Great for mobile messaging and social networking as well as providing excellent voice communications, the Symbian-based Nokia C6 smartphone combines a 3.2-inch touchscreen display with a side-sliding full QWERTY keyboard. The large screen offers an excellent Internet viewing experience, and it also features a full suite of e-mail and social networking capabilities. Update your status, comment on your friends and family, or take pics with the 5-megapixel camera and share them on Facebook, MySpace, Flickr and Ovi Share.
The Nokia C6 in white with 3.2-inch touchscreen, slide-out QWERTY keyboard, and access to social networking, messaging, and both personal and corporate e-mail.
5-megapixel camera for on-the-go snapshots and VGA-quality video.
You'll stay on track thanks to the integrated GPS with free Ovi Maps Navigation for voice-guided directions, and you can discover and download apps and games via the pre-loaded Ovi Store. Enjoy push e-mail and easy messaging with home screen widgets to help seamlessly set up e-mail, with support for several personal e-mail services (like Gmail, Yahoo!, Hotmail, Ovi Mail and more) along with corporate e-mail (Mail for Exchange).
The Nokia C6 comes with a pre-loaded 2 GB microSD memory card that includes Ovi Maps data for the US, Ovi Suite, and bonus content--no need to download anything from the Web or discs. And you can add more memory via optional microSD memory cards up to 16 GB in size. Other features include Wi-Fi networking, a full HTML Web browser with RSS feed support, multi-format digital media player, personal organizer tools, and up to 5 hours of 3G talk time (7 hours on standard GSM networks).
This unlocked cell phone can be used with a GSM network service provider. It does not come with a SIM card, and it requires that you provide a SIM card for usage with your selected service provider. This phone comes with a full manufacturer's warranty.
When paired with a compatible 3G network, you'll enjoy a high-speed connection offering a variety of feature-rich wireless services--from data connectivity to your office to multimedia streaming, and take advantage of simultaneous voice and data services. In areas not served by a 3G network, you'll continue to receive data service via EDGE network (depending on network compatibility).
Note that the downloading of maps, games, music and videos and uploading of images and videos involves transferring large amounts of data. Your service provider may charge for the data transmission, and the availability of particular services and features may vary by carrier.
Type messages quickly and easily using the full QWERTY keyboard (see larger image).
- Fast 3G connectivity with broadband-like speeds via 850/1900/2100 MHz UMTS/HSDPA.
- Integrated assisted GPS (A-GPS) receiver with free Ovi Maps enables you to find your route quickly and easily, whether walking or driving. Use the Walk pedestrian navigation to find your way, or the voice-guided Drive navigation to find the best route. (Learn more)
- 3.2-inch touchscreen with responsive, tactile feedback (640 x 360 pixels, 16.7 million colors). Includes orientation and proximity sensors, ambient light detector, and brightness control.
- Personalize your home screen with widgets that bring live updates from your favorite social networks (includes pre-loaded Facebook and MySpace apps)
- Slide-out full QWERTY keyboard
- 5-megapixel camera with 4x digital zoom, LED flash, automatic location tagging (Geotagging), auto-focus lens
- Video capture capabilities with recording up to 640 x 480 pixels and up to 30 fps (secondary camera for video calls on compatible networks; QVGA).
- Digital audio/video player with compatibility for MP3, WMA, and AAC/eAAC+ formats
- FM radio (requires headset to be attached)
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.0) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 16 GB.
- SMS and MMS messaging with common inbox
- Instant messaging via AIM, Yahoo! Messenger, MSN Live, and Google Talk
- Supports e-mail accounts from more than a thousand ISPs (SMTP, IMAP4, POP3), as well as Gmail, Yahoo! mail and Hotmail. People who use Microsoft Exchange at work can access their e-mail using the Mail for Exchange mobile e-mail client, which comes pre-loaded (an Exchange e-mail account is required and your Exchange Administrator must have enabled your account for synchronization).
- Watch YouTube videos right in the browser--no need to launch a separate player
- RSS reader feeds
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
The Nokia C6 weighs 5.3 ounces and measures 4.46 x 2.09 x 0.66 inches. Its 1200 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 7 hours of GSM talk time and 5 hours of 3G talk time, plus up to 384 hours (16 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies, plus 850/1900/2100 3G networks (HSDPA).
What's in the Box
Nokia C6 handset, rechargeable battery, compact travel charger, 2 GB microSD memory card (contains Ovi Maps data for the US, Ovi Suite, music tracks and wallpapers), stereo headset, connectivity cable, quick start guide, user manual
Free Worldwide Walk and Drive Navigation
Nokia now offers its Ovi Maps walk and drive navigation application free across the globe. Drivers receive turn-by-turn voice guidance including lane assistance, traffic information (in 10 countries including the U.S.), and safety camera and speed warnings, while pedestrians will be guided on shortcuts through parks and pedestrian-only zones in over 100 cities across the globe. And unlike other mobile navigation mapping solutions, Ovi Maps works offline--no cellular service is required.
Lonely Planet guide.
With the new Ovi Maps for mobile you get for free:
- Maps for over 180 countries and free map updates
- Drive and Walk navigation available in over 70 countries with real-time voice guidance
- My Position enables you to find your current location easier and faster than ever.
- New one box search for quicker access to finding places and addresses.
- Save your favorite places and routes, then synchronize them with your Ovi account over the air.
- Car navigation with voice and visual instructions, lane assistance and speed limit information. Now also with text-to-speech voice guidance.
- Pedestrian navigation with routing through pedestrian zones and shortcuts, pathways through parks and buildings, stairways and plazas. Now with text-to-speech voice guidance.
- Get real-time weather information including a 5-day forecast, for your current or any location found via search.
- Lonely Planet and Michelin offer you dynamic access to the best and most relevant editorial travel content for over 1000 destinations. Find thousands of listings for sights, restaurants, hotels, shops, nightlife, and more. Look these places up on the map and get to them with Walk and Drive navigation.
- Discover the events happening nearby your location on the map or any place found via search.
- Share your location on Facebook--where you are, what you are up to and finish with a photo.
No Hidden Costs
The new version of Ovi Maps comes with all the maps and high-end, car grade navigation features you need for free and is yours to keep for the life of the smartphone. No additional licenses needed for extra countries, regions or services like traffic information or city guides. Data charges from network operators may apply.
Voice Guidance and Traffic Information
Turn-by-turn, voice guided navigation comes free for both drivers and pedestrians. For drivers this includes lane assistance, traffic information, safety camera, and speed warnings. For pedestrians, this includes shortcuts through parks and pedestrian-only zones for over 100 cities around the world as well as 6,000 3D landmarks in over 200 cities to help you find exactly where you are.
Unique Hybrid Technology
Ovi Maps is built on an advanced technology called hybrid vector maps. Vector maps are high quality but less data intensive and allow you to continue to navigate even if you lose your network connection. This means that maps downloaded or updated across a network connection are about half the size of bulky bitmaps used by other mobile map providers. The hybrid technology ensures that, unlike other providers, any downloaded map data is stored on the device for future use.
No Network Connection Required When Navigating
Avoid expensive, battery-draining network connections with Nokia's unique hybrid technology. Maps can be pre-loaded on to your Nokia smartphone so you can set Ovi Maps to offline mode, saving battery power, and the navigation system will still work. This is particularly useful for those worried about data connection costs when travelling abroad or when you are travelling through areas with little or no network coverage.
Best Global Coverage
You take your mobile with you wherever you go in the world so, as standard, voice guided navigation for both pedestrians and drivers is available for 74 countries in 46 different languages and there are maps for over 180 countries. This gives you the best maps with the largest global coverage for free.
Constantly stay in the loop and in the know with all of your closest family and friends with the Nokia C6. This sleek, stylish device features an impressive touchscreen display that slides back to reveal a full QWERTY keyboard for easy typing and messaging. With a customizable home screen and easy access to messaging on the go, the Nokia C6 stands out as a convenient, fun-to-use device designed to help you stay connected with everyone in your life. Get your hands on the large 3.2-inch HD touchscreen display that makes the Nokia C6 simple to navigate and a blast to operate. The customizable home screen helps you keep all your favorite contacts, apps and more all in one place for quick, one-touch access to the features you use most. Plus, with thousands of available apps, games, videos and more from Ovi Store, the possibilities for customization are almost endless. Sliding the touchscreen sideways reveals a full QWERTY keyboard to allow for fast and accurate typing whether messaging or surfing the web. Connect to those who matter most to you with social networking on the Nokia C6. Put your favorite social networks directly on your home screen, so you can always see what your friends are up to. For a more in-depth experience, access to your favorite social networks is just one touch away. Update your status, comment on your friends and family, or take pics with the 5 megapixel camera and share them on Facebook, MySpace, Flickr and Ovi Share. Then use preloaded Ovi Maps with free voice-guided navigation to get anywhere you need to go, then share your location on Facebook so your friends can meet up with you. Experience messaging made easy with home screen widgets to help seamlessly set up email and IM accounts. Several popular email (like Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, Ovi Mail and more) and IM services (including Yahoo, Google, ICQ and more) are supported. Reach out and touch everyone today with the Nokia C6.