The latest full-QWERTY keyboard Eseries tunes into the needs of busy working people. The Nokia E72, fast, full of resources, sports a slim profile. Many of its biggest strengths are around the richness of the out-of-the-box email and instant messaging experience. The E72 develops on the huge success and popularity its predecessor, the E71, by adding great new features and improvements. It now provides the desktop-like interface so popular in the E75, as well as combining multiple business and personal email in-boxes into one. You can now also connect to your favorite IM accounts direct from the home screen. There is improved speed of Internet up- and down-links too - plus enhanced navigation with compass, integrated Nokia maps. Add to that a 5-megapixel camera, standard headphone jack - plus lifetime licenses for some email and navigation services - and you can see the Nokia E72 raises the bar for quality and performance in a business-focused mobile companion.
cBuilding on the successful E71, the Nokia E72 unlocked smartphone still makes it easy to stay on top of your e-mail inbox with a full QWERTY keyboard and support for corporate communication via Microsoft Exchange. But the E72 has been enhanced with an improved e-mail and chat interface, larger keys on the keyboard, a high-resolution camera with a 5-megapixel imager that also offers video capture at up to VGA resolution, A-GPS navigation with integrated compass, and 3.5mm audio jack. You can now also set up instant messaging (IM) directly from the homescreen, allowing you to quickly access chat services such as Windows Live, Yahoo!, Google and Ovi Chat for real-time conversations.
Receive work e-mails in real time with support for Microsoft Mail for Exchange and IBM Lotus Notes Traveler--and get access to 10 personal e-mail accounts with pre-installed Nokia Messaging.
Other features include a 5-megapixel camera/camcorder, Bluetooth stereo music streaming, digital media player and FM radio, Wi-Fi networking, and GPS navigation.
With its integrated GPS sensor and the newest edition of Ovi Maps (full version pre-loaded on this phone or available as a free download from nokia.com/maps), you'll enjoy all essential car and pedestrian navigation features as well as the ability to use navigation features even when not connected to a cellular network--great for extending battery life and saving on international roaming charges. Features include turn-by-turn voice guidance, over 6,000 3D landmarks in over 200 cities for quick recognition of the landscape around you, access to Lonely Planet travel guides, and detailed maps for over 180 countries (see more details below
). You'll also be able to keep moving in the right direction with the integrated electronic compass.
A great choice for globetrotters, this unlocked quad-band GSM phone is also compatible with 3G networks here in the U.S. as well as international 3G networks (850/1900/2100 MHz UMTS/HSDPA), enabling fast downloads and streaming multimedia while on the go. It also includes integrated Wi-Fi connectivity (802.11b/g) for accessing open networks at work, at home, and on the road from a variety of wireless hotspots.
Other features include a Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, microSD memory expansion up to 16 GB (with included 4 GB card), full range of personal organization tools, ability to view Office and PDF documents, digital media player, FM radio, and up to 6 hours of talk time on 3G networks (12.5 hours on standard GSM networks)
This unlocked cell phone can be used with a GSM network service provider and it provides quad-band connectivity (850/900/1800/1900 MHz). It does not come with a SIM card, and it requires that you provide a SIM card for usage with your selected service provider. This phone comes with a full manufacturer's warranty.
Additionally, this phone can be paired with 850/1900 MHz HSPA 3G networks in the United States (as well as 2100 MHz 3G networks found around the world, including in Europe and Asia). When paired with a compatible 3G network, you'll enjoy a high-speed connection offering a variety of feature-rich wireless services--from data connectivity to your office to multimedia streaming, and take advantage of simultaneous voice and data services. In areas not served by a 3G network, you'll continue to receive data service via EDGE network (depending on network compatibility).
Note that the downloading of maps, games, music and videos and uploading of images and videos involves transferring large amounts of data. Your service provider may charge for the data transmission, and the availability of particular services and features may vary by carrier.
- Fast 3G connectivity with broadband-like speeds via 850/1900/2100 MHz UMTS/HSDPA.
- Integrated assisted GPS (A-GPS) receiver with free Ovi Maps enables you to find your route quickly and easily, whether walking or driving. Use the Walk pedestrian navigation to find your way, or the voice-guided Drive navigation to find the best route. (Learn more)
- Brightly colorful 2.36-inch screen (320 x 240 pixels, 16 million colors)
- Full QWERTY keyboard with optical navigation key makes it easy to compose and respond to e-mail with just one hand.
- Two customizable Home Screen views with active stand-by plug-ins and application shortcuts for fast and easy switching between Business and Personal modes
- Symbian OS version 9.3 with S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 2
- 5-megapixel auto-focus camera with LED flash and 5x digital zoom. Other features include panorama mode, sequence mode, multiple scene modes, light sensitivity settings, and still image editor.
- Video capture capability up to 640 x 480 at 15fps with up to 10x digital zoom and clips up to 90 minutes in length (depending on memory card capacity) or approximately 30 seconds for sending via messaging.
- Digital audio and video playback as well as FM radio.
- Front camera for video calling (network dependent; 640 x 480 pixels, up to 15 fps)
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.0) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Wi-Fi networking for accessing the Internet from home, corporate and hotspot networks (802.11b/g); includes WPA2-Enterprise, WPA2-Personal, WPA-Enterprise, and WPA-Personal security protocols.
- 250 MB internal user accessible memory Included 4 GB microSD card with support for optional cards up to 16 GB.
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS, MMS, and mobile instant messaging (with presence-enhanced contacts).
- Mail for Exchange mobile e-mail client provides reliable real-time access to your e-mail, calendar, contacts, and tasks.
- Download e-mail attachments and view Word, Excel, PowerPoint or PDF files.
- Easily set up multiple e-mail accounts with support for popular e-mail providers.
- Full HTML Web browsing with Mini Map feature, which enables you to zoom out to a full screen view of the entire page. Find the section you want and then zoom in to the content you need. The text instantly adjusts to the size of your screen. The browser also keeps a history of your browsing so you can quickly get back to where you started.
- Phonebook with up to 1000 contacts and support for adding a photo ID and contact groups.
- Voice commands
- Organizer tools including calendar, alarm clock, notes, to-do, countdown timer, and converter.
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
- Pre-loaded games including Block Cascade and Top Hits Solitaire Collection.
- Applications include Flash Lite 3.0, Windows (MSN) Live instant messaging, Quick Office viewers and editors, PDF Viewer, Bloomberg, Nokia Ovi Suite, and Nokia PC Suite.
The Nokia E72 weighs 4.51 ounces and measures 4.48 x 2.34 x 0.39 inches. Its 1500 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 5.9 hours of talk time on 3G networks (up to 12.5 hours on standard GSM networks), and up to 576 hours (24 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as the 850/1900/2100 MHz HSPA 3G frequencies.
What's in the Box
Nokia E72 handset, rechargeable battery (BP-4L), charger (AC-5U), connectivity cable (CA-101), headset (HS-47), lanyard, pouch, printed documentation
Nokia now offers its Ovi Maps walk and drive navigation application free across the globe. Drivers receive turn-by-turn voice guidance including lane assistance, traffic information (in 10 countries including the U.S.), and safety camera and speed warnings, while pedestrians will be guided on shortcuts through parks and pedestrian-only zones in over 100 cities across the globe. And unlike other mobile navigation mapping solutions, Ovi Maps works offline--no cellular service is required.
Lonely Planet guide.
With the new Ovi Maps for mobile you get for free:
- Maps for over 180 countries and free map updates
- Drive and Walk navigation available in over 70 countries with real-time voice guidance
- My Position enables you to find your current location easier and faster than ever.
- New one box search for quicker access to finding places and addresses.
- Save your favorite places and routes, then synchronize them with your Ovi account over the air.
- Car navigation with voice and visual instructions, lane assistance and speed limit information. Now also with text-to-speech voice guidance.
- Pedestrian navigation with routing through pedestrian zones and shortcuts, pathways through parks and buildings, stairways and plazas. Now with text-to-speech voice guidance.
- Get real-time weather information including a 5-day forecast, for your current or any location found via search.
- Lonely Planet and Michelin offer you dynamic access to the best and most relevant editorial travel content for over 1000 destinations. Find thousands of listings for sights, restaurants, hotels, shops, nightlife, and more. Look these places up on the map and get to them with Walk and Drive navigation.
- Discover the events happening nearby your location on the map or any place found via search.
- Share your location on Facebook--where you are, what you are up to and finish with a photo.
No Hidden Costs
The new version of Ovi Maps comes with all the maps and high-end, car grade navigation features you need for free and is yours to keep for the life of the smartphone. No additional licenses needed for extra countries, regions or services like traffic information or city guides. Data charges from network operators may apply.
Voice Guidance and Traffic Information
Turn-by-turn, voice guided navigation comes free for both drivers and pedestrians. For drivers this includes lane assistance, traffic information, safety camera, and speed warnings. For pedestrians, this includes shortcuts through parks and pedestrian-only zones for over 100 cities around the world as well as 6,000 3D landmarks in over 200 cities to help you find exactly where you are.
Unique Hybrid Technology
Ovi Maps is built on an advanced technology called hybrid vector maps. Vector maps are high quality but less data intensive and allow you to continue to navigate even if you lose your network connection. This means that maps downloaded or updated across a network connection are about half the size of bulky bitmaps used by other mobile map providers. The hybrid technology ensures that, unlike other providers, any downloaded map data is stored on the device for future use.
No Network Connection Required When Navigating
Avoid expensive, battery-draining network connections with Nokia's unique hybrid technology. Maps can be pre-loaded on to your Nokia smartphone so you can set Ovi Maps to offline mode, saving battery power, and the navigation system will still work. This is particularly useful for those worried about data connection costs when travelling abroad or when you are travelling through areas with little or no network coverage.
Best Global Coverage
You take your mobile with you wherever you go in the world so, as standard, voice guided navigation for both pedestrians and drivers is available for 74 countries in 46 different languages and there are maps for over 180 countries. This gives you the best maps with the largest global coverage for free.
- Music playback file formats: AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, MP3, AMR-NB, WMA
- FM radio 87.5-108 MHz with RDS support
- Video playback file formats: .mp4, AVC/H.264, .wmv, RV, Flash Video, H.263/3GPP
- Video streaming: .mp4, AVC/H.264, .wmv, RV, Flash Video, H.263/3GPP
- Video recording file formats: .mp4 - default (VGA, QVGA) or .3gp (QCIF for MMS)
- 3.5 mm Nokia audio connector
- Micro-USB connector supports charging; USB PictBridge printing
- Bluetooth 2.0 with Enhanced Data Rate
- UPnP support
- Support for PC synchronization with Nokia PC Suite 7.1 (preinstalled) and Nokia Ovi Suite
- E-mail supported protocols: IMAP4 (with idle), Nokia Messaging, Microsoft ActiveSync, POP3, SMTP
- Support for Nokia Messaging service, Mail for Exchange, Lotus Notes Traveler