Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

on June 28, 2014
Worst phone I have ever owned. I have contract with ATT. This phone had to be replaced three, count them one, two, three times within one year. The phone is glitchy, drops calls and has terrible reception. I will NEVER buy another Nokia Windows product.
on November 9, 2013
If you do not have perfect eyes DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE!
1. You cannot make the font on text messages any larger than small
2. You cannot block numbers from calling or texting you
3. Very limited number of Apps for the phone
4. Camera is terrible compared to my wife's HTC 1X and my sons IPhone. I don't even take pictures with it anymore they are so bad.
5. When my wife has full bars; I have 1 or 2

When my contract is up I will get rid of this piece of JUNK the next day! STAY AWAY FROM NOKIA 900 unless you enjoy being mad!!!
on October 30, 2013
I owned a HTC smart phone with windows for at least a couple of years. I was very impressed with the Screen size, and uniqueness of the phone . This new NOKIA is a mess with its mini screen , so much for smart . I thought it was "UPGRADED",not ! I'd rather own a tracfone .
on October 2, 2013
Wow. What a piece of trash. Nokia should be ashamed of producing this junk. Whenever I was in an app, game, or making a call, the bottom buttons (back, home, bing) would randomly trigger without being pressed. That was kind of a problem, especially when speech recognition wanted to come on in the middle of a call. It also clearly had a problem running the zune music suite, which seemed to slow the phone's operation down to a crawl. So yippy, it has a fancy camera, but it doesn't work as a phone unless you are ok with getting interrupted every 30 seconds by voice recognition triggering. By the way, you can't even turn off their terrible voice recognition programs. I smashed this POS phone out of complete aggravation about 14 months after buying it. For now, I have a Lumia 520 until my contract runs out. That is a much better phone. It is also the LAST Nokia or Windows Phone I will ever buy. That's a sad statement, because I've had Nokia's since the 1990's. Say goodbye to a loyal customer, there is no excuse for manufacturing junk with known errors and expecting the consumer to just suck it up. I'm ashamed for you.
on September 8, 2013
The Lumia 900 would have been an instrument sufficient to suit my needs. As an A.T.T. item it gets a pass.
on August 21, 2013
Why this phone is awesome:
1)The device is solid and well designed.
2)Most of popular applications are now available on windows phone.
3)Easy to unlock
4)Cost $150 (8/2013)
on June 24, 2013
I got this phone a little over a year ago to replace my iPhone 4, and I haven't regretted it one bit. To me at least, the phone is so much more user friendly, and the live tiles beat anything that the iPhone has to offer. I also have not missed any apps. Most of the apps I had on my iPhone are either available on the Lumia, or there are alternatives that are just as good. The only thing that the iPhone did better was that I was able to use voice commands to select songs or playlists to play, but I'm not much of a music listener anyway, so not a huge disappointment. I'm looking forward to upgrading to the next Lumia when I'm eligible for a discounted upgrade.
on June 18, 2013
Battery stopped charging after 1 year 2 months. Dead phone. Otherwise great. Windows phone Lumina 900. Thanks. Ok. Goodbye. Yes
TOP 500 REVIEWERon May 20, 2013
Windows 8 apps are a welcome change from iOS. Among the three ecosystems, I prefer Android, Windows 8, and iOS in that order. Blackberry, what ?! For ease of use, Windows phone is really easy to use. Lumia 900 has been succeeded by Nokia Lumia 920. For someone interested in a first smartphone which doesn't break the purse, Lumia 900 is an excellent choice. User interface in Windows 8 is very pleasing and this is one of best phones with awesome user experience. If you prefer great user experience over infinite hackability, aka Android, then Windows 8 phones are great choice.

Lumia 900 has 4.3" (109 mm) 800x480 resolution 217 ppi 16m compared to the Lumia 920 which has a 4.5" IPS LCD, 1280x768 resolution, 332 ppi display. This phone has up to 16 GB storage and 512 MB RAM compared to Lumia 920 which has 32 GB storage and 1 GB RAM. Lumia 900 has 8 MP camera and 720 p video compared to Lumia 920 which has a 8.7 MP camera and a 1080p HD Video. 1.4 GHz Qualcomm Scorpion processor compared to Lumia 920 which has a 1.5 GHz dual core processor. I have extensively used in the past HTC Titan I and II which is pre Windows 8 (7.5) and I was surprised it has become more buttery smooth now. This phone has Gorilla Glass compared to Lumia 920 which has Gorilla Glass 2. Glass 3 is in the making and supposed to be even better. Stating following because this is highly underrated in reviews. From Corning's Gorilla Glass specs; WHAT MAKES GORILLA GLASS SO DAMAGE RESISTANT? The unique composition of Gorilla Glass allows for a deep layer of high compressive stress (created through an ion-exchange process). This compression acts as a sort of "armor," making the glass exceptionally tough and damage resistant. Ion exchange is a chemical strengthening process where large ions are "stuffed" into the glass surface, creating a state of compression. Gorilla Glass is specially designed to maximize this behavior.

As you can see Lumia 920 has, what I would say incremental upgrades over 900 but nothing earth shattering. Lumia 900 as well as 920 does not support microSD expansion. I always feel this is a bummer. But with 32GB it is plenty with current app ecosystem. These phones seem to be copying iPhone philosophy. Battery 1830 mAh Lithium polymer battery (Compared to a high end Android Galaxy Note II, which has a battery of 3100 mAh Battery.) Unlike the Nokia Lumia 820, the Lumia 900 as well as 920 doesn't have a removable battery cover, which means you can't access or replace your battery. __Not having a storage expansion slot is a bummer for lot of people! Not being able to remove battery is a double bummer.__ For me, storage expansion and removal of battery is very important, so I was disappointed. This is the downside the unibody design.

Phone quality was excellent and speakerphone was awesome. Nice to see built in active noise cancellation with a dedicated mic. Lumia 900 has Bluetooth 2.1, whereas Lumia 920 has Bluetooth 4.0. I was able to get excellent reception with Bluetooth headset, Jaybird Sportsband Stereo Bluetooth Headphone - Bulk Packaging - Midnight Black and JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black All the usual smartphone stuff, facebook, twitter, music, emails etc are all excellent. It is only the third party apps that are lacking in some arenas. If you are Microsoft heavy like Office suites, Lumia phone are awesome!

Lumia 900 has the diagnostic tool. It can be obtained by pressing ##634# on the dial keypad, which should initiate the download after the last # is pressed. The diagnostic tool should appear on the app list under Diagnostics.On this diagnostic tool one can run tests on the following: Accelerometer, ALS, audio loopback, camera, battery status, DTMF, gyroscope, hardware buttons, headset detection, LCD white, lights, life timer, magnetometer, power source, proximity, speaker, touch and vibration. It's also possible to perform all the tests in one run. This is really cool to have this power at the user's hand!

Apps are limited in Windows 8 marketplace. Yes, we have heard this a gazillion times. Lumia has GPS receiver with A-GPS and GLONASS support. I tried with Garmin Navigon app which turned out to be great in giving voice directions. App ecosystem is a chicken and egg situation. Unless more phones are sold, developers don't have incentives to write apps. Apps are less now, because people are not buying in big droves. Windows Phone is now (early-mid 2013) the third-leading mobile phone platform, more than tripling its market share year-over-year. One recent report I read Android and iOS are ahead in games with 162.1 and 37.4 million shipments in 1Q13 and Windows phone came in 7 million. This is more than double from previous year. I really hope for Windows 8 platform to surge ahead because having a 3 way competition with iOS and Android is good for the ecosystem.

ONE LINE SUMMARY: The Nokia Lumia 900 is certainly the best and cheapest Windows Phone 8 smartphone on the market, it was really the best in 2012, but if you don't mind the budget get the 920 or 820 (for microSD card slot).
on May 11, 2013
When my three year old Nokia 5800 finally bit the dust, it was time to get an actual smart phone (no phone with a Symbian OS can properly be called "smart"). This phone is extremely easy to use, very pretty, and has more than enough processing power for my non-power user needs. The display is very good and the Windows 7 layout is intuitive. The build is extremely solid (as always with Nokia) and the phone reception is excellent (ditto).

That being said, do not buy this phone unless you are willing to go the entire Windows Live route. There is no way to directly connect this phone to your computer, except to use Zune for your media. Personally, I've been unable to crack how to sync my calendar from Outlook to Windows Live,so it cannot get to my phone. It seems (according to the Internet scuttlebutt)that it is not possible unless you use a Microsoft Exchange server. So I have a modern smartphone that can't even access my datebook.

A bigger problem is the battery life. With everything turned off except cellular access, and without using the phone at all, the battery life is 8-9 hours. Simply leaving Wi-Fi on (not even browsing) cuts this down to about six hours. This is unacceptable. It hardly makes sense to have a "mobile" phone that needs to be tethered to a charger.

But if you're someone who already uses Microsoft's web apps and is never away from a charger for more than a few hours, I think it would be hard to top this phone.

UPDATE: After a little more than a year, my opinion of this phone has definitely improved. The battery life is now excellent. No, I have no idea how that happened. The present battery life with WiFi and GPS turned on is much better than it was before, with them turned off. The previously useless GPS (which was also useless in my 5800) suddenly started working well after 6 months. The pool of apps is getting better, too. Change from 3 stars to 5

UPDATE 2: ...and now the GPS has crapped out again. At this point I'm just too tired from f**king with this to change the number of stars.