5.0 out of 5 stars A phone Steve Jobs would have loved to have
If calls is what you miss most in your iPhone then this is the phone you need to have.
Published 24 months ago by Baggu

3.0 out of 5 stars best phone ever
great phone..i got it as a replacement to replace my blackberry since im not up for an upgrade until 2015..this phone is very good..i was surprised when i saw the price..so i had to buy it since it was only 1 left in stock
Published 4 months ago by Shadoe

5.0 out of 5 stars A phone Steve Jobs would have loved to have, April 25, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900 4G Windows Phone, White (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Remember the presentation Jobs gave about how all smart phones loose signals when held at certain position, well Nokia has done something which the biggest company in world couldn't do. This is the one smartphone which is also a great phone, apart from everything which a smartphone does, this is a great phone too.

I heard from lot of people that iPhone has dual core procesor and Lumia is just single core so this is slower. They don't know that iPhone has slower cores 800Mhz compared to 1.4GHz processor of Lumia (1.4GHz vs 1.6 GHz (.8x2)), that's just difference of 12.5% in computing power. However 98% of applications made so far are single threaded applications and they can't use dual cores, so a game like Fruit Ninja runs 75% faster in Lumia than on iPhone. So for 99% of applications Lumia has better processor than iPhone.

5.0 out of 5 stars The White Unicorn of the Mobile World, May 8, 2012
B. Wright (Fremont, NH, USA) - See all my reviews
Steve Wozniak said to aNewDomain about the Lumia 900, "I'm just shocked, I haven't seen anything yet that isn't more beautiful than the other platforms," and he decided that he will be "carrying the Windows Phone everywhere." This is the last living founder of Apple talking! His recommendation was enough for me to take the plunge.

UI - Windows Phone is fast, usable, and fluid. I like the speed at which everything happens. Android seems to always be plagued by lagginess in its everyday tasks. It is fast and functional, I have never done things faster. The onscreen keyboard is the most comfortable (I had an iPhone 3GS & a Galaxy S2 previously). The comforting, wooden "thump" of each keystroke is aesthetically delicious. The design elements seem to be comfortable with their digital nature, not necessarily trying to look like leather or paper or glass or metal like an iPhone does.

Hardware - The phone itself is very sturdy - classic Nokia. I don't like its shape QUITE as much as the Lumia 800, with its curved glass edges, but it is still head and shoulders over most anything. It is fundamentally attractive and very unique. People will ask you what you have. If you like to blend in and just be "normal," it may be wise to wait until this phone is more mainstream, so you can buy it in a year or so.

Display - the display is very good. It is AMOLED, like a lot of Samsung phones, but it has some singular qualities. The DisplayMate labs rated it as the best phone display PERIOD for outdoor viewing, probably because of Nokia's clearBlack screen polarization. It is not as high-res as some other phone displays, but it has wonderful color saturation, and you will not have reason to complain, unless you are trying to count grains of sand in a beach picture.

Call quality - really clear. But them I'm no expert. Not that much different from my S2 in this regard. The 3GS was a bit worse, but I don't know how it compares to the current iPhone.

Apps - the windows phone marketplace is by no means small, with something like 70,000 apps. That said, some of the top apps on the IPhone and Android are still missing, including DropBox, Instagram, and a couple others. There is a nice curated selection of Xbox Live games, and if you have an Xbox Live account, you will find a lot of nice integrations.

Camera - generally good. Better than average, but not the best I've ever seen. Windows Phone has an elegant mechanism for taking pictures where you just quickly tap on where you want to focus, and the camera will snap the photo fast, so that's something to like. It's an 8 megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics.

I have browsed through dozens and dozens of the newest phones, and this is my favorite by a solid margin. Here is the end of the Woz's interview: "I surmise that Microsoft hired someone from Apple and put money into having a role in the user interface and appearance of some key apps. I also surmised that Steve Jobs might have been reincarnated at Microsoft due to a lot of what I see and feel with this phone making me think of a lot of great Apple things."

5.0 out of 5 stars The best of the best, May 7, 2012
Best mobile OS? Windows Phone. Check. Amazingly responsive and oh so sexy hardware from Nokia? Check. Are you looking for the best mobile experience? Tired of constantly rebooting your android phone and fighting with it to get it to work? Looking for a better looking more modern interface than what apple has to offer? This is simply the best touchscreen smartphone available today. Get it. You won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm impressed, May 9, 2012
Maximilian (WASHINGTON, DC, US) - See all my reviews
The new Windows platform is great by itself. And now it is available on superior phone from Nokia.
More than one year ago I bought two phones: iPhone4 for my wife and Samsung Focus Windows Phone for myself. Both are good. And my kid likes to play with both.
This new Nokia has far better hardware. The front camera is better than in iPhone4S.
I hope it will last long as all my old Nokia phones (I had 2 before, both of them still work).
But it is made of plastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, Elegant, Efficient and Fast!, May 7, 2012
Jack M (San Francisco, CA, US) - See all my reviews
I've purchased the black Lumia 900 and have been using it for weeks.

I am extremely amazed with the rich features and fluid navigation:

1. Deep social media integration making it extremely easy to share status.
2. Full email support for Exchange server and live tiles notifications.
3. Live tiles on the main screen provides instant status updates.
4. The phone is 100% stable and never crashes. My iPhone and Droids are constantly being rebooted.
5. Great music and video integration with Zune software and Marketplace.
6. For less than $15 a month, you can subscribe to Zune and download unlimited music to listen to. The subscription will also let you keep 10 songs per month.
7. When taking pictures, it automatically uploads to the cloud (SkyDrive). You can easily share documents and photos and store them on SkyDrive, accessible via desktop or the web. No need to plug into the computer.
8. Power efficient and the battery last all day.
9. The Clear Black Display with AMOLED gives bright colors and easily readable under bright light situations.

Over all, a wonderful phone. :^)

5.0 out of 5 stars This phone rocks my socks off!!!!!!!!, June 13, 2012
BEST. PHONE. EVER. I got this phone after having a Blackberry for many years. People mentioned that transferring your contacts from Blackberry is hell; using the 'Contacts Transfer' app from Nokia made this an unbelievably easy 2 min task. The ease of use of this phone, the way it synchs your contacts' information with Facebook as well as with Outlook is unparalleled. There are so many free, neat apps you can download from Marketplace and so many customizable options. The calendar synchs with Outlook as well as my Facebook events (Even ones I have not responded to yet!). This phone simplifies and streamlines my entire life and I LOVE IT! Don't get an iPhone, don't get an Android, BUY THIS PHONE!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just an amazing phone, May 25, 2012
I'm so happy with this phone... it's cool, edgy and a lot phone to use! I just love my new Nokia Lumia 900. I used to have Nokia E7 and you can't even compare these two products. Windows Phone is easy to use and it's so great to get all these extra features for free (Nokia Drive, Nokia Maps, Nokia Public Transport, Creative Studio etc.)

Good job Nokia! And yes "Stormtrooper"-white is my choice! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best phone period., May 21, 2012
The phone is truly amazing, and so well designed. Everything is so well thought out, from the placement of the buttons to the overall feel.
Positives:
-Very smooth, unibody design
-Fast fluid, intuitive OS
-Integration w/ all things MS (XBox live, Skydrive, Hotmail)
-Integration w/ Social media (FB, Twitter, Yahoo, Google)
-Incredible screen/display

Negatives:
-Still missing buy-in from some critical app makers (Mint, Audible)
-Camera has good pics, but still needs adjustments to get excellent quality

If they could just fix these 2 items, then this would be a flawless phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars what a blast!, May 12, 2012
I pre-ordered the black one since I thought the back won't go out of the fashion for a long time until it has that 4G connectivity problem. After I read it on line that I can exchange it and also I got hands-on experience with the white one, I decided to go with the white one. Wow, it's such a blast! It's a pure art with shiny white poly-carbonate. It looks way much better than the black one. And it also doesn't scratch at all. (I keep changing the very tight PCU covers, since I got so many colors and it never leave a thing on back)

Here are what I love about this beautiful nokia phone (just list two among all other reasons) .

1.It's all about the maps/GPS.

I had nokia 5800 before, the preloaded map and the turn by turn voice guide is just perfect. Very accurate and I can download any language I want. And last year when I went to China, I just downloaded a Chinese map on my device and it worked perfect too. I don't think any Garmin device can do that, or at least if you don't pay extra to buy maps. With my new Lumia and its 4.3" screen, I just got the best GPS ever and I can go anywhere in the world with it since it's through satellites. All that I need to do is download maps before I go.

Nokia lens is a new app I downloaded. It's a perfect combination of searching, compass and physical display. It's a fun little app worth trying.

2. Windows office.

I am not a specific MS or the windows mango 7.5 OS fan per say, but I have to admit it does do a very smooth job. One feature I really love is the office. Not only I can read word, ppt (the ones i have tried), but also I can edit the file with my phone. The first time I opened a slide and showed it to my labmate, both of us were amazed by the very high quality it displayed and also how easy you can edit the lines. If I just need to change my words in my ppt, I don't really need my computer now.

I really wish there is a app that can make PDF files display as good as WORD files. The former really needs a auto line cutting thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars They're right, it is beautifully different, June 19, 2012
Got this phone a week ago, and have to say it really is all it's hyped up to be. The design is making everyone turn their heads and ask what phone it is, and the gorgeous screen with fluent Windows Phone showing off its beautiful Metro UI makes most other phones look ancient.
It still takes a bit getting used to WP coming from Android, but my HTC Desire Z android phone has made me feel a strong resent for both HTC and android, being laggy, unintuitive and unreliable. Integration with Office is another massive WP benefit for anyone depending on the phone for work.

The only con I have found so far is that the volume control is too loud at the lowest setting for some applications. I assume Nokia will fix it with an update, or that a third party app will fix it. And with Nokia and Microsoft's reputation for bringing out updates, I feel confident about being happy with this phone for a long time!

ARRAY(0x92edec30)