clearblack is just as advertised. The larger screen is also an upgrade from my previous phone, and I think it's just right. Anything bigger and I'll be annoyed by how it fits in my pocket, but large enough that videos look awesome and viewable by anyone I'm sharing the screen with. The feel of the device is also top-notch, as the polycarbonate body feels great, and the weight of the battery gives it a sturdy build. Also great, LTE is fast, and the coverage in SF Bay Area has been good. Basically LTE wherever I go. As far as the other internals, pretty much the same as my previous phone given the hardware standards by Microsoft. Regardless, the Windows Phone OS is just as silky smooth given its hardware internals. Camera is good, definitely better than my previous phone, so no complaints. Could be better, but good enough for what it is. Nice to have a front-facing camera for Skype and Tango and any other future app that takes advantage of it.

Software OS:
Not much new for Windows Phone here between my old device and new device. It's still the same OS that I liked from my previous phone. Smooth, clean UI. Deep social integration without needing to load or download any apps if you don't want to. I have the requisite apps such as facebook and such installed, but for quick updates, the people hub was all I needed. I was able to get my essential things set up in a matter of minutes. Facebook contacts/im, twitter, work exchange email, hotmail/gmail sync, etc. Reinstalling my previously installed apps were more of a pain, but should be solved in next major WP release. Not much else to say here. People say that the app marketplace is not as large yet, but honestly who the hell uses more than maybe 10-20 apps on a regular basis? I don't, so I don't really care. Then again, I have an iPad and a android tablet, so really, I'm not missing much.

Nokia Apps:
One of the major things between choosing different phone manufacturers for Windows Phone is what apps they provide. I'm definitely not missing much from what HTC offered, as Nokia is offering better and more regularly updated apps. Nokia Drive is awesome for getting somewhere. Only thing they could improve there is better POI database, but works otherwise. Nokia Maps is also an excellent alternative to the fairly good built in Maps. In some cases, it's possibly better. Creative Studio is a nice photo editing app. I love the before after comparison slider. I haven't used Nokia Transit, but it will be great to use if I'm in Europe again.

Xbox Live:
I'm not going to lie, but since I own an Xbox, it's an added benefit to have Xbox games available on my phone. Achievements! I can also check on when my friends are playing quite easily.

Honestly, I can't wait for what Nokia will put out next with the next major Windows Phone release. I'll probably be ready to just pay the premium for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Windows Phone just got better!, April 13, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I switched to a Windows Phone (Samsung Focus) from an iPhone last year, and I never regretted it. Particularly after the WP7 Mango update, the OS is slick, fast and intuitive and simply visually stunning. By comparison, iPhone OS is looking clunky and dated. But the Lumia takes the Windows Phone to an entirely new level.

From an aesthetic standpoint, it is the first phone whose design is equal to the sheer visual beauty of the OS. It grabbed a page from the iPhone minimalism and took it one higher, with smooth uninterrupted lines. And the Cyan color is a nice "pop" - great change from the regular black and white. I hate to even put a cover on this phone. The Clear Black display is crisp and the colors vivid without being unnatural. I LOVE the feel of the Gorilla Glass. It's slicker with a more crystal appearance than my old Focus.

The added Nokia travel apps - Drive, Transit and Nokia Maps give me more bang for the buck than the Windows standard Maps, and the forward-facing Camera will let me get maximum use out of the new Skype app. The battery life has also been fantastic - easily twice the life I was able to get from my Focus.

The only minor complaints I have are the weight (it's balanced, but noticeably heavier than my previous phones), and the camera quality. But this will always be limited by optical distance, so this is a MINOR quibble. I have a DSLR if I want quality photos. I don't expect much more than snaps from my phone - if you are using your phone as a primary camera, I wouldn't recommend it, but it's just not how I use a phone.

I didn't think I could love my Windows Phone more - I was, thankfully, wrong!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A solid chunk of sheer sexy awesomeness chiseled into phone form., April 13, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Ordered the Lumia 900 from the AT&T website to replace my Focus S. (I got the Focus S to replace my orginal Zune when it died, I had been using an Iphone for my phone. (Iphone4, previously Iphone 3g)

The Lumia 900 is sex in hand. The build quality and feel in the hand is amazing. Like a solid chunk of sheer awesomeness chiseled into phone form. The Windows Phone OS is fantastic, it's different from iOS and Android, but in almost every way better. It feels like It's designed to "do" stuff, not just launch apps. And the most common stuff I do I don't need an "app" to do it's just built in and does it well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value. Excellent Design. Excellent Software., April 12, 2012
Ty (Atlanta, GA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I must confess that this is my first review here on Amazon despite using the site for more than a decade now. Why now? Well, because this phone deserves praise for its value, design, and software. Overall, it raises the bar in terms of user experience and functionality.

Value: Nokia just said that they'll credit customers $100 on their first bill to compensate for some minor software glitch (which I have yet to experience) that'll be fixed by 16 April. The phone is essentially free for customers that buy it by 21 April. But just because its free it doesn't mean to say that its a bad phone. Nokia did this to gain marketshare into the smartphone business here in the US which is 80%+ dominated by Android & Apple. Their desperation is your gain. Also, its a high-end smartphone that compares with the iPhone and high-end Android phones. Yes, the apps might be lacking, but its growing and I could seriously care less about the multitudes of worthless apps. Its about quality.

Design: Simply beautiful. Its a head-turner. The unibody design reflects careful attention to detail and the buttons (volume, power, and camera) are well placed for both comfort and functionality. The screen is crisp & stunning, and offers great resolution.

Software: I could care less if its Microsoft, Apple, or Android. What matters to me is how it makes my life easier = FUNCTIONALITY. The phone's software exceeded my expectations in terms of ease of use, responsiveness, intuitiveness, and seamless integration of all my online accounts. I was a bit hesitant at first about the "tiles" but they really make it SO EASY for me to keep abreast of whats happening. The "Linked Inbox Tile" links all my email inbox - Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and Hotmail so I can check all three with just one click of the tile. Also, under the "People tile," I have the ability to link all my contacts on Facebook, Linked-in, and my address book on Gmail, Yahoo, and Hotmail - this gives me the capability to easily call/email/text my friends with just one click!

As far as phone call quality, my friends have noticed better reception and voice quality from me. This is from someone who's been on the Verizon network for almost 8+ years...I happily cancelled my current contract with Verizon to get the Nokia Lumia 900 because I believe this is a great product. Try it and you'll never regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the most beautiful electronic item I have ever owned, April 12, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I generally do not write review but this time I had to make an exception.
I got the Lumia 900 cyan about 4 days back and it is just BEAUTIFUL.
Other reviewers must have covered the technical aspect of it so I am just going to comment about what struck my cord.
This is just the most beautiful phone to ever come out and yes even better than iPhone. Its been 4 days and I keep touching it. The feel is just awesome in hand. I was two minded about the cyan color but this is no ordinary cyan. It has a slight different shade in different light.
Just yesterday the phone was on the bar made of marble. It looks just so beautiful. It is clear that a lot of though have gone into industrial design.

The material it is made up of feels really good in hand and since the phone has curves and not edges it feel really smooth in hand.
And did I mention the screen? Best black level I have seen on a phone.
These days most phone do everything. What sets them apart is industrial design, the emotional connection and beauty of device.
Lumia is just the most beautiful device I have ever owned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, April 12, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
This is a solid piece of hardware! The Nokia Lumia 900 looks great, feels great, and functions great! There is an issue with data on some handsets (mine included), but Nokia has already identified the problem, given us a roadmap for fixing it, and have promised a $100 rebate for the inconvenience.

The Windows Phone 7 Operating system shines on the Lumia 900

5.0 out of 5 stars Great device, April 12, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
This is such a well-built device. The Windows Phone OS is so far ahead and what the other manufacturers are supplying in terms of usability and user experience. All that was needed was a solid piece of hardware, and that's exactly what the Lumia 900 delivers.

‹ Previous | 16 7 818 | Next ›
ARRAY(0x94f77c18)

Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T)
Click for more info