Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on March 3, 2013
This phone is great! It's the best phone I've ever owned. I have been a dedicated high end Android user, but I found this phone to be a much more satisfying experience than either the iPhone or the Android phones. I want an OS that will meet my current needs and have a great user interface with a good amount of apps available for me to manage my daily mobile cell phone use, and not have to make expensive phone upgrades all the time. The Nokia Lumia 900 is a very well constructed phone.The aesthetics are pleasing, it's modern and function goes well beyond my expectations. It operates very fast and smooth even though it has a single core processor and only 512MB on RAM. If you are not aware of these specs, you might think it has a multi-core processor and more RAM on board. Nokia has come up with a phone that is both pleasing in design and very efficient when it comes to performance. The screen is bright with beautiful color saturated screen, and seems to have less glare outside when it's sunny. I can actually read the screen in such conditions. This is a big plus for me! It has 16GB of ROM, which is plenty by itself, but pared with the 7GB of frees cloud storage, it's more than enough for me. I really don't know what the fuss is about concerning the number of apps available for Windows Phones. Unless you are some kind of developer or techy person, there are plenty of apps available for this phone (both from MS, Nokia and third party) for the everyday cell phone user, even business user. The game apps seems so much more refined (probably because there are a lot of Xbox games available for this phone) and they run beautifully on this phone. I travel a lot and I'm really looking forward to using this phone on my trips. I have always liked Nokia phones because of the quality build and support. When I started using a smartphone I got away from Nokia phones and started my Android experience. Now that Nokia has chosen to team up with MS to re-enter the smartphone market, I wanted to try their phones again. What a lovely surprise! I'm crazy for the Lumia 900 and look forward to future offerings from Nokia, if and when I get tired of this phone or need to upgrade. I recommend this phone, it's quality at affordable prices. Great design, sturdy, fast and very easy to use, especially if you run Windows 8 on your computer. Try it! You won't be sorry. By it from Amazon, the best place to shop and that's coming from a person that doesn't or ever has worked for them. I forgot to tell you that there is an upgrade of the operating system to 7.8, which is very similar to Windows 8, available for this phone. It's very easy to install, just install Zune on your Windows computer, connect your phone to USB, and it will find the upgrade and instruct you how to install.
44 comments|81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 17, 2012
I just bought this phone a few weeks ago and it is gorgeous. The screen just blew me away and the OS is very fast and user friendly. This is the first time I try a Windows phone and I have to say that it's been a wonderful experience. From now on I'll just use Windows phone for my daily use. My next gadget will be Nokia Lumia 920. I just can't look foward for this phone to hit the market. Nokia designs the best and most beautiful phones and now they work with the best OS on the market. Well done, Nokia and Microsoft!

Now, let's talk about Apps. I've read many comments of people talking about the ''lack of app'' on the Marketplace. I can tell my own experience. I come from Android and also I had a Apple iPhone 4S and the only App missing on the Marketplace (talking about me and the apps I use the most) are Instagram and OVO (and I've heard Instagram is comming soon to Windows Phones before this year ends). I have Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Foursquare, MSN, KiK, Viber, Badoo, SkyDrive, Tango, Skype,Youtube,Shazam, SoundHound, Netflix, IMDb, Evernote, ESPN, CNN, Univision,SkyMap, TuneIn Radio, WhatsApp, Wikipedia and Weather much more... Also the Nokia App (Nokia Maps, Drive, City Lens, Music, Trailers, Creative Studio, Counters, Soundtracker, Transit, Contacts Transfer, Camera Extras and much more). The Marketplace keeps growing. The integration of Facebook, twitter, MSN, LinkedIn and Foursquare in my Windows Phone is AMAZING! I can put comments and give ''likes'' directly from my phone due to the AMAZING integretion between those Apps and my phone. and I don't have to go to the Facebook or Twitter App to do that.

I'm totally in love with my Nokia Lumia 900 and its amazing OS! I 100% recommend it! If you wanna be different, switch and go for it! Nokia Lumia phones the amazing experience!
77 comments|72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2012
The Nokia Lumia 900 was my first smartphone. Im a programmer, so I really appreciate how easy it is to write software for it. That being said, the phoen itself is what I'm rating so lets get to it.

The Good:
I love the feature-rich experience and the battery life is quite good. Despite what I have read from other websites it seems fairly light to me (then again, I don't like owning a smartphone that feels like its gonna float away). The speaker is one of the loudest I have ever heard on a smartphone, and it outputs really good quality audio too! The camera takes excelent quality photos and I feel that it is quite feature-rich. The flash is extremely bright, and makes a good flashlight in a pinch. the case is so tough that I dare someone to try and break it. I have yet to scratch the phone case itself and I have had this phone for about 6 months now (I tend to drop my phone, so this is impressive).

The Bad:
Let me first say that I DO NOT have a problem with the hardware. I have a few compaints about the software though. If you know about WP already then the rest of this section won't help you. That being said, I would dearly like to be able to make playlists on the go without the need to sync with zune software. I will also be excited when more developers get apps into the store (although all the ones I need are already there). My biggest issue right now is the OS upgrade, or rather the lack of one. WP8 came out and lumia 900 users kinda got the shaft.

Bottom Line:
This phone is an excelent choice! The price is excelent, the calls are clear, the interface is sleek, and the phone is near indestructable. I would like to see some love from microsoft in regaurds to software upgrades, but other than that I would (and do) recomend this phone to anyone who wants a good, dependable phone.
on May 17, 2013
I have been using a Blackberry Curve for the last 3 1/2 years and avoiding a smartphone because of the additional costs associated with new activations. However, I decided that it may be time to upgrade since I would like to be able to use this phone overseas on travel. I did some research - thought about going with the new Blackberry Q10 - but the outright unlocked purchase price is high and I wanted to test out an unlocked GSM phone before I went hog wild on the phone of my dreams.
I went with the 900 because it is affordable but not too outdated yet (although the 925 AT&T and 928 Verizon are already out). I read great reviews on the design and wanted to go with something other than the iPhone.
I was not disappointed.
Kudos to Feel Good Sales - the product was unlocked and worked right out of the box when I took it down to T-Mobile for a SIM card. It was just as advertised - new (AT&T), unlocked.
Please keep in mind that there are many different vendors that sell under the same item number so you don't really know who the seller is. I chose to go with an Amazon Fulfilled seller, believing that there is a bit more consumer protection if they are responsible for the processing of the transaction. Also believing that if a seller uses Amazon to fulfill, they are probably selling what they're advertising since returns seem to be processed through Amazon also. In any case, be careful which vendor you choose and check their ratings. I read some of the reviews for other vendors (especially direct sales) that would lead me to believe that not all sellers are created equal.
So, it's super easy to set up the Lumia 900 and I found lots of forum hints on it. The one thing that I had a problem with to start was sending and receiving MMS (pics through text). But I found a topic online that told me I needed to download the Network Setup app from Nokia and select my provider - it worked perfectly.
Marketplace is really easy for downloading apps because I already have an Microsoft e-mail account. I am not a heavy user of apps so I don't really have much to say about them but they're there and I will probably look into them more.
I have read lots of reviews saying the battery life is short but then so it is for the iPhone. Do your research but I think the Lumia 900 is a good choices - especially for me, as a starter smartphone that I wouldn't be afraid to take overseas. I think at some point, I might want to get a newer, international model - hopefully after they improve battery life (according to the critics).
But in the meantime, I'm thrilled!
on December 4, 2012
I bought this phone because I wanted to use it on TMobile. I've only been frustrated thus far. Because it was originally an AT&T phone, the picture messaging is all screwed up. I actually regret not waiting the extra month or so for the Lumia 820... at least that Nokia was released on TMobile... Overall, the phone os great; I do LOVE Windows phones.
on May 28, 2013
I got my phone on Saturday after reviewing the customer reviews on here, and youtubing the phone demonstrations I couldn't find any issues, of course until after I got it.. I went to tmobile and had my SIM card cut down for free so that was easy. I played with it all weekend and it worked great until I left my house and tried to use my data plan for internet and send pictures.. I went back to tmobile to see if they could set it up for me and they couldn't. the guy said, "oh didn't anyone tell you our 4G data plans don't work on unlocked phones." And handed me back the phone. I of course found out from the tmobile website that they have a code or a series of APN and MMS codes to use, but I tried that and it still didn't work.. So now I'm waiting for my job's IT guy to come back from vacation to figure this out for me.. Other wise I love the phone and I'm just sending pictures if I want to by email. The camera features are great and my wifi connection is pretty fast. I can't think of anything else I've come across other than that.. It's not the end of the world that I can't use my data plan while out and about or get any MMS messages.. I'll survive.. Hopefully my work guy can figure it out and then I'll be completely happy.
55 comments|8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2012
Hi,

I bought a cell phone by Amazon with the following description: "Nokia 900 Lumia Blue (Cyan) Factory Unlocked", Sold by: BLUTEKUSA.

When I got the phone I was surprised that box and cell phone were "at&t", since the main reason why buy the cell phone was because it was factory unlocked. Also when I insert the SIM, the phone displays a message requesting an unlock code.

I wrote to the company and I received excellent advice to unlock the phone.

I am very happy with my phone. It's great

Thanks.
44 comments|32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 19, 2013
I am a tmobile customer and with an unlocked Nokia 900 Lumia from ATT .Let me simply say it has to be one of the best kept secrets in smartphones. Though I knew the phone was unlocked, I had no clue it took a micros sim card, which I was not aware of and meant I had to go to a carrier and switch my sim card. Problem was solved in no time. Anyway back to this review.
I was contemplating an Iphone purchase but I could not stand to spend upwards of 450 plus buckaroos on a phone. This cost me under 300 bucks give or take plus a few quality accessories. SO in the budget department alone, this phone gets a gold star.

I have read reviews there is a lack of apps....I dispute that HOWEVER, do not expect an array of exactly what you see on android play store. There are a lot of apps for everything you need, some just not as popular. There are financial apps(Citibank, capitalone etc)missing but thats about it. With that in mind, the internet explorer is really smooth(way better than my old phone, my touch 4g slide). It has microsoft word and excel also. The interface is smooth, unbelievable this is a cool phone! One feature that is really different, the GPS navigator. Setting things up did not take long at all. You will be seduced by the sleek look. I am not done playing around with it, but i know now I made a good choice here. I dont know where Nokia has been(I had one in the early 2000s) but I have since had a blackberry and a couple of tmobile high end phones. Nokia has made a giant leap.

4/27/13
After a few more days of use I feel real proud about not caving to buy the iphone. The battery life, which with mytouch 4g was ALWAYS an issue, is really impressive. You get at least a good 10 hours if you leave it on,probably longer if you leave the battery saver option on. I discovered the sky drive(similar to icloud) on Marketplace which gives you additional 7Gigs or so free, plus available upgrades for a fee and you get to store for music or other files. I really do think the only thing that will stop this phone from blowing out the competition unfortunately, are the lack of the 'mainstream' apps. Also some apps free on Google play store(android) might not be on Marketplace(if available) But believe me unless you are one for the bandwagon, this change is worth a try, especially if the iphone or high end androids are a little above your budget.
on October 11, 2013
I don't think this is a Nokia lumia 900, because it doesn't have the gorilla glass. I bought this phone to replace my white one, and it won't let me call certain people and from one drop it shattered like an iPhone. One thing the lumia has on other phones is the screen. That gorilla glass is near indestructible.
on December 11, 2012
I received my phone before the expected arrival date and in excellent condition - New, and the color cyan blue is beautiful. The phone is simply great. It is easy to use, with lots of features, and well built. Good Nokia quality as expected. I have always been a fan of Nokia phones and the Nokia /Microsoft combination is perfect. The touch screen is becoming easier each time. The phone is indeed unlocked and I did take it to my initial cell provider. However,I was not pleased with the speed offered by them and had to switch to another provider - Digicel in the Caribbean is now my new cell provider. What a difference and the 4G LTE speed is simply amazing. Very pleased in all areas, and the phone did not let me down. Additional update to follow if necessary as I use the phone.

UPDATE 20 Dec 12:
Please note that the seller of my Nokia Lumia 900 unlocked cell phone was Masterdeals. My cell was indeed unlocked and I was able to communicate with them. Still very pleased with the Nokia Lumia 900 !

UPDATE 14 SEPT 13:
This phone is still working very well. I have never had an issue with it, and I will say over and over again, "I really like my phone". Its fast ( good provider ), and I even read books on my phone. Its like my mini PC with easy use of the Microsoft office. I have also dropped it many times, but fortunately it was well protected. Lots of apps, and I am able to track my morning run/walk without a glitch. Unfortunately windows phones are missing the app for Magic Jack, and that is the only important app that I am lacking. Waiting on Magic jack to create an app for Windows phones ! Love the live tiles, and like that I can organize them how I want them - reminds me of my desktop. As you use the phone, you will learn the features. Still a great phone !!!