4.0 out of 5 stars Good, nice design, smooth form factor., October 15, 2010
This review is from: Nokia 6700 SLIDE SILVER FACTORY UNLOCKED GSM (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I got this phone about a month ago after a long careful hunt. I don't want the full "huge smartphone in your pocket" experience and I do miss the days when phones were super cool little designs.

However, this phone does have some smartphone features. Email, calendar, syncing, an OS (Symbian) that allows apps.

I publish a blog about the Nokia 6700 Slide that offers help and perspectives and how-to's for the 6700 Slide. It could be handy for you to check out the pluses and minuses and solutions that I've found after configuring and working with it for a while. It is located at [...] ...

Overall, a B-plus I think is the appropriate grade here. If you are emphasizing the design and form factor more, then A-minus.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice replacement for Nokia 5300 Xpress, June 5, 2011
I bought this phone as replacement for Nokia 5300 Xpress Music (which gives you an idea of my priorities for phone design). The 6700S is about the same size, but a little thinner. It has enough heft to feel good in hand and the slide mechanism has a nice snap. The screen size is essentially the same between the two. Functionally, the newer version of the OS is refined over the 5300 with more customization available. The 6700S syncs with PC via Ovi rather than the earlier PC Suite. This hasn't turned out to be a big advantage, as the 6700S did not come with data connection with my provider (T-mobile) turned on. The only feature I miss from the 5300 is not being able to program "general" and "silent" modes direct to rocker buttons. I did map "profiles" to the top of the menu to make changing modes a three-button process.

I have been happy using this phone. Battery life and call quality have been fine. My pay-as-you-go account transferred fine by just moving SIM card from old to new phone. I still need to get around to calling tech-support to see about turning on data transfer in order to sync better with Ovi and try out the maps function. Overall, this seems like a reasonable "semi-smart" phone.