Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on January 23, 2011
Had the phone for over a month and I totally love it. Its more than I need. Its convenient because you can use the touch screen or full keyboard. Its not big and it fits in my pocket perfectly. I dont like phones that have bigger screens or are too big and bulky. My phones usually take a beating and Nokia usually withstands my daily beating and abuse of my phone. I have dropped this phone at least 3 times in the cement nothing has happened to it and no scratch on the screen. Has many little applications but I dont really use them. I use the phone for calls, text, dictionary, calendar, alarm and calculator. For ring tones I download songs from my computer to phone and use real MP3 files. The USB cable is included. Hope my review is a little help.
on September 28, 2010
I bought this from [...] (via Amazon), but I currently live in Costa Rica. I love this phone. It has powerful reception where other have little or none at all. Sound and image quality of the screen is great. It comes packed with a great deal of software, and the Ovi Store had everything else I needed for free. The 2GB mini SD memory it comes with has been more than enough for me to this point. Assuming this device is wonderful (for the given price), my only cons are:

* It can't be recharged via usb

* Pictures taken with the main camera appear a little blueish. Probably need to play a little more with the ISO / White balance settings...

* When using the sliding keyboard, the upper row of keys is uncomfortable to reach using your thumbs.

* It sometimes "became a little confused" when you make certain movements, rotating the screen when you didn't need it.

Sadly, Ovi Maps doesn't have one for my country, which is very disappointing, as I was misinformed of this from the Nokia website, but now I'm getting used to this and looking for alternatives.

Friends of mine who have Sony Ericsson Xperia or Nokia n97 where amazed with this device, because of a higher image quality in the first case, and an easier to use sliding keyboard and very similar functions at a cheaper price in the latter.
on April 26, 2011
I received the phone fast from 2-day shipping but I am disappointed with it. I returned it the same day! It doesn't look like in pictures, the color is off white and is not shiny but very dull looking. The slider is wobbly and loose so it doesn't feel good in the hand. I've always thought Nokia products were well made but this phone just felt cheap. I had the Nokia C3 before and even it feels higher quality.
The Symbian OS is nothing to boast about but i knew that, however the touchscreen is quite annoying because you have to double tap to select something, if you tap once a "tip" pops up instead. It's okay for the price, but there are better phones that cost the same or just a little more like the Samsung Wave 533 or the LG GW620.
on September 10, 2010
I was looking for a phone to make calls, manage my calendar, severals languages, 3g in 850mhz band, and i can use applications for my work.

This is the best phone for the best price.

henry castro from costa rica
66 comments|8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 8, 2010
This phone is entirely what I wanted. It plays music, has a great GPS, has an easy to use slider with full qwerty keyboard, instantly connected with the Internet for surfing the web and e-mail, and also works as a phone. It arrived fairly slowly, since they wouldn't ship to an APO address :-( but my daughter forwarded it to us. Only thing I don't like is the scree scratches very easily, so I bought a cover for it. Really like the GPS and hope the life-time world-wide updates advertised is really true. Also hope they come out with a holder for the car soon, as we're rubberbanding it in place to an old gps holder. The manual is VERY good and the e-mail help from Nokia is VERY quick, clear, and helpful.
on October 15, 2010
pros

wi-fi: Great
touchscreen: very responsive
keyboard: great (you can adapt to it)
Camera: great photos after you create your own scene mode
aplications: many on google
Preinstall aplications: quickoffice, facebook and many more
Integrate Gps: Great

Cons:
Battery duration
Its Heavy but not too much, be aware this phone doesn't charge with the cable by usb, you can charge only with the charger.

I'm very happy with this phone, if you decide to buy it, i recomend you to update the firmware version
on February 1, 2011
This purchase was to replace my old XpressMusic 5530. Which I used for a phone and heavily used media player. Where the 5530 fell short, this one picks up. Anyone that had the 5530 or probably even the 5800, can tell very well of the bugs they had (shutting off when you tried to pick up a call, random freeze ups, very limited interface, the constantly disconnecting wifi, etc.).

INTERFACE:
The interface is much cleaner, smoother and a better tactile touch response. Compared to the 5530/5800 even with the SPB Mobile Shell customization, the c6 is a better performer. The wifi pickup is much improved as it will retain the wifi connection and quickly pick it back up if it is dropped.

Response is much faster than the predecessors, yet still minimally sluggish. The improved audio is complimented by the larger screen. When playing movies the battery doesn't drain nearly as fast as the 5530 did due to it's larger capacity battery.

BODY:
It's size is a bit bulkier. But I prefer this one's larger size compared to the 5530 as it was just a bit too small for my hands. The side buttons for volume control, slide lock and camera button are a little difficult to press as the slide out keyboard causes a bit of an obsticle because it tries to slide out when pressure is applied.

However, the slide out qwerty keyboard is a great gain. The buttons are a bit small for my large fingers, but typing on it produces significantly less errors than when I had to deal with the touch screen of the 5530.

The Nokia tech support has been good to me thus far when I've had issues. I didn't have to deal with a bunch of beurocracy when they needed to cover my warranty. All in all, I'm glad I bought this phone. Due to the improvements and solidarity of the phone & customer service, I'll probably be upgrading this phone to another Nokia when it becomes out dated.
on May 24, 2011
The Nokia C6-00 is a nice phone, unique and handy. Received the phone quickly. Amazon does a great job with shipping...if they tell you 2 days, it will be 2, if they say 3-5 days, you might get it in 4. The phone is not heavy. Like the apps, but wished there were more like what the iPod and iPhone has. Love the Map, I can download just about any country and it actually shows you where you are without been online and it talks to you while you drive when you put in where you want to go. I had to go away, so I tried it outside of the USA and it still shows you where you actually are. If you need to download the entire USA, you'll need a larger capacity Micro SD card...the USA is large, but you could download which state you need or just search for the address...as I said you don't need to be online to do this.
Sometimes when you are at a particular screen it freezes and you have to turn off the phone or the phone turns off without you doing it, otherwise it's okay. For the price, it has a little of everything and some extras that other phones don't have. WIFI is great, I can pick up WIFI virtually anywhere.
I had one problem, I could not find any cover and screen protective films except in the UK or China, so now I have to wait for the package. Amazon had two types from another company, which I only liked one and they only had one color available and I need more colors. So I'm hoping Amazon will get the cases, so in the future I can buy more cases and other customers would do the same.
Overall the phone is nice and does everything it says it would do.
on January 17, 2012
The phone is very nice, practical and useful.The manual has good explanations in Spanish, easy to understand, the more important that it has WI fi, GPS works well, the OVI store excellent to download applications, to register gives you some free applications.5MP camera is good, of course, I would say that's not better than in my old sony ericsson, but even so can be seen very well the images. Very practical to receive your emails directly to the phone, among other thing.I recommend it!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

El teléfono es muy lindo, practico y útil. El manual tiene buenas explicaciones en español, fácil de entender, lo más importante que tiene WI fi, el GPS funciona bien, la tienda OVI excelente para descargar aplicaciones, al registrarte te regala algunas aplicaciones gratis. La cámara de 5MP es buena, claro yo diría que no mejor que la de mi antiguo Sony Ericsson, pero aun así se aprecia muy bien las imágenes. Muy practico recibir tus correos directamente al teléfono, entre otras cosa. Lo recomiendo!
I purchased my Nokia C6-00 unlocked GSM Smartphone for both U.S. and International usage in March 2011 from Amazon.com. Before I make any comments about the phone itself, I just want everyone to know that, based on my experiences with Nokia Technical Support, that you can be confident that Nokia will treat you like a VIP and stand behind the phone.

First off, the few times I have called Nokia support number for assistance, I was totally delighted with the knowledgeable representatives who always spent whatever time I required to ensure my complete satisfaction and that all my questions were answered to my satisfaction.

But best of all I have been in the Philippines since June 2011. In September 2011 the slider started to develop a little sloppiness which was slowly becoming progressively sloppier. I went to the local Nokia phone store here in Manila and the Nokia representative assured me this was not typical. I was advised that since I had purchased the phone in the USA, that I should contact Nokia's Support Center in the USA to determine how to best get my issue resolved.

When I called Nokia, the agent wasn't sure how to best accommodate my request to get the phone serviced locally here in the Philippines and had my case escalated for management resolution. Being that the phone was fully functional and that my request was not urgent I was more than happy with the suggested process offered by the agent.

Needless to say, I was quickly assigned a personal case manager named Macy, who treated me like a VIP. Macy took the time to fully understand my concern in getting the phone serviced locally. Where my phone is a USA variant Macy using her words assured me that her and Nokia's resolution to my case "will have a smile on my face".

Macy asked if my request was urgent or if I could give her some time to work with the Nokia team to come up with the absolute best resolution. Again, like I told my original agent, I told Macy that my request was not urgent and that the phone was fully functional but I am sure at some point the slider will become too loose to be useable.

Within a few days Macy contacted me and offered to ship me a brand new phone here in the Philippines at Nokia's expense to ensure my complete satisfaction. I now have my new Nokia C6-00 and to say I am delighted with Nokia is truly an understatement. Macy and Nokia definitely have, to use Macy's words "put a smile on my face" and then some, as promised.

As a result of how I was treated by Nokia, especially in this age of companies looking to cut costs wherever they can, I will never own another brand phone.

Now getting to the phone itself. I understand that Nokia's direction is to be soon offering Windows phones replacing the Symbian operating system. Yes, at some point when I am ready to upgrade to a new phone, based on my experience with Nokia, a Nokia Windows phone will be in my future.

I did a lot of research before purchasing my Nokia C6-00 Smartphone and felt for my purposes this unlocked GSM phone that works on both AT&T's and T-Mobile's networks in the USA and virtually everywhere in the world was the best value. Plus, being an unlocked phone that is affordable you do NOT need to commit to an expensive phone contract to have a fully functional quality Smartphone.

The reality is the phone is rock solid and does everything well and simply works. There are a lot of applications available for it from the Nokia store, and the interface is very intuitive and straightforward to use. It may not be as glitzy an interface as some of the newer interfaces, but again the phone really is very intuitive to use, it just works and is loaded with features, which are all implemented very well.

The hardware is also rock solid and I get a lot of complements on the phone wherever I go both when I was in the USA and here in the Philippines. The quality of both the materials and the workmanship are very obvious.

In summary, whether the Nokia C6-00 is the right Nokia phone for you or not, I am sure that you can find a Nokia model that meets your needs.

If you are not in an urgent rush to get a Windows phone, based on my experiences with Nokia, you would do well to wait for the new Nokia Windows models before making an investment in a new Windows phone.