5.0 out of 5 stars For $100 or Less, Nokia's Lumia 900 is Hard to Beat
Let me preface this by saying that I received my Lumia 900 from AT&T two days ago, and what a phone it is! First off, I received the phone for free with an AT&T service plan. That is hard to beat. But even for the price of the new iPhone, which I understand is a couple of hundred dollars, I think this phone is worth it.

Software:
The connectivity and ease...
Published on April 8, 2012 by Paul

1.0 out of 5 stars "Poof" all your pictures are gone
Warning! The Lumia 900 with Windows 7 does not sync internal memory or retain internal memory during a reset. Don't know why, but my phone reset itself to factory settings last night while sitting on a desk recharging. I had taken tons of pictures at a memorial service for a dear family member and all are gone. I usually back up my pictures to my computer often but...
Published 12 months ago by W. Morgan

‹ Previous | 17 8 918 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Nokia pleasure, April 10, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Just received the Nokia Lumia 900. Thankyou to iPhone and Android for forcing Microsoft to improve again. The phone is a little big and a little heavy but works great. I had no trouble activating on AT&T and getting things customized to my taste. The metro style start page is easy to use with the touch screen. Ok, the graphics are not the best but work fine for me, it only has 16 GB of memory but I don't watch movies on my phone. Here is the real joy of Windows Phone 7.5 - it has Microsoft Office built in. No more $10 add-on apps that don't work as well as the real thing. It includes Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and OneNote. It synced with my SkyDrive in less than 1 hour and everything works. My phone can be used as my office. I just have one recommendation - think folders to shorten the start page and app list (apple did).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, April 10, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Nokia and Microsoft joined together to create a great phone. After owning several other smartphones, I have finally found one that meets all my needs. I would recommend this phone to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars An epic phone, just an firmware update away from being perfect, April 9, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I've owned a WP7 since the OS came out in 2010, I've owned the orignal Samsung Focus, The Samsung Focus S and now the Nokia Lumia 900.

I can say without a shadow of a doubt, this is the best phone I've ever owned. I've always thought that all WP7 ever needed to take off was a sexy device...And boy did Nokia deliver, I bought the Cyan colored 900 & let me tell you this phone stops people in their tracks...literally... This past weekend I was sightseeing in a local town, and no less then 10 people stopped me asked and asked which phone I was using.

The Good
Crazy high quality polycarbonate body,for being made of plastic... The Lumia feels rock solid.
AMAZING screen...Seriously, Pictures dont do the AMOLED CBD screen no justice. Best black levels, period.
Great antenna performance, This should be a given on every phone but alas.. its not
Great Battery Life on HSPA+...My area doesn't have LTE yet so I can't test it out under that yet

Middle of the Road
The Physical buttons for Camera, Power and Volume are a little shallow for my taste and a little slippery

The camera....Oh Nokia, if your going to put a designer lens on your phone.. Please make sure the firmware is ready to go at launch. I've done some pretty extensive tests on the camera... Most of its problems have to do with Focus and White balance.. Heres the thing, When you are taking pics outside while the sun is out... The Pictures are AMAZING and I mean high end point and shoot amazing. However, take it indoors under artificial lighting and it all goes downhill. The camera really can't decide what it wants to do with white balance and focus..Its like a 50/50 chance of getting both right. I've found that if you take a moment and fiddle with the settings you can get a decent picture inside, However I dobut anyone will spend the time to get it right. I firmly believe that Nokia will fix both with a future firmware update (Fingers crossed)

App Marketplace

Not someting I can really coment on.. I don't use a whole lot of apps.. WP7 has most of things I use everyday built in soo...

Nokia has created a super nice device that allows WP7 to shine. Once they get the Camera handled the phone will be epic. Untill then its only "Good".. Which in my book means its worth it for you to at least try it and see if you like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Phone I've ever had!, April 9, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
This phone does not keep amazing me. The build quality is impeccable. Everything works in harmony with the OS. Nokia has done a great job with this phone, even though they had not much hardware to choose from. Still, Windows Phone does not need anymore at this time. I recommend this phone to anyone, you won't regret it. And to those worried about apps, we already have more than 80,000 available, and growing at more than 300 per day. I am sure soon we will have nothing to worry about when it comes to apps. The rest comes with Windows Phone 8. ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars There's no better option today than this phone, April 9, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Having had iOS and Android devices, this phone is amazing, even compared against the top tier incumbents. Gorgeous, easy to use, feature packed and smooth as butter, email, text and social networking is head and shoulders better on the Lumia than any other device. The only phone that compares in refinement is the iPhone 4S and at 2X to 4X the price of the Lumia, there just isn't any reason to own a different device unless you are a fanboi or really, really need a specific app only supported on another platform.

The screen is crisp, bright and beautiful. The OS is every bit as smooth as a dual core iPhone and even the quad core ICS Android devices can't match this phone in terms of smoothness. HTML 5 performance in the browser is crazy fast, again outpacing even quad core Android devices. This phone would be good at a premium price, but being able to get this premium phone at an entry level price, there's almost no compelling reason to buy anything else.

As a side note, I have never had more people ask me "what kind of phone is that?" than with the Lumia. This weekend alone, I was stopped several times. Not only is this a great phone, it is great to be seen with, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRAVO Microsoft! KUDOS to Nokia!, April 10, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
We've got 2 amazing looking phones yesterday. You won't be disappointed by this phone! Awesome OS, awesome finish, awesome screen, awesome size, unbeatable price! Business use - no problem! Saves so much time! Facebook heavy user? Welcome! Keeps all your contacts safe and well organized. Realy enjoing!

BRAVO Microsoft! KUDOS to Nokia!

4.0 out of 5 stars Coming from a Iphone 4S, August 18, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
First of all, I love the iPhone. It really is a great phone, and it does surpass the Lumia 900 in many areas. However, I decided to give the 4S to my girlfriend, and give the Lumia 900 a try.
First of all, it's really customizable. Yes, you can uninstall preinstalled apps, and you you can use mp3's as ringtones without an obscene workaround like you have to do with the iphone. This makes it a lot easier to personalize you phone - a thing the iPhone really lacked imho.

Call quality is really good, the messaging system is also great. It's easy to use, though not as easy to set up as the iPhone. It's not as crisp and fast as the iPhone, but the Lumia 900 will hold power all day without the need for a recharge.

The menu system is absolutely cool, and it will get even greater when it gets updated to 7.8 in september 2012. I love the live-tiles, though at the moment, some of them are simply too big and bulky. But 7.8 will fix that.

The lumia has free Nokia GPS which is pretty cool, though I don't use it. But it's there. The maps aren't as good as Google's, but there is an app for that. (Uh, copyright infringement, eh Apple?)

At first I hated that the Lumia 900 imported all my contacts from facebook and twitter, but once I found out that I could group and link people, it really came in handy. Too bad there is a limitation of 20 people in a group, I hope they fix that in a later update. However, the grouping is what is really great, for it also group the content your contacts post on facebook, twitter or whatever. That's absolutely awesome. No more do I have to read about old classmates commenting on pictures of people that I don't know. This limits the info stream to the people I care about.

I hope more apps will appear, and they will - also, I really hope that Microsoft update IE in 7.8, since the browser in no way lives up to Safari on the Iphone.

The image quality on the camera is not as good as the iphone. I also find it rather slow, but the action shot app from nokia helps. The best thing about the camera, is at you don't have to push a button to take the picture; simply press the screen where you want the focus, and the picture is taken. I love that feature. Another good thing is that it is wide angle and f/2,8, which means that it will work in low light conditions.

Last and not least, you don't have the same phone as everybody else. Yes, iPhone and Android phones surpass the Lumia 900 in many ways: Like better browser, camera and more apps in stores. But the windows phone has something I can't really place. I love this phone as much as I loved the Iphone 4s. Perhaps it is because that I'm no longer running around with the same phone as everybody else, or perhaps it is because that I can sort in all the BS coming from facebook and twitter. In any case, I'm happy that I bought this phone, and I give it four stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, Smooth and User-friendly Interface, May 17, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I've had the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, 4S, HTC EVO 4G, Moto Photon, and HTC Arrive. The Nokia Lumia 900 is by far the best in terms of usability, battery life, and design.

Pros:
Good battery life
Great UI
Great Design
LTE Speed is fast
Windows Phone 7.5 is awesome, with some flaws (see cons)

Cons:
Lack of app support

Although I think Windows Phone 7.5 is more stable and more user-friend than iPhone, here are some cons MS really needs to resolve.

1. Windows Live Messenger on the phone only allow you to login to your Live Messenger using the primary Live account you used to set up the phone.

2. Upgrade from Windows Phone 7 to 7.5 allow users to filter out all your Live contacts from your phone book; however, these contacts continue to appear in your phone book search... WHY??? There is a reason why I don't want these contacts to appear on my phone book, why are they appearing in my search?

3. Search - Let's face it, Bing has come a long way and is getting better by the day; however, I still prefer Google, there is no way of setting your default search engine from Bing to Google.

Final Thoughts:
With the cons, I still think this phone works much better than iPhone with the smooth interface and IMO, I don't need all the apps appearing on my screens and having 10 different screens.
Windows Phone allow you to "PIN" apps you actually use often to the main screen with all the apps available on page 2. This is it, which is great, no more 10 screens if I only use 5 or 6 of the apps often and the other 50 once in a blue moon.

Definitely would recommend this phone to anyone contemplating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Windows Phone!, May 9, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I am thrilled with this phone. Having owned iPhones, androids, Blackberrys and Palm os phones, here comes Windows phone 7.5 seemingly out of nowhere. I know the Windows os has been around a long time but it was always overshadowed by other platforms/devices. Well no more....that has now changed. The Windows OS is fantastic...very smooth & intuitive plus it is fast. The call quality is excellent, speakerphone loud & AppStore is very well stocked and will only get better. You will not be disappointed with this phone. Break out of the iPhone/Android/Blackberry mold and try this refreshing Windows phone. BTW: the phone has a solid build and the screen has gorilla glass. The Cyan color is very unique. It's as pretty to look at as I is to use. No cookie cutter design here. The polycarbonate unibod design is Aces and feels great in the hand. The colors also pop on the 4.3 inch screen. Try it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful phone with the best features!, May 7, 2012
Jack M (San Francisco, CA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I've purchased the black Lumia 900 and have been using it for weeks.

I am extremely amazed with the rich features and fluid navigation:

1. Deep social media integration making it extremely easy to share status.
2. Full email support for Exchange server and live tiles notifications.
3. Live tiles on the main screen provides instant status updates.
4. The phone is 100% stable and never crashes. My iPhone and Droids are constantly being rebooted.
5. Great music and video integration with Zune software and Marketplace.
6. For less than $15 a month, you can subscribe to Zune and download unlimited music to listen to. The subscription will also let you keep 10 songs per month.
7. When taking pictures, it automatically uploads to the cloud (SkyDrive). You can easily share documents and photos and store them on SkyDrive, accessible via desktop or the web. No need to plug into the computer.
8. Power efficient and the battery last all day.
9. The Clear Black Display with AMOLED gives bright colors and easily readable under bright light situations.

Over all, a wonderful phone. :^)

‹ Previous | 17 8 918 | Next ›
ARRAY(0x985c545c)

Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan (AT&T)
Click for more info