Most helpful critical review
12 of 14 people found the following review helpful
on November 23, 2010
* The phone has a clean and simple design. The navigation menu isn't cluttered like most other phones these days.
* The call quality is decent, and the screen is bright.
* Bluetooth works as it should.
CONS... Here we go...
* The battery life is sub-par. An hour-long call is enough to bring the battery life down to half-charge. One of the methods the manual offers to conserve battery life is to lower the brightness of the display. The thing is, YOU CAN'T. There is NO OPTION ANYWHERE in the display menu or any other area to control the brightness of the screen (and it is bright).
* There is no way to control the size and layout of the time and date on the main screen. This is especially annoying when you want to gaze at the lovely wallpaper you install. The only way around this is to hide the clock and the date completely.
* The phone does not come with its own USB to connect to the PC. This is important, because you (supposedly) NEED to update the software on this phone when you get it or you will run into problems like being unable to receive and send multimedia text messages. The Nokia website states that you can update directly from the phone itself but only with some models. Apparently, they decided not to have that convenience with the 2730, so the only way to update is through a PC connection. Of course, you can't use just any usb connector. I have no idea what this particular inlet model is called but I took a picture of it and will post it in the product photos.
I currently am unable to send or receive multimedia messages and had to work it out with AT&T for quite a while to come up with a solution, which we didn't. The multimedia messages menu won't even allow me to mess around with the Configuration Settings to configure my service provider. My only option is to install the update and hope for the best but, of course, it didn't come with the USB.
If it weren't for these issues, I would have given it four stars.